Sorry, never mind!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:15:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sorry, never mind!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sorry, never mind!  (Read 1033 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:30 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2010, 09:30:48 PM by A.G. Barnes »

The position of Secretary of Forum Affairs has been broken up into two different positions, and thus, does not exist any longer. However, The Secretary of Federal Elections, the new position dealing with elections, is vacant.

But, the President can appoint a Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, I suggest Franzl, to act in the position. The DSoFA does not need to be confirmed by the Senate.

I'm pretty sure if action isn't taken on this, the entire election could be invalid.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »

lol.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »

Good work Barnes!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »

Yea its a good thing you caught this before the vote, but could you have possibly of thunk it earlier? Tongue
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »

Yea its a good thing you caught this before the vote, but could you have possibly of thunk it earlier? Tongue

It's not like the last election was managed any better. The President should have been aware of what he was signing.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »

I know, I know.

However, someone needs to hurry up on this before I have to defend in it Court! Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »

It's not like the last election was managed any better. The President should have been aware of what he was signing.

This President? Hah.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »

This President? Hah.

Why shouldn't he have to take responsibility for the laws he is bound to carry out?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »

This President? Hah.

Why shouldn't he have to take responsibility for the laws he is bound to carry out?

You misunderstood what he said.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »

This President? Hah.

Oh, I wouldn't have thought Marokai to disrespect the president in a manner unforeseen from a Supreme Court Justice, however, that is not something I wish to place judgment on.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »

Relax, folks, there is no emergency.

Barnes, I think you missed this part:

Section 6: Miscellaneous and Transitional Provisions
1. The Secretary of Forum Affairs in office upon passage of this Act shall be appointed as either Secretary of Federal Elections or Registrar General as determined by the President without recourse to a Senate confirmation.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »

This President? Hah.

Oh, I wouldn't have thought Marokai to disrespect the president in a manner unforeseen from a Supreme Court Justice, however, that is not something I wish to place judgment on.

Yes, Supreme Court Justices are not allowed to have opinions. Foolish me.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 09:27:24 PM »

Relax, folks, there is no emergency.

Barnes, I think you missed this part:

Section 6: Miscellaneous and Transitional Provisions
1. The Secretary of Forum Affairs in office upon passage of this Act shall be appointed as either Secretary of Federal Elections or Registrar General as determined by the President without recourse to a Senate confirmation.

Oh, ok. Thanks, Fritz! Sorry about the panic, everyone! Wink
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 09:27:39 PM »

This President? Hah.

Usually it isn't a snarky and sarcastic comment, more of "I respectfully disagree with this decision", at least from someone who is supposed to be a figure of authority.

Also, in this instance, it appears this President has managed the election better than the one previous. Good work. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 09:30:06 PM »

This President? Hah.

Usually it isn't a snarky and sarcastic comment, more of "I respectfully disagree with this decision", at least from someone who is supposed to be a figure of authority.

You obviously don't pay much attention to comments from SC Justices. One of Spade's comments on me when I first got to the Senate comes to mind. We have opinions. We comment. We vote. Stop being so overly-sensitive and dead-set on trying to stir something up. If I do my job badly, get back to me.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 09:30:56 PM »

No formatting in thread titles.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp