The Disciples
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:56:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The Disciples
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Disciples  (Read 676 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »

I know at church plays you all see men in their 30's with beards and long hair, but realistically students would have been teenagers. This can account for how the disciples were often confused or did not have as strong of faith (Thomas). Jesus as the rabbi would have had a disciple close in age (Peter) to take over if something happened to him. This explains why Peter is looked at as the first pope. I am curious to find out the comments and thoughts from others on this matter that is often overlooked. It also allows for the disciples to live longer after the resurrection to influence scripture.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »

I know at church plays you all see men in their 30's with beards and long hair,

actually, you have no idea what I see in church plays.  Here is an example of church skit in my church:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bmns1CRX60

as you can see, the person playing Jesus has neither a beard nor long hair, nor was any consideration given to it, so put aside your preconceived notions as to what other Christians see and believe, because you know a lot less than what you claim to know.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »

I saw that and I'm glad that it's like that!  My church was very dull and gave me a bad view of what churches can do. It is not preconceived because I have been to as many church plays as anyone on here. I've even been in some. Praise Jesus!
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:58:46 PM »

Yall has never been to glide huh? it is a raging boom box in there. It is people singing their lungs out with a sweet beat. I am jewish but I like going because they know how to rock it.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:56:32 AM »

Church plays aren't bad, but it's frustrating when they lead ppl to misconceive what things were really like back then.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies