"NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:36:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  "NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate"  (Read 10214 times)
sgpine
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2004, 03:27:34 PM »

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/29/bulge/index.html

From Salon.com:
"A professional physicist and photo analyst for more than 30 years, he speaks earnestly and thoughtfully about his subject. "I am willing to stake my scientific reputation to the statement that Bush was wearing something under his jacket during the debate," he says. "This is not about a bad suit. And there's no way the bulge can be described as a wrinkled shirt."

I don't see how that could be a bullet-proof vest either. Its not a general area that is sticking out from the jacket like a vest would be, but instead just a line and a box.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 03:30:25 PM »

I doesn't exactly look like an earpiece either. 
khirkhib

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 03:44:32 PM »

It looks like a wire.
shankbear

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 03:53:53 PM »

wow, i am impressed.  we should have him examine the texas national guard documents.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 03:55:06 PM »

That branches

Please check under you bed for Islamist elves.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 05:19:37 PM »

Don't you think the President could afford a wireless piece or atleast a smaller wire?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 05:40:04 PM »

Perhaps Prez Bush had a sore back that day so he had to wear a heat pack Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 10:29:52 PM »

Wouldn't he have won the debate? This is such a non-issue.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 10:32:16 PM »

Wouldn't he have won the debate? This is such a non-issue.

Ever tried listening to an earpiece while talking? It explains why he lost.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 10:34:57 PM »

Yeah, this is such bullsh*t. The kind of thing that divides people, stuff this petty and outright sh*tty. You got to be kidding me.

I'm so fed up with this stuff, no one has anything to talk about who would make an issue of this. WHATEVER it is, who knows.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 10:53:30 PM »

GiantSaguaro, please watch you language.

Obviously, attaching something to Bush's back isn't going to feed anything into his ears.  These people like khirkboob are just part of the loony left, whose brains exist in some sort of paranoid fantasy land.  The world is passing them by.
cabville
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 03:07:38 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2004, 03:09:30 PM by cabville »

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/29/bulge/index.html

From Salon.com:
"A professional physicist and photo analyst for more than 30 years, he speaks earnestly and thoughtfully about his subject. "I am willing to stake my scientific reputation to the statement that Bush was wearing something under his jacket during the debate," he says. "This is not about a bad suit. And there's no way the bulge can be described as a wrinkled shirt."

I don't see how that could be a bullet-proof vest either. Its not a general area that is sticking out from the jacket like a vest would be, but instead just a line and a box.

NASA scientists "speaks earnestly and thoughtfully about the subject"? He is willing to " stake his scientific reputation " on it? amazing.  This might actually Wash if this was 1976.    You would have a hard time finding a device that big with a wire that thick today if you tried. 

This is 2004.  Technology has long since left a device that large behind.  So much for the earnest and thoughtful analysis of an NASA scientist. I guess his reputation is left in shambles.   

Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 03:50:31 PM »

GiantSaguaro, please watch you language.

Obviously, attaching something to Bush's back isn't going to feed anything into his ears.  These people like khirkboob are just part of the loony left, whose brains exist in some sort of paranoid fantasy land.  The world is passing them by.

Well, I usually do. But sometimes for emphasis you don't. I'm pretty much PG rated, I don't get as explicit as some.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 03:58:20 PM »

Yep.
They could have inserted some ear peiece into his ear (so that it wasn't visible).
But in any case, it looks like he got busted for having a wire.
khirkhib

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 04:05:13 PM »

khirkboob, dude you make me laugh, that's great.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 04:09:55 PM »

Good, we can call you "boob," for short.
khirkhib

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 05:41:37 PM »

That's fine it will remind me that I'm debating with 3rd graders.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2004, 07:36:09 PM »

That's fine it will remind me that I'm debating with 3rd graders.

Talking to yourself again 'boob? :-)

You honestly cannot be stupid enough to believe that a wrinkle under a coat translates into someone broadcasting Bush the answers.
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 08:55:58 PM »

I do not think the President of the US in the year 2004 would need to be wired like that. 
1.The photo is doctored
2.If someone needed to be wired, you dont need a wire anymore.  A simple ear piece will do. 
3.Bush was not wired.
khirkhib

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 09:33:08 PM »

I really don't think it was. I've said it before when this subject first came up that I don't think the president would be stupid enough to think that he could cheat in a national debate.  I'm sure he has used an ear piece to give speeches before, why not, with as much as a president has to say and do it makes sense but I don't think he was dependant on it and I don't think he used it in the speech.  All I said on this thread was that in this "NASA" picture it looks like wires and it does.  Does it mean that it is wires, No, I was just commenting.  And please JJ I just don't like the asinine vitriol of petty insults.  If you need to call me anything call me Tom, thats my name.  And I am not your enemy.  I want to make this country better, same as you do and the only way that we are ever going to do that is if we work it out together.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2004, 09:46:50 PM »

I really don't think it was. I've said it before when this subject first came up that I don't think the president would be stupid enough to think that he could cheat in a national debate.  I'm sure he has used an ear piece to give speeches before, why not, with as much as a president has to say and do it makes sense but I don't think he was dependant on it and I don't think he used it in the speech.  All I said on this thread was that in this "NASA" picture it looks like wires and it does.  Does it mean that it is wires, No, I was just commenting.  And please JJ I just don't like the asinine vitriol of petty insults.  If you need to call me anything call me Tom, thats my name.  And I am not your enemy.  I want to make this country better, same as you do and the only way that we are ever going to do that is if we work it out together.

You said you liked 'boob.  I never said you were my enemy. 

I do have discussions with many Democrats on this site that look at the posts honestly and don't attempt to spin.  I do not respond to them as I do to you.  If you wish to troll, expect it.

If, on the other hand, you wish to discuss things cogently, even though we disagree, I will call you Tom.

If you decide to post somethings, repeatedly, like this nonsense, 'boob you will be.  And, BTW, if I post something stupid like that, you can make fun of me.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2004, 03:26:42 PM »

Bush was wired.  He is a puppet, with some very bad people behind him pulling the strings.  The bulge is Karl Roves icy, evil fingers pushing out of his back.  Rove is reaching up Bush from behind and trying to make his mouth move with his fingers, but he couldn't reach far enough.  If Rove went on a diet this scandel never would have broken.

You can actually hear Bush speaking to the person in his ear at one point.  He says "Let me finish."  in the middle of a statement, to no one in particular, when no one is interrupting him in any way.  He is trying to get the person (Rove) who is in his ear to shut up for a second so that he can think and finish his statement.

It's totally obvious that he is talking to the person who is feeding him lines, telling them to "Let him finish" before feeding him more lines.

freedomburns

fb
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2004, 04:25:45 PM »

Bush was wired.  He is a puppet, with some very bad people behind him pulling the strings.  The bulge is Karl Roves icy, evil fingers pushing out of his back.  Rove is reaching up Bush from behind and trying to make his mouth move with his fingers, but he couldn't reach far enough.  If Rove went on a diet this scandel never would have broken.

You can actually hear Bush speaking to the person in his ear at one point.  He says "Let me finish."  in the middle of a statement, to no one in particular, when no one is interrupting him in any way.  He is trying to get the person (Rove) who is in his ear to shut up for a second so that he can think and finish his statement.

It's totally obvious that he is talking to the person who is feeding him lines, telling them to "Let him finish" before feeding him more lines.

freedomburns

fb

Freedumb[/i]burns, this mythical. 

Please explain how Bush was able to hear the commends without an earpiece.  Was it invisible?  Did tiny fairies relay the messages from his back to ear?
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2004, 04:26:49 PM »

freedomburns

fb

Please explain how Bush was able to hear the commends without an earpiece.  Was it invisible?  Did tiny fairies relay the messages from his back to ear?

Your ability to think objectively is mythical.

fb
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2004, 04:29:37 PM »

freedomburns

fb

Your ability to think objectively is mythical.

fb

I do think objectively, and look for little details like, oh, logic, evidence, fact.  Sometime, when you are mentally competent, you try it.  Reality can be fun, though I get the feeling you'll never know.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies