Republicans Finally Fight Back Today on 380 tons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Republicans Finally Fight Back Today on 380 tons
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans Finally Fight Back Today on 380 tons  (Read 7932 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 08:01:30 PM »

Inspectors say HMX.
It had IAEA seals.
All lost because of Bush's decision to invade Iraq.

Spin spin spin.

Spunout and flop flop floppppped! 

How did they move the explosives?  Did some Iraqi women hide it under thier burkas?

Why don't you answer the question?

How should I know?

Are you saying that the Earth doesn't exist because we don't know how it was created? This seems like a pretty silly argument.

Anyways, it was only 200 cubic meters.  A Titan trailer is about 100 cubic meters (130 cubic yards: http://trailer-bodybuilders.com/mag/trucks_new_trailers_debut/). So TWO of them would do the trick.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2004, 08:12:32 PM »

How should I know?

Are you saying that the Earth doesn't exist because we don't know how it was created? This seems like a pretty silly argument.

Anyways, it was only 200 cubic meters.  A Titan trailer is about 100 cubic meters (130 cubic yards: http://trailer-bodybuilders.com/mag/trucks_new_trailers_debut/). So TWO of them would do the trick.

You should know if you are being intellectually honest.  Kerry isn't, are you?

It is only is silly argument for people that don't really want the truth and want to spin, like hacks and trolls.

If you are claiming something was taken, you have that the was something to be taken first.  Prove it, or at least provide some circumstancial evidence.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2004, 08:17:57 PM »

How should I know?

It is only is silly argument for people that don't really want the truth and want to spin, like hacks and trolls.

If you are claiming something was taken, you have that the was something to be taken first.  Prove it, or at least provide some circumstancial evidence.

The explosives were there when our troops opened up those rooms. They're gone now. It really doesn't matter exactly how they disappeared. We left the area unsecured. We did not bother to guard the area until later. You are being 100% unreasonable in asking me exactly how they moved it. It is very easy for a crowd of America haters to move that in 20 days.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2004, 08:27:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The explosives were there when our troops opened up those rooms. They're gone now. It really doesn't matter exactly how they disappeared. We left the area unsecured. We did not bother to guard the area until later. You are being 100% unreasonable in asking me exactly how they moved it. It is very easy for a crowd of America haters to move that in 20 days.

I'm being 100% reasonable to ask the question.  They seem to have been gone before we showed up.

It is not very easy for any crowd to move 360 metric tons of material.  It's even harder when the roads for the 40 heavy trucks are filled with elements of the US Army.  Possibly, with enough planning, you could do this in rural NM, but not in the middle of a US Army operation.  This part of the story has been fishy from the start.

You are also confusing volume with weight.  A truck, even a trailer, cannot carry 180 metric tons in one load.  That is too much weight.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2004, 08:31:50 PM »

I'm being 100% reasonable to ask the question.  They seem to have been gone before we showed up.

It is not very easy for any crowd to move 360 metric tons of material.  It's even harder when the roads for the 40 heavy trucks are filled with elements of the US Army.  Possibly, with enough planning, you could do this in rural NM, but not in the middle of a US Army operation.  This part of the story has been fishy from the start.

You are also confusing volume with weight.  A truck, even a trailer, cannot carry 180 metric tons in one load.  That is too much weight.

Why 40 trucks? Why not larger trucks? We didn't have troops there for 20 days. Volume-wise it would work to do 2 truckloads with the right kind of truck. It's really only about 1 freight car. Not that big a deal.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 08:47:16 PM »

First, Answer my question.

Second, you are confusing volume with weight.  The average trailer holds 44,000 pounds, or @19.95 Metric tons.
http://experts.about.com/q/2220/1457114.htm

Even if there is space, it is too heavy to move.  It would take over 18 tractor trailer loads to move all of that.  Now, they are not going to successfully drive one accross the desert; an eighteen wheeler will be seen, especially since the roads are being used constantly by the Army.

This is the problem with the story; and it doesn't take into account the time that it would take to load the trucks.
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2004, 08:49:10 PM »

And, contrary to your statement, we DO NOT know that this stuff was there when the Army got there. The timeline is EXTREMELY murky.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2004, 08:51:40 PM »

Second, you are confusing volume with weight.  The average trailer holds 44,000 pounds, or @19.95 Metric tons.

Even if there is space, it is too heavy to move.  It would take over 18 tractor trailer loads to move all of that.  Now, they are not going to successfully drive one accross the desert; an eighteen wheeler will be seen, especially since the roads are being used constantly by the Army.

This is the problem with the story; and it doesn't take into account the time that it would take to load the trucks.

I don't know how they moved it. Lots of trucks? 1 or 2 railroad freight cars? All I know is that they disappeared on our watch.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2004, 08:52:24 PM »

And, contrary to your statement, we DO NOT know that this stuff was there when the Army got there. The timeline is EXTREMELY murky.

Read my post that srtarts with the title HMX.
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2004, 08:52:47 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2004, 08:58:35 PM by Bogart »

I don't know how they moved it. Lots of trucks? 1 or 2 railroad freight cars? All I know is that they disappeared on our watch.
But, you DON'T know that. You simply want to believe it. So a reporter's friend looks at some pictures and says, "Yeah, those seem to look like the bunkers we saw a year and a half ago." Excuse me if I'd like to see something a little more solid.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2004, 08:55:56 PM »

But, you DON'T know that. You simply want to believe it.

I don't want to believe anything. They disappeared on our watch. Get used to it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2004, 08:58:19 PM »

There is a slight problem with a freight car.  You nead a railroad and a locomotive to get the stuff anywhere.  While it is likely that there would be a spur there, the Air Force had pretty much destroyed the tracks and a locomotive would be kinda conspicuous.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2004, 09:01:08 PM »

I don't want to believe anything. They disappeared on our watch. Get used to it.

You've once again showed the intellectual dishonesty that makes you and your candidate, Kerry.   Prove that is happened on our watch.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2004, 09:05:34 PM »

You've once again showed the intellectual dishonesty that makes you and your candidate, Kerry.   Prove that is happened on our watch.

If you're investigating a theft, do you make the victim prove exactly how whatever was stolen, even though they weren't there?
khirkhib

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2004, 09:10:41 PM »

Believe he wants to believe that they stole the explosives.
Talk about faith based politics.

You want to believe that iraq had WMD.
You want to believe that Bush couldn't have prevented 9/11
You want to believe that Bush couldn't have caught OBL
You want to believe that things are getting better in Iraq
You want to beliebe that the Economy is improving or it wasn't Bush's fault.

Tell me one thing about Bush's policies that isn't faith based.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2004, 09:13:12 PM »

If you're investigating a theft, do you make the victim prove exactly how whatever was stolen, even though they weren't there?

You make him prove what was stolen and usually when it was stolen.  You have not proved that anything was stolen.  I'm asking for at least circumstancial evidence of what happended.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

Believe he wants to believe that they stole the explosives.
Talk about faith based politics.

You want to believe that iraq had WMD.
You want to believe that Bush couldn't have prevented 9/11
You want to believe that Bush couldn't have caught OBL
You want to believe that things are getting better in Iraq
You want to beliebe that the Economy is improving or it wasn't Bush's fault.

Tell me one thing about Bush's policies that isn't faith based.

Once again you are incorrect.  I make most of my decisions based on evidence.

Is the good evidence that OBL could have been captured or 9/11 prevented, no.  Did I believe that Iraq had WMD's?  Yes, based on the fact that he did have them.  I don't now, because of the evidence.

Do I believe that elections will take place in Iraq on schedule?  yes, along with Kofi Annon.

You are just being both hackish and trollish when you make comments like that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2004, 09:46:50 PM »

You make him prove what was stolen and usually when it was stolen.  You have not proved that anything was stolen.  I'm asking for at least circumstancial evidence of what happended.

If he was out of town for a month, he could do no better than this situation.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2004, 09:51:58 PM »

If he was out of town for a month, he could do no better than this situation.

You claim it was there when he "left town."  Provide even circumstancial evidence that it was.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies