"NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:59:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  "NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate"  (Read 10215 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2004, 04:37:16 PM »

Bush was wired.  He is a puppet, with some very bad people behind him pulling the strings.  The bulge is Karl Roves icy, evil fingers pushing out of his back.  Rove is reaching up Bush from behind and trying to make his mouth move with his fingers, but he couldn't reach far enough.  If Rove went on a diet this scandel never would have broken.

You can actually hear Bush speaking to the person in his ear at one point.  He says "Let me finish."  in the middle of a statement, to no one in particular, when no one is interrupting him in any way.  He is trying to get the person (Rove) who is in his ear to shut up for a second so that he can think and finish his statement.

It's totally obvious that he is talking to the person who is feeding him lines, telling them to "Let him finish" before feeding him more lines.

freedomburns

fb

Freedumb[/i]burns, this mythical. 

Please explain how Bush was able to hear the commends without an earpiece.  Was it invisible?  Did tiny fairies relay the messages from his back to ear?

Your ability to think objectively is mythical.

fb

I do think objectively, and look for little details like, oh, logic, evidence, fact.  Sometime, when you are mentally competent, you try it.  Reality can be fun, though I get the feeling you'll never know.

LOL.  Nice post.  Child.

fb
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2004, 04:45:10 PM »

Bush was wired.  He is a puppet, with some very bad people behind him pulling the strings.  The bulge is Karl Roves icy, evil fingers pushing out of his back.  Rove is reaching up Bush from behind and trying to make his mouth move with his fingers, but he couldn't reach far enough.  If Rove went on a diet this scandel never would have broken.

You can actually hear Bush speaking to the person in his ear at one point.  He says "Let me finish."  in the middle of a statement, to no one in particular, when no one is interrupting him in any way.  He is trying to get the person (Rove) who is in his ear to shut up for a second so that he can think and finish his statement.

It's totally obvious that he is talking to the person who is feeding him lines, telling them to "Let him finish" before feeding him more lines.

freedomburns

fb

Freedumb[/i]burns, this mythical. 

Please explain how Bush was able to hear the commends without an earpiece.  Was it invisible?  Did tiny fairies relay the messages from his back to ear?

Your ability to think objectively is mythical.

fb

I do think objectively, and look for little details like, oh, logic, evidence, fact.  Sometime, when you are mentally competent, you try it.  Reality can be fun, though I get the feeling you'll never know.

LOL.  Nice post.  Child.

fb

Freedumbburns,  I've ask this question of another poster (and I think I got an honest answer), so I'm going to ask you.  Do you really believe the moronic things you post, or are just that partizan?
lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2004, 05:32:42 PM »

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/29/bulge/index.html

From Salon.com:
"A professional physicist and photo analyst for more than 30 years, he speaks earnestly and thoughtfully about his subject. "I am willing to stake my scientific reputation to the statement that Bush was wearing something under his jacket during the debate," he says. "This is not about a bad suit. And there's no way the bulge can be described as a wrinkled shirt."

I don't see how that could be a bullet-proof vest either. Its not a general area that is sticking out from the jacket like a vest would be, but instead just a line and a box.

NASA scientists "speaks earnestly and thoughtfully about the subject"? He is willing to " stake his scientific reputation " on it? amazing.  This might actually Wash if this was 1976.    You would have a hard time finding a device that big with a wire that thick today if you tried. 

This is 2004.  Technology has long since left a device that large behind.  So much for the earnest and thoughtful analysis of an NASA scientist. I guess his reputation is left in shambles.   

The "scientist" doesn't say Bush was wired. And of course he wasn't. But clearly there's something there. What is it? Some kind of girdle? A bullet-proof vest? A bra?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2004, 05:55:47 PM »

1.  My first guess is that it is an optical illusion, basically the way that the light hit the back of his jacket.  If not, there should be other frames that would show the "shape."

2.  My second guess is that it's a bullet proof vest, but there should be other frames giving a hint that it's there.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2004, 06:25:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Freedumbburns,  I've ask this question of another poster (and I think I got an honest answer), so I'm going to ask you.  Do you really believe the moronic things you post, or are just that partizan?
You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, I don't really believe that the bulge is from Karl Rove's attempt to move Bush's mouth with his fingers like a rpuppet.

Other than that, as much as it pains me to say this to someone as closed-minded and judgemental as yourself, yes.  I do have a strong personal point of view on the issues and I stand behind my statements.  I will back them up with facts and citations if I am pressed to do so.

Once in a while, I post provacative things that are over the top just to get a reaction, but they are mostly just extentions of personal beliefs that have been taken a couple of steps further. 

I do it to show certain people that there are intelligent, articulate people here that study the issues as though they were paid for it, and that may hold diametrically oposing viewpoints to their own.  If that makes one person pause and reconsider a Republico-fascist (sorry) position, then my goal has been accomplished.

If I am confrontational, that is just to keep things lively and interesting.  It should not be taken seriously.  I actually highly value intelligent debate from opposing viewpoints.  Debate helps one to refine and hash out a viable position on the issues of the day.   

freedomburns
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2004, 06:39:18 PM »

Even DKos says its a bullet proof vest. This issue is long dead.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

No, I don't really believe that the bulge is from Karl Rove's attempt to move Bush's mouth with his fingers like a rpuppet.

Other than that, as much as it pains me to say this to someone as closed-minded and judgemental as yourself, yes.  I do have a strong personal point of view on the issues and I stand behind my statements.  I will back them up with facts and citations if I am pressed to do so.

Once in a while, I post provacative things that are over the top just to get a reaction, but they are mostly just extentions of personal beliefs that have been taken a couple of steps further. 

I do it to show certain people that there are intelligent, articulate people here that study the issues as though they were paid for it, and that may hold diametrically oposing viewpoints to their own.  If that makes one person pause and reconsider a Republico-fascist (sorry) position, then my goal has been accomplished.

If I am confrontational, that is just to keep things lively and interesting.  It should not be taken seriously.  I actually highly value intelligent debate from opposing viewpoints.  Debate helps one to refine and hash out a viable position on the issues of the day.   

freedomburns

I have no objection to holding different political views, and, as I've pointed out, I do have serious discussion with people that do not share my views.  I do not treat them as I treat you.  They post honestly, cogently, and don't attempt to spin.  I will treat you the same way, if you do the same.  If you attempt to troll, as you have, expect it.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2004, 06:47:18 PM »

You think a scrolling bold-type signature calling Kerry intellectually dishonest is not trolling?

Hmm, maybe it is time to change up my signature rather than come across as a hypocrite here.

As long as you continue with your extreme partisanship, I intend to defend the other side, that I am sympathetic with even though I am not a member.

I'd prefer to keep the childish name calling to a minimum as well, but like you, I will respond in kind.  Sure, it's juvenile sometimes, but there are some things that demand a response and that it is hard to just let lay.

fb
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2004, 07:16:19 PM »

You think a scrolling bold-type signature calling Kerry intellectually dishonest is not trolling?

Hmm, maybe it is time to change up my signature rather than come across as a hypocrite here.

As long as you continue with your extreme partisanship, I intend to defend the other side, that I am sympathetic with even though I am not a member.

I'd prefer to keep the childish name calling to a minimum as well, but like you, I will respond in kind.  Sure, it's juvenile sometimes, but there are some things that demand a response and that it is hard to just let lay.

fb

Yes, mine does serve as a reminder; I do site numreous examples where Kerry is intellectually honest and in one case I called him "intellectually honest."  I would not call that "extreme partizanship."  You have noticed some of my comments on Kerry's "dishonorable" discharge, namely that he probably was honorably discharged.  Or you may have noted my opinion that sexual preference was not completely a choice, and the statements that the proposed amendments did not make civil unions illegal.  It always interests me how the Left chooses to believe things and not look at the facts.

I have noticed other people's signature, such as yours, but not limited to it, that run negative comments about both Bush and Kerry.  Feel free to keep yours up.

What you call "juvenile," I refer to as sarcasm.  Yours is met with mine; if you wither under superior firepower, so be it.  If that annoys you, don't do it and I won't.  My sarcasm is generally reserved for people who use it.  I cannot recall a single sarcastic remark that I made to Shira, for example, who is partizan.

Now, if you can't do it, my only advice is, don't mess with North Phila.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2004, 07:21:53 PM »

Ok, maybe you're not extremely partisan.  You are just abrasive and hard to take sometimes.  I wouldn't claim to be other than that myself.

I'm not clear on what you mean in that last sentence.  Do what exactly? Keep jousting with you?  Have no fear.

freedomburns is here
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2004, 07:36:41 PM »

Ok, maybe you're not extremely partisan.  You are just abrasive and hard to take sometimes.  I wouldn't claim to be other than that myself.

I'm not clear on what you mean in that last sentence.  Do what exactly? Keep jousting with you?  Have no fear.

freedomburns is here

Keep posting the drivel (yes, I know, you were doing it for effect) like the puppet stuff.  Make well argued, cogent, factual statements that don't spin.  Support the candidate of your choice, by all means, but keep it accurate and honest.  And don't go for the cheap points (ah, unless you're making a joke). 

Reasonable?
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2004, 07:42:39 PM »

Reasonable.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2004, 07:53:04 PM »

Here is a link with several proofs that Bush was wired and was getting cues from Rove.  It's pretty obvious if you are willing to see it.

http://www.visualfuturist.com/bushiswired/

Do yourself a favor and listen to Bush say "Let me finish" under his breath to no one in particular and then tell me what you think.  I am interested to hear it.

freedomburns
shankbear

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

freedomburnout, this is a freakin made up pile of dog crap!!

ALERT!!!!!!!!!!  Freedumburns has taken a commanding lead in the DEMOCRAPWEASEL WORTHLESS POST EFFORT!!

Film at 11:00!!!!!
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2004, 08:11:26 PM »

Yup, that is about what I expect from people who willfully blind themselves from the facts.  Denial.  Outrageously self-righteous indignation, name calling, and no citation of facts.

Your response paints you as a pot, calling a kettle black.  All of your protestations only make yourslef sound more unwilling to examine evidence and to formulate a reasoned opinion.

If anyone posts information which goes against your firmly held opinions, they must be a...what was it?  Oh yes, crapweasel.  What a lovely term you have found for yourself.  Crapweasel.  That is definely what you call someone who has no ability to argue with intelligence and facts and who hurls childish insults.

fb
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2004, 09:33:38 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2004, 09:36:44 PM by Londo Mollari »

Freedumbburns, and yes you deserve it, Bush uses it as a figure of speech.  He has a habit of doing it.
shankbear

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2004, 09:38:16 PM »

Thanks for the little note by email burnout.  You have no snese of what you are talking about.  You deserved the CRAPWEASEL ALERT!!!!  Just STFU
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2004, 09:40:42 PM »

I did look at the site and the photos wouldn't download.  I actually do were a backbrace under a suit jacket and I can tell you that it doesn't make that kind of a bulge.  It is bulkier than any broadcast device.

You sanity (or your honesty) is now in question.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2004, 09:56:37 PM »

I did look at the site and the photos wouldn't download.  I actually do were a backbrace under a suit jacket and I can tell you that it doesn't make that kind of a bulge.  It is bulkier than any broadcast device.

You guys have nothing.  The site proves that Bush was wearing a wire.

How does the fact that your backbrace's bulge is bigger than Bush's microphone battery pack's bulge prove anything?

fb
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2004, 10:35:49 PM »

You guys have nothing.  The site proves that Bush was wearing a wire.

How does the fact that your backbrace's bulge is bigger than Bush's microphone battery pack's bulge prove anything?

fb

What do think, he had a car battery strapped to his back!  Men's coats would hide anything like that, with out showing an outline.  Maybe it the mid 1970's, the time frame in which you seem to be stuck, a battery would be big enough to show.  This isn't the 1970's, Freedumbburnout, though your brain seems not to have developed since then.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2004, 11:48:06 PM »

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/29/bulge/index.html

From Salon.com:
"A professional physicist and photo analyst for more than 30 years, he speaks earnestly and thoughtfully about his subject. "I am willing to stake my scientific reputation to the statement that Bush was wearing something under his jacket during the debate," he says. "This is not about a bad suit. And there's no way the bulge can be described as a wrinkled shirt."

I don't see how that could be a bullet-proof vest either. Its not a general area that is sticking out from the jacket like a vest would be, but instead just a line and a box.

NASA scientists "speaks earnestly and thoughtfully about the subject"? He is willing to " stake his scientific reputation " on it? amazing.  This might actually Wash if this was 1976.    You would have a hard time finding a device that big with a wire that thick today if you tried. 

This is 2004.  Technology has long since left a device that large behind.  So much for the earnest and thoughtful analysis of an NASA scientist. I guess his reputation is left in shambles.   

Welcome,

I would have to add that I would have an easier time believeing a NASA scientist if this were 1976, too.  However, since Challenger, Columbia, the Hubble and the Mars Orbiter, NASA has kinda lost its alure.

Anyway, a wire this huge does seem damn unlikely.
kelpie
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2004, 08:03:48 AM »

I wouldn't put it past him to leave his coathanger in there...

;-)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies