Was the Oklahoma City bombing an act of religiously motivated terrorism?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:31:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Was the Oklahoma City bombing an act of religiously motivated terrorism?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Was the Oklahoma City bombing an act of religiously motivated terrorism?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Was the Oklahoma City bombing an act of religiously motivated terrorism?  (Read 2826 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:01:14 AM »

No of course not.

I've never understood why anyone who seriously consider a bombing by an agnostic that was not in any way motivated by religion as an example...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:03:59 AM »

No of course not.

I've never understood why anyone who seriously consider a bombing by an agnostic that was not in any way motivated by religion as an example...

Who said religion had anything to do with it?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »

Who said religion had anything to do with it?
link
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:16:29 AM »

Ok, I don't think Xahar mean it like that....he was just pointing out not just Muslims blow up sh**t, but in typical BRTD fashion we need to make a new thread.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »

No.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »

No. I don't know who all the players were, and we never will because the only guy who could possibly tell us who else was involved was executed as fast as possible. I don't trust the official story, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with religion.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

Not that I know of.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »

No, but when President Clinton called then-Governor Frank Keating to offer condolences and federal support, he said some pretty chilling stuff to Keating.  I will paraphrase, but he said he hoped it wasn't Middle Eastern radicals (this was before Tim McVeigh was arrested) and told Gov. Keating that he was worried that this may not be the end of it.  It was the end of the domestic terrorism spree, but President Clinton's fears came true just 77 months later on September 11, 2001.  He was worried that even if it wasn't Islamic fundamentalists, that they would take note and wait until we were about to recover from it and then boom, there goes the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 01:26:09 AM »

No, but when President Clinton called then-Governor Frank Keating to offer condolences and federal support, he said some pretty chilling stuff to Keating.  I will paraphrase, but he said he hoped it wasn't Middle Eastern radicals (this was before Tim McVeigh was arrested) and told Gov. Keating that he was worried that this may not be the end of it.  It was the end of the domestic terrorism spree, but President Clinton's fears came true just 77 months later on September 11, 2001.  He was worried that even if it wasn't Islamic fundamentalists, that they would take note and wait until we were about to recover from it and then boom, there goes the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

I am unaware of a domestic terrorism spree. The WTC bombing occurred in 1993 so it is not like anyone was doing anything new.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 09:14:50 AM »

It's a shame he didn't do sh**t about it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »

no of course not, everyone knows it was motivated by a hatred of multi-trillion-dollar deficit spending  e_e
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »

No, but he was financially backed by Islamists. How did some yokel afford the explosives, etc?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »

http://dir.salon.com/news/feature/2002/12/02/mcveigh/index.html
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »

No it wasn't and anybody who thinks it was is seriously misinformed on the matter.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »

no it was in response to Waco and is why it happened on the 2 year anniversary
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »

How did some yokel afford the explosives, etc?

He created it by buying and stealing what he needed.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »

He got it from ppl he met with in the Philistines during the summer after the Waco bombing. Actually, Muhammad Atta and Hussein Al Husseini were there at the same time. McVeigh also had a pocket full of phone numbers from Iraq when he was arrested.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 12:15:00 AM »

No, but he was financially backed by Islamists. How did some yokel afford the explosives, etc?

He was financially backed by Islamists and the Clinton administration covered it up. The ppl who were going to testify against the FBI were all dead before the testimonies were to take place in court. 2 died in plane crashes and 2 died in car crashes (supposedly). Why Bush didn't investigate this I will never know.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »

It was home-grown right wing terrorism. Just like this guys who killed two police officers in West Memphis last week. These anti-government nutjobs are just as big a threat as Islamic terrorists.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 11:59:29 AM »

It was home-grown right wing terrorism. Just like this guys who killed two police officers in West Memphis last week. These anti-government nutjobs are just as big a threat as Islamic terrorists.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »

Home grown? Yes he was influenced by the Davidian cult, but his stay in the Phillipines also put things in place.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 09:45:33 PM »

He was financially backed by Islamists and the Clinton administration covered it up. The ppl who were going to testify against the FBI were all dead before the testimonies were to take place in court. 2 died in plane crashes and 2 died in car crashes (supposedly). Why Bush didn't investigate this I will never know.

Using your theory, if the Clinton administration did indeed cover up the Islamist backing of the OKC Bombing, then that was the door that the Islamist Terrorists walked in and started planning 9/11.

I'm not going to necessarily discount that Islamic terrorists were involved in anyway with OKC, but I'm suspicious of their involvement mainly because of the relative obscurity of Oklahoma, especially being in the shadow of the bigger animal, Dallas.  It is plausible, though.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:05:15 PM »

Using your theory, if the Clinton administration did indeed cover up the Islamist backing of the OKC Bombing, then that was the door that the Islamist Terrorists walked in and started planning 9/11.

I'm not going to necessarily discount that Islamic terrorists were involved in anyway with OKC, but I'm suspicious of their involvement mainly because of the relative obscurity of Oklahoma, especially being in the shadow of the bigger animal, Dallas.  It is plausible, though.

Yes that's a good point but what would be bigger than the Murrah building in terms of significance in Dallas?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:31 PM »

Yes that's a good point but what would be bigger than the Murrah building in terms of significance in Dallas?

I don't know, maybe DFW Airport or even Dallas Love Field?  McVeigh was angry at the government so those are the big government establishments in the Metroplex
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 10:53:37 PM »

I bet something was being hidden in Oklahoma City. Something bigger was going on.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies