Anti-Kerry RUMOR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:01:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Anti-Kerry RUMOR
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-Kerry RUMOR  (Read 3928 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

This is a RUMOR. Not fact. Not substantiated. I have no first-hand knowledge.

However, I shall relay it anyway.

For several months, the Swifties and others have been trying very, very hard to pin down the circumstances of John Kerry's discharge. If it was normal or medical, no big deal. There is evidence, though, that he was not honorably discharged.

This may not materialize in time or ever, but if someone is going to drop a bomb, this is a possibility. News of a dishonorable discharge the day before the election would be very, very devastating to someone trying to make up ground.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 07:02:37 PM »

Bush had his girlfriend get an illegal abortion in 1970.
Oh, and mine has some actual evidence involved.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 07:03:05 PM »

I also heard that Dick Cheney is secretly an otherwordly demon.

I disregard all rumors. If there was much substantiation, they wouldn't have to release a rumor.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 07:24:27 PM »

A.  I've seen copies of the documents, and discussed them with friends, one a Vietnam era veteran and another that was a company clerk that handles those types of records.  They didn't see anything unusual, including his discharge and resignation of rank.

B.  I doubt if it would make a difference.

That said, it is unusual that Kerry, by his own admission, has not authorized the release of all his records.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 07:37:08 PM »

So what is this evidence? 
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 07:37:21 PM »

Supposedly there are other documents, and someone claims the Navy Secretary at the time has told him Kerry was not honorably discharged.

100% rumor, like I said.

If the Democrats had anything on Bush, we'd be hearing it.
khirkhib

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 07:40:02 PM »

The only thing the democrats have on their side against Bush is the truth.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 07:40:44 PM »

Supposedly there are other documents, and someone claims the Navy Secretary at the time has told him Kerry was not honorably discharged.

100% rumor, like I said.

If the Democrats had anything on Bush, we'd be hearing it.

There's plenty of dirt on Bush. A little too much for one person to keep track of.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 07:41:22 PM »

B.  I doubt if it would make a difference.

Yeah it would.  It would be devastating.  Althought there would also be a minor backlash against the Bush campaign for "waiting" until the last day to break this.  (Even though technically it's not the Bush campaign that would be releasing it.)

That said, it is unusual that Kerry, by his own admission, has not authorized the release of all his records.

Meh.  There's a boatload of Bush service records that will never see the light of day.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 07:45:27 PM »

The only thing the democrats have on their side against Bush is the truth.

Unfortunately for them, their nominee isn't using it.
Angel of Death
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 07:47:50 PM »

Come on, people, don't dismiss it until it has been reported by Drudge (with apologies to Otto von Bismarck). ;-)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 07:48:40 PM »

Come on, people, don't dismiss it until it has been reported by Drudge (with apologies to Otto von Bismarck). ;-)

Drudge has been on fire lately.  A lot of his stuff is proving to be true this last week.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 07:49:38 PM »

Drudge has been on fire lately.  A lot of his stuff is proving to be true this last week.

And Zogby got it right in 2000.

Drudge has it good. When he's right, he's praised. When he's wrong, he's praised, and then ignored, but praised for the "good effort." He's right significantly less than the mainstream media.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

And Zogby got it right in 2000.

Drudge has it good. When he's right, he's praised. When he's wrong, he's praised, and then ignored, but praised for the "good effort." He's right significantly less than the mainstream media.

Drudge is a stopped clock, right twice a day.  More like twice a year in his case, at least for his huge stories like this.  He happens to have picked a very good time to be getting it right.

He can release an anti-Kerry rumor on Sunday or Monday and get it picked up by the MSM because he has built up some much needed credability.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 07:55:16 PM »

Yeah, because Drudge has so much credibility.
CollectiveInterest

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 10:56:31 PM »

This is a RUMOR. Not fact. Not substantiated. I have no first-hand knowledge.

However, I shall relay it anyway.

For several months, the Swifties and others have been trying very, very hard to pin down the circumstances of John Kerry's discharge. If it was normal or medical, no big deal. There is evidence, though, that he was not honorably discharged.

This may not materialize in time or ever, but if someone is going to drop a bomb, this is a possibility. News of a dishonorable discharge the day before the election would be very, very devastating to someone trying to make up ground.

It's a pretty unusual thing for an officer to get an adverse discharge.

What is the basis of Kerry getting an adverse discharge? If President Nixon pulled strings to get Kerry a less than honorable discharge to punish him for his political views, would this just be another example of the cynicism, corruption and dishonesty of the Republican Party?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 11:13:17 PM »

It's a pretty unusual thing for an officer to get an adverse discharge.

What is the basis of Kerry getting an adverse discharge? If President Nixon pulled strings to get Kerry a less than honorable discharge to punish him for his political views, would this just be another example of the cynicism, corruption and dishonesty of the Republican Party?

His resignation from the reserves was 1978, and I told it is unlikely or impossible for him to have stayed in the reserves if he had a dishonorable discharge.  It's also unlikely, as an officer, for an officer to have his discharge "upgraded" to honorable, which is fairly common with enlisted men.

There might be something in his records that he doesn't want released, but the discharge isn't it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies