Suicide bombings in Moscow subway
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:14:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Suicide bombings in Moscow subway
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Suicide bombings in Moscow subway  (Read 1941 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 10:05:11 AM »

Depressing. I can already imagine how the Kremlin fascists will exploit this to once again purge the opposition.
You're disgusting. Can't you let your Russophobia rest even for this occasion?

Russophobia... Roll Eyes
Your first reaction is to push your extremely biased opinion of the Russian government (how are they fascist, by the way?). Seems rather indicative to me.

I've never used the word fascist: you said that, not me Smiley) I don't think they are fascist, actually. It's just an atrocious government, that's been really bad for Russia. They've dismembered whatever fledgeling institutions of the civil society were emerging there. And, of course, they are a gang of disreputable KGB-men and thieves (usually both simultaneously). But fascists they are not: they are not sufficiently ideological for that.

However, I do think you despise Russians, as you clearly think this government suits them. So, in my view, if anyone exhibits clear traits of Russophobia here, it's you Smiley)
I wasn't talking about you.
I didn't know whether is suits them, but its clearly better for Russia than the previous one. And it seems that the prevailing opinion inside Russia is similar, even though most Russians outside Russia don't seem to think so. I find it rather telling, don't you?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »

Fascist was obviously an exageration, since you have nothing else to do than focusing on words... Russia remains a bloody and corrupted dictatorship.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »

Depressing. I can already imagine how the Kremlin fascists will exploit this to once again purge the opposition.

Russophobia... Roll Eyes
Your first reaction is to push your extremely biased opinion of the Russian government (how are they fascist, by the way?). Seems rather indicative to me.

I've never used the word fascist: you said that, not me Smiley) I don't think they are fascist, actually. It's just an atrocious government, that's been really bad for Russia. They've dismembered whatever fledgeling institutions of the civil society were emerging there. And, of course, they are a gang of disreputable KGB-men and thieves (usually both simultaneously). But fascists they are not: they are not sufficiently ideological for that.

However, I do think you despise Russians, as you clearly think this government suits them. So, in my view, if anyone exhibits clear traits of Russophobia here, it's you Smiley)
I didn't know whether is suits them, but its clearly better for Russia than the previous one. And it seems that the prevailing opinion inside Russia is similar, even though most Russians outside Russia don't seem to think so. I find it rather telling, don't you?

Yes, it's very telling: it's indicative of the state of the mass media inside Russia and of the difference in average oil price between the 1990s and 2000s Smiley Though, actually, we don't really know what anyone thinks: as noone has bothered to trully ask recently Smiley Among my acquaintances within Russia, for one, an overwhelming majority (I'd venture to say, well over 2:1) would disagree w/ you Smiley Though, of course, it's indicative of my social circle more than of anything else Smiley
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 04:00:40 AM »

Russophobia... Roll Eyes

Yes, it's very telling: it's indicative of the state of the mass media inside Russia and of the difference in average oil price between the 1990s and 2000s Smiley Though, actually, we don't really know what anyone thinks: as noone has bothered to trully ask recently Smiley Among my acquaintances within Russia, for one, an overwhelming majority (I'd venture to say, well over 2:1) would disagree w/ you Smiley Though, of course, it's indicative of my social circle more than of anything else Smiley
Generally people who live inside a country a better informed about it than people outside the country, but maybe Russians are different Smiley. As for acquaintances, my experience is opposite of yours, so it's really a question of social circles Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 04:03:41 AM »

Generally people who live inside a country a better informed about it than people outside the country,
Don't tell opebo.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies