Emergency Resolution To Authorise the Use of the Northeast National Guard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:26:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Emergency Resolution To Authorise the Use of the Northeast National Guard
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emergency Resolution To Authorise the Use of the Northeast National Guard  (Read 1827 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »

1. The Northeast Region is given the express authoritization of the Atlasian Senate to mobilize and utilize the region's national guard as a temporary police force to maintain order during the police strike.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »

Quite simply folks, the police are on strike. While I am in full agreement with the principle of the police being able to strike, they provide a vital service and the region needs security for the duration of the strike. Therefore, I urge senators to vote for this before innocent lives are lost.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »

Article VI, Clause 6

The Armed Forces shall not be used for Law enforcement or policing of the People except in times when the Writ of Habeas Corpus has been lawfully suspended.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »

Article VI, Clause 6

The Armed Forces shall not be used for Law enforcement or policing of the People except in times when the Writ of Habeas Corpus has been lawfully suspended.

Oh crap. Well, looks like there will be blood.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 05:24:47 PM »

It's a pity that far-rightists in the Northeast have been able to cripple the entire region.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »

It's a pity that far-rightists in the Northeast have been able to cripple the entire region.

Far-rightists? No.

They have been extremely misguided in their policy towards labour though.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »

THis is out of order.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »

Please learn proper Senate procedure, Winston.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »

Article VI, Clause 6

I feel dumb having forgotten about that. Very dumb.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »

Yeah, although this isn't the first times this has happened. It might be interesting (or at least something to simply do) if the Senate decided to make procedure for emergency resolutions posted by individual Senators possible, and could be rejected by the PPT if they weren't actual emergencies, but brought up immediately for a vote.

Just a thought. I know people don't like amending the rules and procedures and quite frankly I don't blame you. That article is collosal.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »

Yeah, although this isn't the first times this has happened. It might be interesting (or at least something to simply do) if the Senate decided to make procedure for emergency resolutions posted by individual Senators possible, and could be rejected by the PPT if they weren't actual emergencies, but brought up immediately for a vote.

Just a thought. I know people don't like amending the rules and procedures and quite frankly I don't blame you. That article is collosal.

The OSPR is maybe my favorite creation ever, and has really stood the test of time.  A few years ago I thought about revising it heavily to allow for more arcane ways to block things, but realized it would probably never pass, so I stopped.  Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 11:13:02 AM »

Easy mistake for a newbie. I did the same thing only a couple months ago proposing emergency Haitian earthquake relief.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 12:47:04 PM »

When I was PPT, I had quite a lot of fun abusing... I mean... er... carefully using... a particular part of the OSPR Grin
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »

When I was PPT, I had quite a lot of fun abusing... I mean... er... carefully using... a particular part of the OSPR Grin

You mean the anti-DWTL fun time?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »

Also, Winston/anyone else, if you wanted to make a non-unconstitutional Federal fix to this problem I can put it in the PPT slot immediately and (with Smid) waive the normal debate minimum time limits so this crisis can be solved as quickly as possible.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »

The OSPR is maybe my favorite creation ever, and has really stood the test of time.  A few years ago I thought about revising it heavily to allow for more arcane ways to block things, but realized it would probably never pass, so I stopped.  Tongue

I've always wondered why the rules lack arcane ways to block legislation. Seems it would make things more interesting.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 07:36:12 AM »

I've always wondered why the rules lack arcane ways to block legislation. Seems it would make things more interesting. sucky.

Fixed. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 12:46:27 AM »

I've always wondered why the rules lack arcane ways to block legislation. Seems it would make things more interesting. sucky.

Fixed. Tongue

Pish posh. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 03:39:47 AM »

I do believe someone once attempted a filibuster. Was it MAS?
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »

It would be pretty hard pressed to call some of us Right-Wing at all, let alone Far-Right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies