2010 and onwards : the 2nd Secession.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:37:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2010 and onwards : the 2nd Secession.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 and onwards : the 2nd Secession.  (Read 6256 times)
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »

Healthcare passes, and the economy continues to fall into a hell-hole. As America continues to fall apart, it became clear to a few Governors that their states can not stay under America. The final straw was the passing of a bill in the U.S. Congress banning public expression of religion, and another bill legalizing Gay Marrige federally.

July. 13th 2010 Sad Governor Sonny Perdue (R-GA) announces that Georgia will secede from the union, after a secret and illegal referendum was held to decide whether or not to secede. 87% agreed that secession was the right choice, as unemployment reached 25% in Georgia.

July. 18th 2010 Sad Texas secedes from the Union. This occurs as the Feds launch a investigation on the state after many homosexuals complain of being harrassed and not being allowed to marry.

July. 19th 2010 Sad Coups occur in Alabama and Oklahoma, Gov. Henry is forced out of office. J.C. Watts is sworn in. In Alabama, Gov. Riley folds and announces Alabama will secede.

July. 20th 2010 Sad Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina secede.

By august the whole south secedes, along with Kansas and Nebraska.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »

Oh god...

July. 13th 2010 Sad Governor Sonny Perdue (R-GA) announces that Georgia will secede from the union, after a secret and illegal referendum was held to decide whether or not to secede. 87% agreed that secession was the right choice, as unemployment reached 25% in Georgia.

^The South will rise again! Roll Eyes
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »

The rogue states create a Consitution, called the Confederate Mandate, Republican Rick Perry is elected President of the Confederacy.

Here is the order the states signed the Constitution Sad

Texas
S. Carolina
Kentucky
Virginia (Excluding NOVA which is still apart of the union, known as the state of Fairfax.)
Florida
Tennessee
N. Carolina
Nebraska
Kansas
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Louisiana
Mississippi
Oklahoma
Georgia

Perry wins an election with 56% of the popular vote, being Bob McDonnell and Richard Burr. President Obama threatens the Confederacy with War if it does not return back to America.

The Confederacy has one response Sad

aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »

Jesus Christ.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 11:23:35 PM »

lol

I'm pretty sure that the world would pretty much self-destruct were this to happen.

What is the status of Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho? Are they staying in the Union because they cannot secede due to its relative proximity to California and Washington, key supply bases?

Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 12:41:12 AM »

lol

I'm pretty sure that the world would pretty much self-destruct were this to happen.

What is the status of Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho? Are they staying in the Union because they cannot secede due to its relative proximity to California and Washington, key supply bases?

That and All of them  are too far from Texas, Alabama etc.....
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:48:15 AM »

Pres. Rick Perry and Pres. Barack Obama trade jabs for about a week before Obama decided to take action.

Aug. 17th 2010 Sad Obama puts troops near borders of Kentucky and Virginia. Pres. Perry places troops near South Dakota, Missouri and Nova.

Aug.18th 2010 Sad America declares war on CSA. Invades Virginia, killing around 450 CSA Solidiers. CSA Parliament approves Perry's request to invade Nova. About 200 USA troops die in Loundoun County.

Aug. 19th 2010 Sad The CSA Capital, Atlanta is invaded by US troops. Somehow CSA troops chase the US Troops out of the city sending them into Tennessee. The first major battle occurs.

Battle of Chattanooga

Death totals : 12,345 (50% USA Troops, 30% CSA Troops, 20% Civilians)
Winners : CSA

Details of the battle come next.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 01:59:58 AM »

Well, this is a new low of JC fail.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 02:21:28 AM »

Svensson, that's nothing new for JC. I remember his "Texas seceded" TL few months ago.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »

I might just be speaking for myself, but things like this tend to really piss off Southerners that have brains.

Florida would never secede.

This is just horrible...Even worse because I believe it's serious.  87% of Georgians support secession?  Really?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »

A new fail.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 09:32:38 AM »

This is absolutely preposterous, and although I'm not even from the South technically, I take offense to this. First off, unemployment numbers will never get that high. Some Congressmembers may be awful, but not awful enough to ban personal liberties this soon. And gay marriage nationally has no chance of passing even in the next 10 years, let alone a couple of months.
North Carolina, Florida, and Virginia would never even seriously consider seceding, especially North Carolina.
I do find it interesting that Obama is taking the same awful route Lincoln took centuries ago.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 09:37:30 AM »

Laughable and Ludicrous. How is it that the dozen or so states that are angry at "big gubment" are the most dependent on Federal Tax Dollars? The South could not survive without Blue State money. So they would not secede, period. The State government in those states are intelligent enough, save for that hothead in Texas perhaps, to realize they can't properly function without Tax Monies from Uncle Sam.

If anything, the Blue States have a much bigger right to be pissed off.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »

Apparently, A timeline, that is not real in anyway would offend Southerners? No, NOVA is not southern and No Durham and Chapel Hill are not southern.

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »

It's all good JC. Don't mind the politically correct people around here, I always need a good laugh on this forum.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »

I'd think Texas would being pushing secession first.

how about the west? they could all go in one block to protect their water rights...well maybe everyone but New Mexico which may secceed to mexico
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 06:40:15 PM »

HAIL TO THE SECOND CONFEDERACY!!!!!!!

THE SOUTH HAS RISEN AGAIN!!!

Anyways, I love the painting in your signature.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »

Western Maryland, the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and Southern Delaware (just ask Biden lol) appear to be the wrong color.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 05:19:51 AM »

lulz

There will be no legitimate Civil War ever again in the United States.  It would be impossible for an entire state to secede from the Union in the modern world.  For a variety of reasons, mainly:

1. Except for Mississippi, West Virginia, and maybe SC, KS, and KY, all the states have a major and staunch urban-rural divide.  Maybe there's a lot more people in the South who find liberalism repulsive, but you'd be hard pressed to find somebody in Austin, Dallas, Miami, St. Louis or Atlanta who gives a sh**t and would go along with this idea.

2.  Corporate economic interests.  You think major companies like WalMart, Disney, Anheuser-Busch, TimeWarner and all the gulf oil drillers are gonna stick around at their Southern HQs and risk losing billions to trillions of dollars to protect the sanctity of marriage?

3.  Tennessee would have an energy crisis on day one (TVA).

4.  The tea party farmers might be all for it initially, but the lack of DoA assistance and trade with the USA would quickly doom them.

The list goes on...

These are all factors that were not in play in the first Civil War.  Interstate commerce is a lot stronger that it was 150 years ago.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 05:21:42 AM »

how about the west? they could all go in one block to protect their water rights...well maybe everyone but New Mexico which may secceed to mexico

I can hear my fellow New Mexicans now.  "Yes, we're tired of the mediocre economy of the United States. Let's give Mexico's economy a try!"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »

I'm bumping this for a kids Grin
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »

A 2nd Secession? Unlikely, but what the hell, could happen.

A 2nd Secession consisting almost entirely of Southern States? No way. They are heavily reliant on federal subsidies. A handful of them might consider it, but any real secession would probably be coming from the midwest and west.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 02:22:18 PM »

I might just be speaking for myself, but things like this tend to really piss off Southerners that have brains.

Florida would never secede.

This is just horrible...Even worse because I believe it's serious.  87% of Georgians support secession?  Really?

What's really funny is that Georgia had a "secret referendum." Everyone in Georgia knew about it and they all came out to vote - except any media professionals, no one told them (it was a secret!).
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

Guys, this is a good TL. Stop poking fun.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 05:00:05 PM »

This. It's very simple to criticize. If you don't like a TL, I think you shouldn't say nothing, just ignore it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies