Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:33:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!  (Read 30241 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »

The Senate didn't act on this, so now I make it a pledge to introduce it if elected. Tongue

I have a proposition for the Senate... an annual day of National Celebration on the anniversary of Phil ceasing to be President. It could be called 'Keystone Shill' day.

If the Senate doesn't take up this task I shall make it a campaign pledge.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »

The Senate didn't act on this, so now I make it a pledge to introduce it if elected. Tongue

I have a proposition for the Senate... an annual day of National Celebration on the anniversary of Phil ceasing to be President. It could be called 'Keystone Shill' day.

If the Senate doesn't take up this task I shall make it a campaign pledge.
What will this do for Atlasia, besides make some people bitter and angry? I think this could set an extremely bad predecent, if passed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2010, 06:27:23 PM »

Come now, it's all in good fun. Besides, it's not like Phil did much or was that much of an accomplished figure. He did absolutely nothing. Plus, I passed a bill to fix something titled the "Xahar Complains Too Much Act" and that was harmless. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »

Come now, it's all in good fun. Besides, it's not like Phil did much or was that much of an accomplished figure. He did absolutely nothing. Plus, I passed a bill to fix something titled the "Xahar Complains Too Much Act" and that was harmless. Tongue
At least that bill had a usefull meaning. It had something to do with your introduction thread, didn't it?

This bill would really serve no purpose. While it could all be in fun, it could get people thinking "Hey, I think I'll introduce a silly bill poking fun at another member too!"

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2010, 08:20:54 PM »

On that note, I will not have a policy proposal for this week. My mind has been numbed by my finals and my time will continue to be limited until Saturday or Sunday night. Many thanks to my running mate for pulling double duty.

I have small additions to each of the above policies:

On defending employment, the goal is to create a system in which the government helps provide a floor under falling employment to curb sharp decreases. By keeping people in work we will be actively avoiding a significant drop in private spending, which would otherwise produce further losses of revenue and a deeper recession. Such a policy will be multi-faceted, targeting both large employers and small businesses to keep our engine of innovation churning.

On question time, I think the biggest missing element is a distinct rival to rebut the President and provide an alternative view. The opportunity should be more of a debate, rather than a Q&A. I would like to find a way to change that, possibly by inviting citizen nominations for each month's "questioner" to promote greater engagement.

Perhaps each party in congress without a President or VP (pop and RPP) can select one of their own to be the "leader of the opposition".

That idea (and those related to it) involve coordination among parties. While I would not object if parties chose to organize themselves in such a way, my idea doesn't rely on them doing so.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »

I considered suggesting that it be a party-leaders or vice-leaders affair, but I worried that it would restrict the process a bit, and that the party leaders wouldn't be interested as much as others would be.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »

On that note, I will not have a policy proposal for this week. My mind has been numbed by my finals and my time will continue to be limited until Saturday or Sunday night. Many thanks to my running mate for pulling double duty.

On defending employment, the goal is to create a system in which the government helps provide a floor under falling employment to curb sharp decreases. By keeping people in work we will be actively avoiding a significant drop in private spending, which would otherwise produce further losses of revenue and a deeper recession. Such a policy will be multi-faceted, targeting both large employers and small businesses to keep our engine of innovation churning.

On question time, I think the biggest missing element is a distinct rival to rebut the President and provide an alternative view. The opportunity should be more of a debate, rather than a Q&A. I would like to find a way to change that, possibly by inviting citizen nominations for each month's "questioner" to promote greater engagement.

Perhaps each party in congress without a President or VP (pop and RPP) can select one of their own to be the "leader of the opposition".
Smid is in the RPP, unless something happened that I  don't know about. So it would be the Pop and the JCP.

Yes Smid is still in the RPP, and we have nothing but love and support for our resident Australian. Smiley

I was referring to after Purple State's coronation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2010, 11:23:22 PM »

Smid is in the RPP, unless something happened that I  don't know about. So it would be the Pop and the JCP.

Yes Smid is still in the RPP, and we have nothing but love and support for our resident Australian. Smiley

Let's take this one day at a time. It ain't over until the final SoFE certification.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »

Let's take this one day at a time. It ain't over until the final SoFE certification.

Have I angered you o'amazing one?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »

You better watch yourself Vepres. People have been punished for less insulting posts than that. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2010, 07:07:18 PM »

You better watch yourself Vepres. People have been punished for less insulting posts than that. Tongue

Can you appoint Vepres to the cabinet if you win?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2010, 01:11:23 AM »

Have I angered you o'amazing one?

Funny how Marokai was the one that responded to that name. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2010, 01:25:21 AM »

Debate the Candidate!: Nominations

As a way to open the process and promote engagement, I would like to announce the "Debate the Candidate!" series, a way to spice things up a bit by giving the citizens of Atlasia to pick someone to debate me on the topic of your choice.

Here's how it works: Nominations will be open for 48 hours, during which time anyone may nominate themselves or anyone else and a topic. At the end of the nomination period, anyone who has received and accepted a nomination (it counts if you nominate yourself) will be added to a ballot, along with a list of topics, that will be open for 48 hours. The winning individual will get to debate me (Opening, Cross-exam, Second statement, Cross-exam, Closing) on any of the top three vote-getting topics.

With that, nominations are now open and will close Wednesday morning! (Note: I will be on leave Wednesday and Thursday for a holiday, so Marokai will open the vote after the nominating period is over.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2010, 10:50:36 PM »

Well, I would have opened that voting booth, but people decided not to hop on the opportunity.. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »

Well that is pretty depressing. Maybe it was just the holiday and all that. Really, I will debate any person on any topic.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »

We're currently debating a little policy issue we're disagree a tad on. Once, if ever, that issue is dealt with, that policy will be posted. Hence the delay. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2010, 01:07:38 AM »

I'll just blame the delay on the holiday. I had predicted this and so was hoping to have a debate instead, kinda as a way to have a substantive discussion with a flexible clock, rather than a deadline. It would also provide an opportunity to flesh out some of our views more clearly.

Would anyone like to debate me on the topic of your choice?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2010, 01:19:26 AM »

I'd like to debate you on why you say you like active government and citizenry, yet you pick for VP some who banned an active guy from office-holding and voting.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2010, 02:23:47 AM »

Alright, turns out the proposal that we are working on will be (much) bigger than initially expected. Look forward to the biggest announcement yet next Thursday.

As a teaser, the current codename is "The Genesis Project"* or TGP.
*Note: Marokai says I should thank Star Trek for the name.

Stay tuned.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2010, 02:25:29 AM »

I'd like to debate you on why you say you like active government and citizenry, yet you pick for VP some who banned an active guy from office-holding and voting.

Criminal laws in Atlasia were established to promote active government and citizenry and to prevent rogue actors from impinging on the freedom of others to get involved. You broke a law, thus you were punished for the betterment of the game as a whole. When your sentence's term has expired, you will once again be able to fully contribute to the game. Until then, great banner! Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »

Alright, turns out the proposal that we are working on will be (much) bigger than initially expected. Look forward to the biggest announcement yet next Thursday.

As a teaser, the current codename is "The Genesis Project"* or TGP.
*Note: Marokai says I should thank Star Trek for the name.

Stay tuned.

I just realized what truly annoying work this is turning out to be, too. Tongue

Persistence!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=117498.0

That is a link to mine and Marokai's latest project. Please provide your input, as it is our biggest proposal yet.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2010, 02:56:59 PM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

Statement.

We're confronted in this election with an interesting choice, and it's one that shouldn't be taken lightly. Atlasia faces serious issues, and we should elect a serious ticket to deal with them or at least to attempt to make progress on the systemic issues that plague us. (Even if some out there cringe for whatever reason at the word "serious" I certainly don't.)

I joined Atlasia in December '08. I led the SDP. I became Attorney General. I merged with the JCP growing it to the largest and most powerful left-wing party. I was one of the more active members of the Constitutional Convention. I was elected Senator and served with my greatest amount of activity in dedication as I could muster. I debated in threads that went on to become pages upon pages, some over twenty pages long, and eventually I became PPT. I managed to pass 15 of my bills, proposed many others, and tirelessly worked to improve others. Later, I became a Supreme Court Justice, as I still am, and I work hard to maintain my impartiality and work ethic on the court.

I tell you all this not to bore you, but to give you a sense of what I'm like. I've been in Atlasia for a year and ahalf now, and most of this takes place in the last year alone. Purple State has been similarly accomplished. Working on the regional level to improve the Mideast, presiding over the ConCon becoming a Senator, and his biggest accomplishment, revitalizing the Game Moderator position and becoming involved in many efforts to improve the activity of regions.

We have spent our comparatively short time in Atlasia doing a ton of work, being as productive as we possibly can and participating in all that we can. We give our ideas the most of thought and explain them as comprehensively as possible.

Don't vote for us or against us based on personal reasons. We're not running for Prom King & Queen, and I don't want this campaign to became a race like that. Vote for us if you think our ideas are good. Vote against us if you think we have bad ideas, but tell us how, we love to hear! Vote for us if you think we're active and productive. Vote against us if you think otherwise. But above all, vote for us or against us for a tangible reason.

When you vote after this campaign, all I ask is that you stop for a moment and consider who you're voting for. Is the ticket you're supporting historically active? Is the ticket you're supporting campaigning on a set of several ideas and a vision for the future? Does the ticket you're supporting have a reliable track record of implementing their ideas or at least fighting for them?

If the answer is no to one of those questions, maybe you should reconsider your support. All I ask is that you give serious mature thought to which ticket you're supporting. The choice is quite clear, it is a simple matter of record.

Vote PS/MB.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »

Will you appoint Vepres to the cabinet?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »