What percentage of atheists are like Einzige?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:41:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What percentage of atheists are like Einzige?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What percentage of atheists are like Einzige?
0-10%

10-20%

20-30%

30-40%

40-50%

50-60%

60-70%

70-80%

80-90%

90-100%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: What percentage of atheists are like Einzige?  (Read 2218 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:11:52 AM »

I'd say 10-20% from what I've seen.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »

I'm going to go 20-30.

edit-assuming "like Ziggy" means an annoying little whiney bitch that knows they are 100% right about everything and takes criticism very poorly
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:26:08 AM »

Based on my experience as someone who knows a huge proportion of Atheists, 0-10% seems most likely. Almost certainly not more than 10-20%.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 03:08:17 AM »

0-10%. I'm an Einzige Atheist.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:16:18 AM »

I suppose we must have interpreted it differently then. Considering that the person who made the topic is not exactly a fan of Einzige, I assumed that he meant it in the most negative sense possible, an assumption that dead0man shared.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:06:48 AM »

25%?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 09:13:07 AM »

I'm with PiT....... 0-10%
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 09:18:46 AM »

I doubt very many.  Atheists have no religion in their lives, it's not even relevant, they don't care.  Then there are the kinds of people that care way too much about something they can't change.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 09:23:44 AM »

I doubt very many.  Atheists have no religion in their lives, it's not even relevant, they don't care.  Then there are the kinds of people that care way too much about something they can't change.
I agree.
The vocal atheists are a very small minority, just like the altarboy raping priests are a very small minority in the Roman Catholic Church.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:10:35 AM »

edit-assuming "like Ziggy" means an annoying little whiney bitch

Better "an annoying little whiney bitch" than a murderer, like yourself.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »

From my experience, the Einzige/Dibble types have more a chance of being found by Christ than those who go to church yet distort the word of God in order to fit what they can stomach and what they can’t accept.

Rev 3:15-16 “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »

From my experience, the Einzige/Dibble types have more a chance of being found by Christ than those who go to church yet distort the word of God in order to fit what they can stomach and what they can’t accept.

Rev 3:15-16 “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”

Me?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »

That's not surprising. People who are bigoted like Einzige are more likely to switch over to another type of bigotry, the bigotry you hold. Meanwhile liberal Christians, who are not bigoted in any way, reject all bigotry.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »

Meanwhile liberal Christians, who are not bigoted in any way, reject all bigotry.

Hahahaha, you're such a sanctimonious tool.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »

That's not surprising. People who are bigoted like Einzige are more likely to switch over to another type of bigotry, the bigotry you hold. Meanwhile liberal Christians, who are not bigoted in any way, reject all bigotry.

I find it quite odd someone who calls himself a Christian would label someone following the New Testament a bigot.  You're playing a game (ignoring scripture) in which you have ZERO chance at winning:

2Thes 2:10 "They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness." 

This is yet ANOTHER passage stating that the rejection of truth is worse than not hearing it at all, for God is working against the mind of those who reject his word by allowing them to fall headlong into deception.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 06:18:10 PM »

I suppose we must have interpreted it differently then. Considering that the person who made the topic is not exactly a fan of Einzige, I assumed that he meant it in the most negative sense possible, an assumption that dead0man shared.

It is indeed an extremely negative comparison; I'm not sure why one would choose to self-identify as one anymore than one would choose to self-identify as a fan of Hitler.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »

I'm reasonably sure that Einzige is unique (har, har, har).
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »

sometimes liberal Christians can be bigoted against conservative Christians, unfortunately.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 03:54:15 AM »

Christianity is the ultimate bigotry.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 03:56:54 AM »

No it's not. Christianity is the anti-bigotry.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 08:44:49 AM »

No it's not. Christianity is the anti-bigotry.

Not the way it's practiced in this universe.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »

Well, I don't think I am, fwiw. Smiley
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 03:23:46 AM »

I'm willing to say about 10-20%, and I can safely say I know one of them.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 07:25:42 AM »

I find it quite odd someone who calls himself a Christian would label someone following the New Testament a bigot.  You're playing a game (ignoring scripture) in which you have ZERO chance at winning:

2Thes 2:10 "They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness." 

This is yet ANOTHER passage stating that the rejection of truth is worse than not hearing it at all, for God is working against the mind of those who reject his word by allowing them to fall headlong into deception.

So the Christian God must be sending me the delusion that he is an absolute asshole, which really reinforces the idea to me that he is an absolute asshole. Perhaps once I come back to the faith by deciding the Christian God is not a prick God will have decided to stop giving me the false impression that he is a prick.

God, what an asshole.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies