Connie Mack compares Ariz. law to Nazi Germany
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:38:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Connie Mack compares Ariz. law to Nazi Germany
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Connie Mack compares Ariz. law to Nazi Germany  (Read 1744 times)
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:23 PM »

I'm not who you think but I do find it amusing that this forum can't enforce it's own borders and you complain yet don't care that your country can't and instead encourage it.
I find it amusing that you think you can compare an internet forum to a nation and a profie to a person's life.

I find it amusing you think I can't. It's not like, you know, just did, or anything like that.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 12:04:47 AM »

I'm not who you think but I do find it amusing that this forum can't enforce it's own borders and you complain yet don't care that your country can't and instead encourage it.
I find it amusing that you think you can compare an internet forum to a nation and a profie to a person's life.

I find it amusing you think I can't. It's not like, you know, just did, or anything like that.
Is that supposed to be witty or something? Because it isn't.
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »

Is that supposed to be witty or something? It isn't.

No. It's supposed to be an indisputable fact. It is.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 07:29:38 AM »

Hmm, I like Mack, most of the time, but I prefer his wife Bono Mack. She's alright for a Riverside Republican.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 08:01:47 AM »

I think it's hilarious how tea partiers can be so paranoid about big government but be completely comfortable with it being illegal to not carry proof of citizenship or legal residency any moment a police officer may suspect something of you. 

Tea partiers are fine with it, I presume, because they realize that this law will only apply to those people who look Mexican wear the same kind of shoes that illegal immigrants might wear.

Because of the (supposed) racial profiling restrictions, I presume this law will mostly be used to crack down on illegal immigrant behavior -- that is, day labor. And, of course, the people who hire them.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »

I think it's hilarious how tea partiers can be so paranoid about big government but be completely comfortable with it being illegal to not carry proof of citizenship or legal residency any moment a police officer may suspect something of you. 

Tea partiers are fine with it, I presume, because they realize that this law will only apply to those people who look Mexican wear the same kind of shoes that illegal immigrants might wear.

Because of the (supposed) racial profiling restrictions, I presume this law will mostly be used to crack down on illegal immigrant behavior -- that is, day labor. And, of course, the people who hire them.

Indeed, I saw an article to that effect on Day Labor.

It sounds like someone is gearing up to run against Bill Nelson.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »

Supporting the defense of the border doesn't equal love of big govt. Its actually a constitutional responsibility! And fezzy, I thought you were above the petty godwins law crap.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »

Hitler and Nazi comparisons just make one look stupid.

Only when they're thrown around with no reason.  Connie Mack's comparison makes perfect sense.  I take anything Holocaust related extremely seriously, but I can't find anything inappropriate about what he said.  It is reminiscent of the kinds of things Germany started implementing during that time and that's what we should be upset about.

Of course, she intentionally wants Hispanics to fear persecution that won't really happen.

BTW, does anybody else see the blatant hypocrisy here? The Democrats rail against using fear as a political tactic, yet everybody, including the President himself, is using fear here.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »

Supporting the defense of the border doesn't equal love of big govt. Its actually a constitutional responsibility! And fezzy, I thought you were above the petty godwins law crap.

This is not a defense of the border, it's a direct attempt to target Hispanic people in a way similar to what the Nazi's did in Germany.  Just because 90% of Nazi comparisons are unwarranted doesn't mean they always are.  It's a legitimate comparison.

Hitler and Nazi comparisons just make one look stupid.
Only when they're thrown around with no reason.  Connie Mack's comparison makes perfect sense.  I take anything Holocaust related extremely seriously, but I can't find anything inappropriate about what he said.  It is reminiscent of the kinds of things Germany started implementing during that time and that's what we should be upset about.
Of course, she intentionally wants Hispanics to fear persecution that won't really happen.

BTW, does anybody else see the blatant hypocrisy here? The Democrats rail against using fear as a political tactic, yet everybody, including the President himself, is using fear here.

Who is "she"?

Mack is a Republican.  So are Tom Tancredo, Marco Rubio, Lincoln Diaz-Barlart, Karl Rove, Jeb Bush, Joe Scarborough, Lindsey Graham, and Meghan McCain who all oppose the law as well.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »

TOM TANCREDO of all people came out against the law? WOW WOW WOW.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »

Shocked

Why?? It didn't go far enough and allow on the spot deportation?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »

Arpaio doesn't look like a Nazi, but that Brewer person does.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies