Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:42:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!  (Read 30202 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 09:55:49 AM »

Good news Smiley I wish you both the best of luck. If something stirs, if you think you can seize the moment and make a difference then you should. I can't say anymore as I've not yet thought about what I'll be doing (depends on a few real life issues) come the next race.

Your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

I also want to thank everyone else who has provided positive comments so far. I look forward to working with all of you in the coming months. Smiley

You had me until the running mate, sorry.

While I know people may disagree with my running mate, I think you would be hard-pressed to find a more active and hard-working person in this game than Marokai. This ticket won't be about hyperpartisanship, but about hyperactivity. I hope that is something you can eventually get behind.

As a member of the current administration it wouldn't be appropriate for me to comment much, though this certainly wouldn't be a bad ticket. I do, however, have some concerns; essentially, I'm not sure if it's appropriate for either of you to run for partisan office while remaining in your current - politically sensitive - posts. It is true that there's form for this sort of thing, but that was actually highly controversial. I'm not suggesting that you both resign immediately, but I do think that a timeframe of some kind would be advisible.

I will continue to serve as GM in as non-partisan a manner as possible (as I always do). If the President believes that the campaign is interfering with my ability to do my job as GM, I will understand if he replaces me.

As for Marokai, I agree and there are currently discussions underway to create clear and public guidelines for his recusal from cases that may be of relevance to the campaign.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »

Happily Endorsed Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »

Must say I have one key complain as a partisian hack. Why JCP, which is regaining a key position, is accepting a role of junior partner to party which get their asses badly beaten last election, was kicked out of Northeast and is not in good condition at large?

If some should be V.P. nominee, that should be DA-er. JCP-er should led the ticket. As much as I respect Purple State, that's weird.

And are unity ticket working at all? Just don't start with Afletisch/Smid, they were insurgent against their own parties. Bgwah/Meeker and Lief/BC were able to win on all-JCP ticket. BC/HW was a fiasco.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2010, 02:50:18 PM by Хahar »

Must say I have one key complain as a partisian hack. Why JCP, which is regaining a key position, is accepting a role of junior partner to party which get their asses badly beaten last election, was kicked out of Northeast and is not in good condition at large?

If some should be V.P. nominee, that should be DA-er. JCP-er should led the ticket. As much as I respect Purple State, that's weird.

And are unity ticket working at all? Just don't start with Afletisch/Smid, they were insurgent against their own parties. Bgwah/Meeker and Lief/BC were able to win on all-JCP ticket. BC/HW was a fiasco.

This is true. The machine ought to be able to push whomever it wants on the voters.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »

I will admit that I struggled with this and so did some other JCPers, but this ticket isn't about party, it's a statement that the JCP isn't obsessed with power as some people think we are, and a recognition on my part that activity, intelligence, dedication, should not be bound by party affiliation. I believe Purple State and I can be a force for good in office, and an effective left-wing ticket for that matter, and that's really what matters, to me.

Also, Meeker was once part of the RPP. When Bgwah and Meeker first ran for office, it was a unity ticket.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 01:01:46 PM »

I will admit that I struggled with this and so did some other JCPers, but this ticket isn't about party, it's a statement that the JCP isn't obsessed with power as some people think we are, and a recognition on my part that activity, intelligence, dedication, should not be bound by party affiliation. I believe Purple State and I can be a force for good in office, and an effective left-wing ticket for that matter, and that's really what matters, to me.

Also, Meeker was once part of the RPP. When Bgwah and Meeker first ran for office, it was a unity ticket.

Ok, it's not about I have any issues about Purple State or you politically. But I don't want situation from last election to repeat.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »

I don't think we will repeat those mistakes. PS and I are extremely active and hardworking individuals in Atlasia. The BK/HW ticket was a good ticket, but got off to an iffy start to say the least. Don't worry, Kal, this isn't a ticket of unity for the sake of unity, not to suggest the others were, but a ticket of two extraordinarily qualified individuals that happened to be of different parties. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »

I don't think we will repeat those mistakes. PS and I are extremely active and hardworking individuals in Atlasia. The BK/HW ticket was a good ticket, but got off to an iffy start to say the least. Don't worry, Kal, this isn't a ticket of unity for the sake of unity, not to suggest the others were, but a ticket of two extraordinarily qualified individuals that happened to be of different parties. Smiley

Ok, you have my vote anyway Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »

So a vote for one of my favorite Atlasians is also a vote for Marokai. Oh, why must I suffer so! Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »

I guess the picture will become clearer when we find out whether Aflietch and Smid are going to run for reelection. I have no doubt you two will be active executives though.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 01:47:53 PM »

So a vote for one of my favorite Atlasians is also a vote for Marokai. Oh, why must I suffer so! Wink

Vepres, you know my favorite thing in the world is to torture you. Tongue

Just to echo this, I don't want this race to be about party politics or petty personalities. Marokai and I are running on our combined experience, our past accomplishments and, most importantly, our activity.

If you want an executive that will follow and respond to the issues of the day, take a role in policy and put forth a solid agenda, this is your ticket.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 03:07:29 PM »

I do not necessarily doubt your ability to be non-partisan while handling much of the news, but I would certainly feel much more comfortable with someone else taking over the helm as GM during the campaign. Or, at the very least, a hiatus from posting in your GM capacities during the final weeks.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 03:49:19 PM »

Good to know that you at least support one DA candidate once in a blue moon.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 03:56:20 PM »

Shoot him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »

FWIW, this is one JCPer whose fine with Purple State at the head of a unity ticket. It's about the person rather than the party, and PS will be a great president regardless of what banner he campaigns under.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 03:58:56 PM »

I do not necessarily doubt your ability to be non-partisan while handling much of the news, but I would certainly feel much more comfortable with someone else taking over the helm as GM during the campaign. Or, at the very least, a hiatus from posting in your GM capacities during the final weeks.

I don't think this will bias his duties as GM anymore than simply holding political positions already do, and no one cares about that, do they? Atlasia is a game and impartiality is, really impossible. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but people need to be a little more fair about things. Purple State and I have been planning this for some time now, and I haven't seen any change in his reporting.

FWIW, this is one JCPer whose fine with Purple State at the head of a unity ticket. It's about the person rather than the party, and PS will be a great president regardless of what banner he campaigns under.

Smiley
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »

Definitely Interesting. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »

If you don't want him anymore, we will gladly take him back. Tongue After all you were the repository for many of our members who felt unwelcomed in previous situations. However such recovery of lost membership would be highly selective. Tongue Evil
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »

If you don't want him anymore, we will gladly take him back. Tongue After all you were the repository for many of our members who felt unwelcomed in previous situations. However such recovery of lost membership would be highly selective. Tongue Evil

Let the leaders of two parties currently in craphole bitching fest begin!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »

Let the leaders of two parties currently in craphole bitching fest begin!

We are in a crap hole? Our guy just got the most first preferences votes when he was considered the weakest incumbent running with a good chance of losing. Dream on Kal. What am I worried about, the more these fools say this the more powerful I get?

I don't want to argue with Hashy, I haven't the time nor do I see the profit. I was making a sarcastic joke.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »

Next person to call me Hashy should get virtual-punched.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 05:31:14 PM »

Oh, I forgot you don't like to be called Hashy.

Grabs machine gun and opens fire premptively.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 05:44:25 PM »

See I told you that someday you might be on a national ticket Marokai.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »

See I told you that someday you might be on a national ticket Marokai.

And won't you vote for me? Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 05:46:50 PM »

Oh, chill out. I'm called kaljew like 5 times per day and I never cared Tongue

Oh, now you got virtually punched.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies