October 28 schedule for both candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:23:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  October 28 schedule for both candidates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October 28 schedule for both candidates  (Read 866 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2004, 09:07:23 AM »

PRESIDENT BUSH: Saginaw, MI; Dayton, OH; Westlake, OH; Yardley, PA

SEN. KERRY: Madison, WI (with Bruce Springsteen); Columbus, OH (with Bruce Springsteen); Toledo, OH

VICE PRESIDENT CHENEY: Schofield, WI; International Falls, MN; Sioux City, IA

SEN. EDWARDS: Duluth, MN; Indianola, IA (with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jon Bon Jovi); Davenport, IA

Also, an interesting little sentence as pointed out by the NRO's Kerry Spot in this Michigan article:

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/business/index.ssf?/base/politics-0/1098923651324481.xml&storylist=mibusiness

"(Kerry's Michigan campaign director) Donnie Fowler said Kerry would campaign in Detroit on Sunday or Monday."

Remember what I said earlier about Kerry campaigning in Michigan in the last three days of the campaign...
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 09:51:30 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2004, 09:55:33 AM by goldwatermiller »

Oh no, Edwards and Leo! 
Boy, if this was the 80's then maybe Springsteen and Bon Jovi would help.  Springsteen has been down hill since Lucky Town and Human Touch.  And that was like 15 years ago.
I am 27 and no one I know is into any of the above "celebrities."  In fact, I would say this time next year that
Leo, Edwards, Kerry, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi sound like the cast for Celebrity Mole 2005 or WB's Surreal Life.   Maybe Hammer and the two Coreys are available. 
And they must really be worried about Iowa and Michigan.   
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 10:09:24 AM »

Kerry is campaigning furiously in Michigan, and will be spending time in Detroit.

As I've said, the time is now arriving when the left wing of the Democratic party can no longer assume that the black vote is 90+% in their pocket, and still support a failed Great Society approach toward helping the worst inner city neighborhoods.

Black families support our troops (a disproportionate number of whom are their sons). Domestically, they support Bush programs such as No Child Left Behind.

Blacks will go for Bush 20% (+ or - 2%), and could well deliver MI, PA, OH, and NJ.

I don't think there's much Springsteen or Bon Jovi can do about that.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 10:17:55 AM »

Kerry in Michigan is indeed interesting.

My "candidate truth-o-meter" has always been that the Candidates go to two places in the dying days of a campaign:

States they are tied/a small amount ahead in, but just absolutely have to win

States that are very close they think they can pick off from the other guy.

ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 10:55:41 AM »

Bush is split.

Kerry is mostly on offense.

Cheney is on the offense while Edwards defends.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 04:22:23 PM »

More schedule info as fast I can find it:

From NRO's Battlegrounders:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

PENNSYLVANIA: SCHEDULE [Chris Lilik 10/28 05:09 PM]

According to a source with the Bush campaign, President George W. Bush will be in western Pa.'s greater Allegheny County area Monday. Bush will either attend a rally in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) or its neighbor to the east, Westmoreland County.

Tomorrow at 5PM Vice President Dick Cheney will be in Williamsport at the Williamsport Regional Airport (Lycoming County.)

Also from NRO's Kerry Spot (via The Hotline), this is what we have of the final 5 days so far:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

Bush: 10/29: Mnchstr, NH (with Schilling) Columbus, Toledo, OH (vith Ah-nuld!); 10/30: GrndRpds, MI, Ashwbn, WI, Mnpls, MN; 10/31: Gainesville, Orlando, FL Cincy, OH; 11/1: Des Moines, IA

Cheney: 10/29: EauClair, WI; Lansing, MI; Mntrsvll, PA; 10/30: Jackson, MI; Zanesvll, OH; Dvnprt, IA; 10/31: Las Vegas, NV; Fort Dodge IA; 11/1: Reno, NV

Kerry: 10/29: Orlando, W. Palm Beach, Miami, FL; 10/30: Appleton, WI; 10/31: TBD 11/1: TBD

Edwards: 10/29: LaCrosse, WI; Muskegon, MI; Raleigh, NC; 10/30: Marietta, OH; 10/31: TBD 11/1: TBD
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 04:27:10 PM »

Westmoreland makes a lot of sense.  It invented the "southwest swing."  Bush 41 was in neighboring Cambria County either yesterday or today.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies