Republicans Finally Fight Back Today on 380 tons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Republicans Finally Fight Back Today on 380 tons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republicans Finally Fight Back Today on 380 tons  (Read 7933 times)
Pollwatch99

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2004, 09:04:42 PM »

Happy to see Bush speak out but he should hit him harder.

John Kerry always willing to accept the words of the International Community and the UN even without proof.  Never willing to accept the words of our miltary personnel and commanders despite proof.  Wrong in 1991 and Wrong in 2004.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 09:09:53 PM »

Here is a link about the improbability of the explosives being looted:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6323933/

There may be satellite imaging of trucks around the bunkers prior to the US invasion.  If such imaging exists and is released, that will pretty much kill any chance Kerry has.
Pollwatch99

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 09:15:41 PM »

Kerry had a choice to make.  The report came out.  The embedded reporters contradicted. Our miltary has said they weren't at the site.

Kerry decided to go ahead with a commerical.  He made his choice, accept UN report or accept our miltary.  Let's decide the election on this issue.  He made his choice   
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 09:39:22 PM »

Ah, you better take a look at Drudge.
Pollwatch99

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 09:48:08 PM »

I saw it but it doesn't matter. 

It's far worse in my opinion that the man who wants to sit in the Oval Office is willing to accept UN sources over our miltary leaders even after getting contradictory information.  Let him run for UN Secretary     
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 09:51:40 PM »

The new story strikes at Kerry's intellectual honesty, or dishonesty, in this case.  He chose to believe, and exploit something that wasn't true.

If the story is true, Kerry is dead.
Pollwatch99

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 09:58:27 PM »

Kerry just used up the last of his 9 lives
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 10:10:05 PM »

MSNBC is reporting it.  The DoD believes the explosives were removed (with Russian assistence) prior to the start of the war.  There may be pictures.

Kerry made the claim, without proof, that the explosives were looted; he then exploited it, even making a commecial about it.  The truth looks like that the explosives were not looted.  This could be another example of KERRY'S INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY!
khirkhib

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 10:22:31 PM »

Jury is still out on this one.

It really sound like the administration is just trying to cover its but because the official spin keeps on changing.  Maybe when I see the pictures of it being trasnported out I'll believe but as for now.

-------------------------------------

Mohammed al-Sharaa, who heads the science ministry's site monitoring department and worked with UN weapons inspectors under Saddam, said "it is impossible that these materials could have been taken from this site before the regime's fall."

He said he and other officials had been ordered a month earlier to insure that "not even a shred of paper left the sites."

"The officials that were inside this facility (Al-Qaqaa) beforehand confirm that not even a shred of paper left it before the fall and I spoke to them about it and they even issued certified statements to this effect which the US-led coalition was aware of."

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=31993
Pollwatch99

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 10:23:51 PM »

If Russia moved them it was because they were banned weapons and they didn't want them tracked to them.  So, Mr. Kerry would you like to criticize the UN for allowing IRAQ to continue to have banned weapons instead of criticizing Bush and out miltary commanders for not getting to them fast enough.  So much for the global test.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 10:26:33 PM »

Alright, that's it! Where did this "intellectual dishonesty" stuff originate?!

Just say LIE. Much easier.
Pollwatch99

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 10:41:08 PM »

Mohammed al-Sharaa, who heads the science ministry's site monitoring department and worked with UN weapons inspectors under Saddam, said "it is impossible that these materials could have been taken from this site before the regime's fall."

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=31993

Cool, so you want to join the Kerry bandwagon also. Let's trust the UN without proof and distrust our miltary despite the proof. 

I hope we spend the next 5 days discussing the creditibility of UN Weapons Inspectors who let a mass murder and dictator keep dangerous weapons.  Gee, what an impressive start, let's hear from the inspectors who really blundered and are blaming the Bush adminstration from not getting to the weapons quick enough.  Our miltary moved more distance in a shorter point in time than any time in history. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 10:43:05 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2004, 11:17:03 PM by J. J. »

Alright, that's it! Where did this "intellectual dishonesty" stuff originate?!

Just say LIE. Much easier.

I'm entirely too polite to say that.

Kerry's intellectual dishonesty much better describes him overall.  It shows not only dishonesty but his inability to think through the issues and to make judgments based on the facts.  It also illustrates Kerry's inabilitity to be consistent and his lack of core values, overall.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 10:50:07 PM »

It really sound like the administration is just trying to cover its but because the official spin keeps on changing.  Maybe when I see the pictures of it being trasnported out I'll believe but as for now.

The story was fishy from the start, but a satellite image of trucks around the bunkers would be icing on the cake! 

The story was fishy from the start, as I've posted.  Too much weight to be easily smuggled out.  It's likely that the troops securing the area would have noticed the seals.  The US Army traffic on the road would make it hard to get 40 truckloads of material out of there; certainly, three or four women didn't smuggle 360 metric tons out under a burka!
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 03:23:27 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2004, 03:26:49 AM by Silent Hunter »

Yep. Jury's still out on this one. We can't be sure when it was stolen.

I'll wait for confirmation from other sources.

If true, the fat lady can start warming up.

Slate's questions on the whole story:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2108771/
Pollwatch99

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 05:46:38 AM »

She is signing now.  You are wise enough to know that we don't know.  I understand Kerry is still running his ad.  I know, it hasn't been proven but I'd counter Kerry really hard for his jumping to a postion.

Kerry willing to accept the word of the UN without proof.  Kerry unwilling to accept the word of the US even with proof.

Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 09:13:16 AM »

She is signing now.  You are wise enough to know that we don't know.  I understand Kerry is still running his ad.  I know, it hasn't been proven but I'd counter Kerry really hard for his jumping to a postion.

Kerry willing to accept the word of the UN without proof.  Kerry unwilling to accept the word of the US even with proof.

Surely she's singing, not singing?
Pollwatch99

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 05:50:09 PM »

yes singing
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 05:52:15 PM »

yes singing

Just don't check the news, or read my sig.
khirkhib

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 06:28:28 PM »

Oh Bush has never run to a conclusion.  In this no matter how you look at it somebody in the whitehouse screwed up.  And right now they have given 10 different messages so you have to know that somebody in the white house is lying to you.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 06:43:51 PM »

Oh Bush has never run to a conclusion.  In this no matter how you look at it somebody in the whitehouse screwed up.  And right now they have given 10 different messages so you have to know that somebody in the white house is lying to you.

There are some problems with this, aside from the longistics, that the pictures jfool has on his sig are from an area that was within the security of an encampment of the 101 Airborne.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 06:44:56 PM »

There are some problems with this, aside from the longistics, that the pictures jfool has on his sig are from an area that was within the security of an encampment of the 101 Airborne.

You guys lost.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 07:38:59 PM »

You guys lost.

No, that is an admission that we won.  There is circumstantial evidence that the explosives were moved prior to the start.  You have failed because you cannot produce even circumstantial evidence that they were there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 07:49:38 PM »

You guys lost.

No, that is an admission that we won.  There is circumstantial evidence that the explosives were moved prior to the start.  You have failed because you cannot produce even circumstantial evidence that they were there.

Inspectors say HMX.
It had IAEA seals.
All lost because of Bush's decision to invade Iraq.

Spin spin spin.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 07:57:30 PM »

Inspectors say HMX.
It had IAEA seals.
All lost because of Bush's decision to invade Iraq.

Spin spin spin.

Spunout and flop flop floppppped! 

How did they move the explosives?  Did some Iraqi women hide it under thier burkas?

Why don't you answer the question?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies