Personal Atlasia 2008 (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:34:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Personal Atlasia 2008 (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Personal Atlasia 2008 (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 1911 times)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »
« edited: April 21, 2010, 10:23:18 PM by electoraljew2 »

I have decided to moderate the Alt. You will play as yourselves, as what your positions were throughout the 2008 election. The events (recession, ect.) will follow real life. I will decide all the endorsements. Polling will be released every four days, you may request for state polling on the sign-up thread. Begins January 1st, 2007

Democrats
Justin Watt- justW353
Reggie Harrington- Barnes
Craig Michaelson- Eleden

Republicans
Jake White- yougo1000
Morgan Freeman- A-bob
Adlai Robinson- Tmthforu94

Independents
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:16:23 PM »

[I will edit this post into gameplay]

When is this beginning?  As in what month of what year?  As this is the gameplay thread, just edit the answer into the first post.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »

[I will edit this post into gameplay]

When is this beginning?  As in what month of what year?  As this is the gameplay thread, just edit the answer into the first post.

January 1st, 2007
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »

Senator Jake White announces a run for President

"American can be changed..."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »

On "Meet the Press", Senator Adlai Robinson addresses whether or not he'll run for President...

For now, it's a maybe. I'd have to see how much support I had, and I'd have to pray about it. I'm not going to run for President if I don't think I can offer something great to the job. It'll take a lot of thinking and prayer before I reach a decision.
- Senator Adlai Robinson
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:24:35 PM »

Senator Harrington establishes an exploratory committee to run for President. He has not yet decided whether or not he will actually run.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »

Governor Freeman talks to potential supporters in Iowa and New Hampshire, testing the waters.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 09:10:35 PM »

Senator Salvatore on the today show said he is forming exploratory committee to run for President. He will make a final decision before the end of Summer of 2007.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »

Senator Watt appears on Meet the Press.  The main topic of the discussion was supposed to be the Senator's work with Senator Ted Kennedy to establish a universal health care system, but discussion quickly turned to the 2008 election.

Russert:  Senator, we have a few minutes left, and I'd like to ask you about the 2008 election.

Watt:  Oh no!  I knew this was coming, Tim!

Russert:  Well, Senator, you're a young man.  You are...38?

Watt:  I am.  I mean, I'm still very young.  I don't need to rush into a decision like that.

Russert:  You would be one of the youngest people to seek the office.  So, are you ruling it out?

Watt:  I don't know how anyone could rule something like that out.  I mean, right now I'm focused on my work in the Senate.  I'm going to speak to Senator Kennedy and Governor Kerry, and then I'll make a decision.  However, as of right now, I am not running.  That is subject to change.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 10:02:50 PM »

A week later, Senator Watt, after being introduced by Ted Kennedy, speaks at the Old State Capitol in Boston (excerpts)Sad

I am here in Boston today.  In this great American city, the place where the seeds of Revolution were planted more than 200 years ago, I once again call for all Americans to take on a new challenge.  We live in a defining era.  This is a crucial moment in our history.  We cannot fail.  With your support, we will not fail.

---

I am greatly humbled by the support I see before me today.  However, I know that deep inside, you are not here for me.  You are here because you know what this country can be; what you want this country to be.  In these times of hardship and war, you believe there can be prosperity and peace.  In times of despair, you believe there can be hope.  I know that the obstacles we face are great and numerous.  I know we will face a great deal of hardship.  However, I am confident in the will of the people of this nation.  I am confident that America is the nation that can conquer these challenges.  I know we can do this, and we will do this.

---

It is time.  I ask you to join me in this fight for justice and equality for all people.  I ask you to join me in this fight for our schools and children.  I ask you to look to the future with me, and together we will guide this nation to brighter and better days. 
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:15:39 AM »

[bump]
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 06:22:21 PM »

January Polling

Democrats
Watt 56%
Not Sure 44%

Republicans
White 47%
Not Sure 53%

No State Poll Requests

Endorsements

Justin Watt
Ted Kennedy
Caroline Kennedy
Ben Nelson
Barack Obama
Charles Schumner

Jake White
Charlie Crist
Tim Pawlenty
Mark Kirk
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »

Governor Freeman launches bid for Presidency in Detroit

I grew up here in Detroit. I came from a challenged family, and made a life. I made a life and a promise, a promise not to leave anyone behind and that is what I intend to do as President. I want to see a strong educational foundation for a America, I want to see Detroit’s dropout rate to go from 50% which we drastically brought down as I served as Mayor and Governor to 0%. People may think this is unrealistic, that it's not possible so they move on, but I believe it is. I believe we can build a strong foundation for every child in America, no matter how dark a place they live in. We can and we will do this.

We must fight for strong families, too many people I have seen that had tragic stories to tell because there was no mother and father to raise their child. We need to work to prevent premature pregnancies so we don't even have to weigh an option of abortion. We have to create sustainable jobs so these families can provide for their children. We have to give a hand-up to those in need, a push to get up straight, not a hand-out. We need to reform welfare as I have done as Governor to create a one ending solution: if you can work, then we will help you with job training, with education, with finding a job, and you will be off welfare. That’s a hand-up, that’s the point of government. The point of government is to promote the general welfare not provide for it.

We must move to be an energy independent nation. Currently only 20% of our energy comes from nuclear power, I in ten years I will make sure construction is underway or complete so we will be able to have 30% of our energy come from nuclear. We must do extensive research and development to better use alternative energies, to improve them and find new ones we have not looked at our we did not deem as possible, until now.

We must create a 21st century infrastructure. One of government’s top priorities should be infrastructure. Infrastructure drives the American economy, and that’s one way government can help. An increase of trade is what this country needs, accessibility to health care in other states, to businesses in a neighboring region to just a road-trip for a family vacation is what we can accomplish with this. We must promote a sustainable and real mass transit system the public will want to use. We can create light rails all around the country that will reduce pollution drastically when cars start getting off the road, not to mention traffic.
We must work to make health care available to anyone that wants it. We must open state borders which could immediately cover 13 million Americans. We must allow the importation of medical drugs from other states and other countries to open up the free market and lower costs here at home. We must computerize health records which will make hospitals more efficient, and make the diagnose right the first time. We must allow health care to be tax deductible and open up tax free savings accounts so families can save up for their children’s well being. Together government and help bring access to millions of uninsured Americans without government mandates and takeover.

The journey will be long, but together we can change this nation for the better. Together we can secure our borders, protect our nation, reform education, welfare, health care, together we can bring a better America to our children, together we can open up the job market and unleash our energy economy, together we can be a better America. The road is long, but I know we can win which is why today, I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States!

yougo1000
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »

Jake White travels to California to greet supporters.

'We need a new promise in America..."
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »

Jake white meets with Massachusetts voters.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »

Senator Robinson holds a rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana to make the following announcment...

For the past several years, it hasn't been clear to the voters which party is the conservative party. America didn’t stop being conservative, they felt like the Republican Party stopped being conservative. To too many voters, too many folks believed that both parties wanted to increase the size of government. Many folks believed both parties wanted to increase spending, wanted to drive our country into debt. Many folks didn’t think there was much of a difference between the parties on taxes. And my friends, those folks are right. It's high time that the Republican party becomes a party of big ideas, not big government. And my friends, we need a leader strong enough to be able to convey that message to the American people during the General election. My friends, I believe that I am that leader, and that is why I am pleased to announce that I will seek the 2008 Republican nomination for President of the United State of America! Together, we can achieve greatness. Thank you, God Bless you all, and God Bless America!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies