McCain to campaign for Carly Fiorina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 12:16:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  McCain to campaign for Carly Fiorina
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain to campaign for Carly Fiorina  (Read 881 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/eyeon2010/2010/04/mccain-to-campaign-with-fiorin.html

I've pretty much lost all respect for the man.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:00:04 PM »

Well, that's great news for the Carlyfornia campaign. They're getting help from a man who is becoming increasingly likely to lose his seat to a whackjob. Such wonderful campaign news. [/endsarcasm]
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »

McCain isn't THAT likely to lose his reelection.

This stoey is funny because McCain fired Carlyfornia from his campaign for being incompetent and saying McCain supported birth control being covered by insurance plans when he opposes it and having a second gaffe where she said he couldn't run a large business.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »

They make a great couple, imo.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »

Oh sh**t. Why oh why? Fiorina is simply not in Campbell's category in any dimension that I respect. I repeat, Campbell was a college classmate of mine, and smarter than me, indeed perhaps the smartest of our class of about 500. And then we both went to business and law school, and well, he achieved considerably more than I did, with all of that, although I managed to make do. What I like most about Campbell is that he is a thoroughly decent human being, which is rare in the political class. He wants to accomplish something, not be someone, because he is grounded, and does not need celebrity props to achieve self esteem.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 10:40:27 PM »

Oh sh**t. Why oh why? Fiorina is simply not in Campbell's category in any dimension that I respect. I repeat, Campbell was a college classmate of mine, and smarter than me, indeed perhaps the smartest of our class of about 500. And then we both went to business and law school, and well, he achieved considerably more than I did, with all of that, although I managed to make do. What I like most about Campbell is that he is a thoroughly decent human being, which is rare in the political class. He wants to accomplish something, not be someone, because he is grounded, and does not need celebrity props to achieve self esteem.

I wouldn't worry. McCain's about 50% likely to get tanked by Hayworth anyway. Obama didn't help Coakley, and McCain won't help Fiorina.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:55:37 PM »

I wouldn't worry. McCain's about 50% likely to get tanked by Hayworth anyway. Obama didn't help Coakley, and McCain won't help Fiorina.

Well, endorsements have a limited effect anyway, but most notably for Fiorina it signals a clear go-ahead for national donors predisposed towards what McCain wants, generates positive mentions for her in the news, and possibly opens the door for McCain-Fiorina events that would draw larger crowds and more news coverage that Fiorina herself could create.

It won't win the election for her, but it's a great endorsement for her to have.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 10:59:07 PM »

I still wonder if he's suited to being a Senator though.  He's a reasonable, pragmatic person, but would he be an effective legislator in the Senate or be drowned out by the background noise?

Either way, he's a decent person who seems to have realistic ideas about government. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »

But McCain will help her (somewhat) for the GOP primary.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:05:34 PM »

I would like to know why so many Republicans are still willing to vote for her after she nearly destroyed HP.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 04:34:30 PM »

I would like to know why so many Republicans are still willing to vote for her after she nearly destroyed HP.

This baffles me, too.  Whitman I get; Fiorina, not so much.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »

She has Washington connections due to her work on the McCain campaign, her fundraising for other candidates [I think], and her ability to self-finance what the establishment largely thinks will be a losing campaign, even though she says she won't self-finance.  I think they also like the idea of running a female against Boxer. 

I have a hard time thinking of a candidate with a worse biography than Carly Fiorina though.  I mean, Boxer's oppo book is probably 50,000 pages long, with the golden gem "silver bullet"-esque attack ads already written surely numbering in the dozens.  Oliver North running in CA would probably be less vulnerable than Carlyfornia.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies