SvenssonRS for Midwest Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:50:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SvenssonRS for Midwest Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SvenssonRS for Midwest Governor  (Read 1933 times)
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »

Hello, everyone. I'm SvenssonRS and I will be running against Governor Vepres in the Midwest elections this next month, hopefully with the endorsement of the Popular Party. I hope to offer change from what has thus far been a very lazy, lackluster showing by the current Governor.

There's not much else I can think to say, so we should get started: anyone who has a question as to what I stand for and what my views are, ask here and I'll provide answers in turn. Feel free to ask me whatever you want when it comes to what I believe. Wink
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »

Endorsed!
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:38:04 PM »

Good Luck! Smiley Talk to me if you need some suggestions.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 04:54:21 PM »

How can some one with your PM score like Huckabee?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »

You have my endorsement.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »

Endorsed, good luck.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »

Hello, everyone. I'm SvenssonRS and I will be running against Governor Vepres in the Midwest elections this next month, hopefully with the endorsement of the Popular Party. I hope to offer change from what has thus far been a very lazy, lackluster showing by the current Governor.

There's not much else I can think to say, so we should get started: anyone who has a question as to what I stand for and what my views are, ask here and I'll provide answers in turn. Feel free to ask me whatever you want when it comes to what I believe. Wink

Either you weren't here in my first term, or you have far too high standards. I have been the most active MW Governor in (literally) years.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 05:07:32 PM »

Either you weren't here in my first term, or you have far too high standards. I have been the most active MW Governor in (literally) years.

True, and then you became enamored with the idea of becoming senator and ever since then......well.......
Maybe this should tell you to get off your ass once again.
Endorsed.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »

I look at capability and character as well as positions. As true as it is that my social views clash spectacularly with Huckabee's, I can appreciate the kind of person he is and his apparent competence as a governor.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »

True, and then you became enamored with the idea of becoming senator and ever since then......well.......
Endorsed.

Yes, has it been...four attempts for Federal Office? He must really want to get out of there...
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 05:21:08 PM »

That is incredibly hard to believe from what I've been seeing, and more importantly what I've heard - directly from you, in fact. You very blatantly stated that you plan on running for Senate again, and will only start governing properly if you lose then. This was just after your previous loss; I distinctly recall it. How can you expect me to believe that you've been the most active governor in years whenever you, yourself, stated that you haven't been taking it seriously?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »

Looks like the debate's begun.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »

Anti-endorsed.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »

I look at capability and character as well as positions. As true as it is that my social views clash spectacularly with Huckabee's, I can appreciate the kind of person he is and his apparent competence as a governor.

So issues aren't a big thing on how you vote?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »

Endorsed.

Yes, has it been...four attempts for Federal Office? He must really want to get out of there...

The first was ruined by a number of gaffes, so I thought I'd try again. The second I came close, but I was honestly planning on not running again, but no candidates I really liked emerged in the special election, so I figured it was only another week and I was already in campaign mode. I've said elsewhere that I'm done with seeking federal office for awhile.

Endorsed.

It's a political simulation, I think being inactive until a credible challenger appears is pretty realistic Wink
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »

I mainly ignored the social ones. They aren't the defining point in my vote. What is, however, is the economy, which I feel should come before most social beliefs. Economic policy is one of the reasons I can like him - one of the reasons I can agree with the likes of John Hoeven, Sue Lowden, etc., as well. Besides, even if I was massively concerned with social issues, it's hardly as though Huckabee is as bad as, say, John Thune.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:31 AM »

Endorsed.

The first was ruined by a number of gaffes, so I thought I'd try again. The second I came close, but I was honestly planning on not running again, but no candidates I really liked emerged in the special election, so I figured it was only another week and I was already in campaign mode. I've said elsewhere that I'm done with seeking federal office for awhile.

Endorsed.

It's a political simulation, I think being inactive until a credible challenger appears is pretty realistic Wink

What arrogance.
I didn't elect somebody whose only thought was of just doing enough to win elections, I elected someone to govern a region.  Thanks for proving that I did indeed throw away my vote those months ago when I helped vote you in to replace an inactive governor.
Just for your arrogance, you will never have my vote again.
This is a political simulation, and now you will see what happens when you ignore the people of your region.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 05:35:34 AM »

I mainly ignored the social ones. They aren't the defining point in my vote. What is, however, is the economy, which I feel should come before most social beliefs. Economic policy is one of the reasons I can like him - one of the reasons I can agree with the likes of John Hoeven, Sue Lowden, etc., as well. Besides, even if I was massively concerned with social issues, it's hardly as though Huckabee is as bad as, say, John Thune.

Huckabee is opposed to abortion in cases of rape, loves the drugwar, hates gays, is opposed to gay adoption, is a creationist, thinks Wal-Mart is "the case study in the genius of the American marketplace", increased state spending 65.3 percent from 1996 to 2004, supports a fifty percent increase in defense spending and loves tax hikes.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »

That is incredibly hard to believe from what I've been seeing, and more importantly what I've heard - directly from you, in fact. You very blatantly stated that you plan on running for Senate again, and will only start governing properly if you lose then. This was just after your previous loss; I distinctly recall it. How can you expect me to believe that you've been the most active governor in years whenever you, yourself, stated that you haven't been taking it seriously?

Oh dear.

First off, he's quite right, he is the most active executive officer in years.

Second, if you think the Midwest ican'tunderstandwhyitwasformerlyknownasverinandwhatthehellisverinship is to be taken seriously...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »

Endorsed.

Endorsed.

What arrogance.
I didn't elect somebody whose only thought was of just doing enough to win elections, I elected someone to govern a region.  Thanks for proving that I did indeed throw away my vote those months ago when I helped vote you in to replace an inactive governor.
This is a political simulation, and now you will see what happens when you ignore the people of your region.

Oh please, you took this game the least seriously of anybody.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »

Doesn't mean he wouldn't take his office seriously. Big difference.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »

Endorsed.

Endorsed.

What arrogance.

Oh please, you took this game the least seriously of anybody.

You're so right!  You are so right!  However despite the fact that you have revealed me for the hypocritical doucheface that I really am it doesn't change the fact that me and my holmies in the Populares Party are in the Midwest for an A and B office and if you don't like that you can C your way out of here before me and my man SVesson come over there and DEF YOU UP!
THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MY GOD MY EYES THEY'RE TURNING RED.....LIKE BLOOD!
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 03:27:29 AM »

Well for Mechaman, he wasn't an elected official and so bore no serious responsibilities. Vepres is out of line again.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 07:31:48 AM »

I can't vote for you, but you have my moral support Smiley
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »

Ooh, I didn't even see this thread, sorry I didn't comment earlier. You have my full endorsement! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies