Major Alert : We found the Terrorists who took the weapons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:33:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Major Alert : We found the Terrorists who took the weapons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Major Alert : We found the Terrorists who took the weapons  (Read 9302 times)
pollwatch99-a
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2004, 11:54:10 AM »
« edited: October 29, 2004, 11:56:22 AM by pollwatch99-a »

They confessed to removing 250+ tons of weapons including RDX.  They claim to have destroyed the weapons but may have some pictures of the material before they did.  Probably will not satisfy the UN or their supporters.

Who are these villians?  The US MILTARY doing their normal outstanding job.  Will the Times or CBSNews admit to bad reporting?  Will Kerry apologize?  Of course not.

John Kerry always willing to believe the UN even without proof. John Kerry never willing to believe our miltary even with proof.   

shankbear

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 11:58:45 AM »

The "press" is attacking the Major who was actually there with boots on the ground at Al QaQaa.  They media is trying so freakin hard to do Kerry's job it is silly.  Kerry has stopped his dimwitted assertions of HIS version of the facts.  Maybe he now believes that there are equally plausible explanations of where these munitions went.  Kerry evidence has been the embarrassing reports by the New York Times and that TV station.

Kerry is the one with the credibility problem here.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:15:19 PM »

In all fairness, the HMX is still up in the air. 

It doesn't really look too promising for Kerry's 360 metric tons of explosives to have been smuggled out under a burka.  :-)
pollwatch99-a
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 12:35:05 PM »

NY Times & CBS News did a bad job reporting.   Kerry wasn't fair when he jumped on it.  Payback is a b...h
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 12:46:23 PM »

Yep!  It is.  At least when Bush gets something wrong there is a ton of evidence supporting the wrong conclusion.  Kerry must be really smart in comparison, for he can make a wrong conclusion without evidence.
CollectiveInterest

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 12:48:54 PM »

You Bush supporters are spinning and spinning on this.

Are any of you willing to consider the possibility the Bush/Rumsfeld invasion plan was flawed?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 12:59:09 PM »

Are any of you willing to consider the possibility the Bush/Rumsfeld invasion plan was flawed?

First rule of war. "Military plans become obsolete on the first contact with the enemy."
shankbear

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 01:05:05 PM »

OK before the invasion there was a tyrant in power, after the invasion..no tyrant.  Before the invasion there were thousands of tons of munitions available for the bad guys..after...99.9% of those munitions are accounted for.

Before the invasion, Kerry had no record.  After the invasion...Kerry still has no record.  Go figure.
shankbear

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 01:14:45 PM »

We have found 400,000 tons of munitions in Iraq.  The Times report talks about 380 tons. Hmmmm that's a damn good job by ANY stretch of the imagination.  And it appears that even most of the 380 tons have been explained but waiting on more information.

I would sat WELL DONE U.S. military!!!!!!  Kick that ass.
pollwatch99-a
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 01:16:45 PM »

We have found 400,000 tons of munitions in Iraq.  The Times report talks about 380 tons. Hmmmm that's a damn good job by ANY stretch of the imagination.  And it appears that even most of the 380 tons have been explained but waiting on more information.

I heard a piece of the news conference during lunch.  The number 700,000 tons was mentioned by the Pentagon
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 01:32:14 PM »

First rule of war. "Military plans become obsolete on the first contact with the enemy."

You evade the question.

Should this facility have been secured?  yes/no

Did the plan call for it to be secured? yes/no
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 01:33:57 PM »

OK before the invasion there was a tyrant in power, after the invasion..no tyrant.  Before the invasion there were thousands of tons of munitions available for the bad guys..after...99.9% of those munitions are accounted for.

Before the invasion, Kerry had no record.  After the invasion...Kerry still has no record.  Go figure.

What's your definition of a tyrant? Why doesn't Allawi qualify as a tyrant?

What "bad guys" are you talking about?

What's your reference that 99.9% of munitions were accounted for?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 01:35:52 PM »

Do you know that this is the only 380 tons where Rumsfeld's plan was flawed?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 01:44:33 PM »

I heard a piece of the news conference during lunch.  The number 700,000 tons was mentioned by the Pentagon

Should the facility have been secured?

Was it?

Why not?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 01:55:09 PM »

Obviously you missed the press conference this morning.
shankbear

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 01:57:59 PM »

99.9%  what percentage of 400,000 is 380 Collective.

We have done a great job securing this stuff.

Did you hear the Major at the news conference?  He did his job.  He secured over 250 tons at Al Qaqaa and destroyed them.  He said that NOW he could not tell you that all of what he did destroy were what is being spoken of.  He did not speak out of turn as Kerry has spoken.  This guy has such a great deal more credibility than Kerry on this particluar site it pales by comparison.  

The site was secure.  Our military did the job.

Oh and I am not privy to the war plans and I don't believe you were either.

Collective, if our efforts there have removed 400,000 to 700,000 tons of munitions from being used would you agree that that is a job well done?  I have not seen an estimate from any credible source as to the total estimate of what was in Iraq.  Have you?

So by your question regarding Allawi, you seem to intimate that Iraq would have been better with Saddam still in power.  Great logic.  Kerry soundbite.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 02:24:31 PM »

The one where the Bush political appointee was lying again?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 02:25:52 PM »

Your an idiot and a troll....I've now come to that conclusion. Screw off Michael Moore Jr.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 02:27:47 PM »

So by your question regarding Allawi, you seem to intimate that Iraq would have been better with Saddam still in power.  Great logic.  Kerry soundbite.

You avoided my question.

Where did I say Iraq would be better with Saddam Hussein in power?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 02:29:50 PM »

Your an idiot and a troll....I've now come to that conclusion. Screw off Michael Moore Jr.

Typical Bush supporter. When the facts don't support your position you start namecalling.

Bush supporters are a threat to democracy if you value discussing the facts and policy and developing a rational plan for moving forward.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

Typical Bush supporter. When the facts don't support your position you start namecalling.

Bush supporters are a threat to democracy if you value discussing the facts and policy and developing a rational plan for moving forward.

Your lucky I'm not president. You'd be interned for sedition and treason.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 02:35:25 PM »

Bush supporters have no respect for the freedom eschrined in the Bill of Rights.

When faced with facts and logic that refute their political ideology they want to use the power of the state to silence dissent.

Ya'll are as bad as the most dogmatic Communists on this point.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 02:35:50 PM »

You evade the question.

Should this facility have been secured?  yes/no

Did the plan call for it to be secured? yes/no

Collectiveinterest, I answered your question, with candor, about the war plans on another thread.

If they sent one soldier per metric ton, you have to nearly send every soldier on active duty to Iraq; to put them on twelve hour shifts (they have to get some sleep), you would need 190% of the Army to guard them.  There were simply too much to practically guard.

Now the question is, is it a good idea to get rid of a guy, who has invaded neighboring countries, used WMD's, plotted to assassinate a former US President, has about a ton of explosives per US Army soldier and did have a record of sheltering terrorists?  My vote is yes.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 02:37:34 PM »

Bush supporters have no respect for the freedom eschrined in the Bill of Rights.

When faced with facts and logic that refute their political ideology they want to use the power of the state to silence dissent.

Ya'll are as bad as the most dogmatic Communists on this point.

Thats the way the government ought to be run. Freedom has limits.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2004, 02:37:59 PM »

Should the facility of been secured?

Why wasn't it?

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/10042037.htm

The more than 320 tons of missing Iraqi high explosives at center stage in the U.S. presidential election are only a fraction of the weapons-related material that's disappeared in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion last year....

In a new disclosure, the senior U.S. military officer and another U.S. official, who also spoke on condition he not be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter, said that an Iraqi working for U.S. intelligence alerted U.S. troops stationed near the al Qaqaa weapons facility that the installation was being looted shortly after the fall of Baghdad on April 9, 2003.

But, they said, the troops took no apparent action to halt the pillaging.

"That was one of numerous times when Iraqis warned us that ammo dumps and other places were being looted and we weren't able to respond because we didn't have anyone to send," said a senior U.S. military officer who served in Iraq.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies