Will we see another (former) First Lady run for President within the next 100 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:18:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will we see another (former) First Lady run for President within the next 100 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: years?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Will we see another (former) First Lady run for President within the next 100  (Read 8110 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 26, 2010, 09:45:55 PM »

I think that it is almost an inevitability.  With gender equality getting closer to equilibrium every day it should come as no surprise to America if couples start tag-teaming the presidency.  I also think within the next 100 years we are probably going to see a former First Gentleman run and a husband/wife ticket would not surprise me in the slightest either.

A husband/wife ticket would have other issues besides gender. People may not trust having both Pres and VP in the same family. Also (unless they maintained dual residences), they would not be eligible for their home state's EV's.

As for the poll question, it is very likely that one will run, with about an even chance of one being nominated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies