VOTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:34:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  VOTE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VOTE  (Read 5798 times)
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2004, 06:39:58 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2004, 07:23:13 PM by Emsworth »

Proposals:

Proposal A (Hugh)
Electors: 104 - 133 - 132 - 60 - 109
Residents: 33 - 24 - 18 - 10 - 18
Voters: 18 - 12 - 5 - 5 - 9
States: 10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 10

Proposal B (Hugh)
Electors: 96 - 130 - 119 - 84 - 109
Residents: 32 - 29 - 17 - 7 - 18
Voters: 16 - 17 - 4 - 3 - 9
States: 10 - 10 -10 -10 - 10

Proposal C (Lewis)
Electors: 65 - 56 - 189 - 82 - 146
Residents: 21 - 14 - 25 - 19 - 24
Voters: 9 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 10
States: 7 - 3 - 16 - 8 -16

Proposal D (Lewis)
Electors: 65 - 90 - 153 - 86 - 141
Residents: 21 - 21 - 22 - 20 - 19
Voters: 9 - 14 - 5 - 12 - 9
States: 7 - 7 - 12 - 7 - 17

Proposal E (The Vice President, Harry)
Electors: 104 - 118 - 106 - 106 - 104
Residents: 33 - 21 - 17 - 15 - 17
Voters: 18 - 11 - 4 - 7 - 9
States: 10 - 9 - 9 - 13 - 9

Proposal F (Emsworth)
Electors: 93 - 100 - 135 - 106 - 104
Residents: 31 - 26 - 20 - 15 - 17
Voters: 13 - 12 - 8 - 7 - 9
States: 10 - 6 - 12 - 13 - 9

Proposal G (Gustaf)
Electors: 117 - 153 - 106 - 78 - 104
Residents: 39 - 19 - 22 - 6 - 17
Voters: 21 - 5 - 12 - 2 - 9
States: 11 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 9

To vote:
- Rank all of the proposals in order, numbering them from one to five, with one being the most preferred and five the least.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 06:42:50 PM »

Eh, what are you doing?

There were other proposals, and only a couple of people have voted on which maps will make the final poll. this thread is completely invalid until we actually have the contenders.

BTW, I think my other proposals were actually ahead of Hugh-A anyway.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2004, 06:49:11 PM by Emsworth »

Eh, what are you doing?

There were other proposals, and only a couple of people have voted on which maps will make the final poll. this thread is completely invalid until we actually have the contenders.

BTW, I think my other proposals were actually ahead of Hugh-A anyway.
It was at the Vice President's instigation that I set up this topic. I removed all maps with less than four voters in each region; these were all that were left. My own proposal was designed as an improvement of Harry's, so that the South could have more voters.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 06:50:49 PM »

Well then the Vice president, god love him, is wrong. You can't preempt the vote, or add your own conditions. All the maps-even of_this nations' 6 region plan and Gustaf's alphabetical one-need to be considered fully and given a chance to vote on. Just wait until theren is a bit more of a concensus on what the people like.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 06:51:04 PM »

What happened to GAFFERM1 and GAFFERM2? Sad
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 06:54:51 PM »

exactly. The first one was a joke, but the second was actually quite a good proposal.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 06:57:39 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2004, 06:59:00 PM by Emsworth »

exactly. The first one was a joke, but the second was actually quite a good proposal.
I beg to disagree. One region, containing several states (MT, WY, CO, NM, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX) had exactly two voters. Such a region, for evident reasons, is not viable.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 07:04:06 PM »

I beg to disagree. One region, containing several states (MT, WY, CO, NM, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX) had exactly two voters. Such a region, for evident reasons, is not viable.

Oh, shut up. Wink
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 07:04:12 PM »

Hmmm, I must attempt to fix the problem I created. . . .

Since no one has voted, we can add another proposal or two, then vote.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 07:04:36 PM »

What do you mean 'joke'? That hurts, that really does. Sad

Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 07:06:09 PM »

Eveery proposal must be here, including the one with two people in the region. If its stupid, people won't vote for it.

Or we can go back to the original idea and let people nominate for their top 5 for the poll.

VP Harry, as the president's Representative, it's your call.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 07:07:15 PM »

Since no one has voted, we can add another proposal or two, then vote.
Well, I would have voted, but I chose not to while the vote was still being objected to. I would definitely modify my post to add further proposals (provided that each region contains a minimum of four voters). If it is felt that no further proposals need be added, and if there are no further objections, I am ready to vote.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2004, 07:08:08 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2004, 07:09:12 PM by VP Harry »

Eveery proposal must be here, including the one with two people in the region. If its stupid, people won't vote for it.

Or we can go back to the original idea and let people nominate for their top 5 for the poll.

VP Harry, as the president's Representative, it's your call.

There must be at least 3 people in each region for two senators and a governor.
If a plan does not follow that, it couldn't be used so it shouldn't even be considered.
Of course, one could always get someone to move to a different state, like I did with Siege40 . . .
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2004, 07:08:32 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2004, 07:10:23 PM by Emsworth »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well, I think that these are the only five - excluding the "joke" and the regions with too few voters. I request the VP to let the proposals as they currently are stand.

If it is desired, I could add Hugh's other proposal - but it has three voters each in two regions.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2004, 07:09:47 PM »

see, whilst it is a good idea to have at least four voters per region, you can't just exclude the rest. The people have a right to choose a method with less then four people.

Did you see me acting partisanly when i set up the poll? No. So why are you hijacking it and making it a poll that only suits your ideals?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 07:10:20 PM »

Well, I think that these are the only five - excluding the "joke" and the regions with too few voters. I request the VP to let the proposals as they currently are stand.

Stop calling it the 'joke'! the 'joke', the 'joke'...what is that? Sad
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 07:10:49 PM »

see, whilst it is a good idea to have at least four voters per region, you can't just exclude the rest. The people have a right to choose a method with less then four people.

Did you see me acting partisanly when i set up the poll? No. So why are you hijacking it and making it a poll that only suits your ideals?

A region with 2 people could not work--we'd have a vacancy; so if a plan includes such a region, it must not be considered
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2004, 07:10:54 PM »

your alphabetical proposal
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2004, 07:11:17 PM »

Was it a serious proprosal?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2004, 07:11:43 PM »

What do you think?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2004, 07:12:43 PM »

whilst it is a good idea to have at least four voters per region, you can't just exclude the rest.
I would definitely be willing to include your first proposal. But to include those with two-voter regions would be pointless, as they cannot be used. But if you insist, I shall include them.

I can completely deny all accusations of gerrymandering for the sake of the Progressive Party, if that's what is being hinted at.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2004, 07:12:47 PM »

What do you think?

I'd think not, hence the cognomen "joke"
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2004, 07:13:17 PM »

A region with 2 people could not work--we'd have a vacancy; so if a plan includes such a region, it must not be considered

Regions don't HAVE to have governors. Whilst I agree that it is stupid to have such a small region, the general populace hasn't had a chance to choose their favorite proposals yet. It was set up so that people could choose between the proposals, and take the best to a final vote, but now we are being told to choose between these five? Not only am I offended that my thread and idea, that I was running in neutrality and with good faith was hijacked, I am also offended that the people of the forum's voice isn't being heard.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2004, 07:14:29 PM »

Regions don't HAVE to have governors. Whilst I agree that it is stupid to have such a small region, the general populace hasn't had a chance to choose their favorite proposals yet. It was set up so that people could choose between the proposals, and take the best to a final vote, but now we are being told to choose between these five? Not only am I offended that my thread and idea, that I was running in neutrality and with good faith was hijacked, I am also offended that the people of the forum's voice isn't being heard.
If you can get someone to "move" into a small district, go ahead.
But such small regions should not be considered.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2004, 07:15:12 PM »

whilst it is a good idea to have at least four voters per region, you can't just exclude the rest.
I would definitely be willing to include your first proposal. But to include those with two-voter regions would be pointless, as they cannot be used. But if you insist, I shall include them.

I can completely deny all accusations of gerrymandering for the sake of the Progressive Party, if that's what is being hinted at.

I appreciate your will to include my first proposal, but we have to include all the proposals-even Gustaf's serious alphabetical one Wink

I also was not accusing you of gerrymandering, I actually quite like your proposal. What I was inferring was that this poll includes only states that fit into the PP's plan for regions.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies