AZ: Rasmussen: Martin (R) leads Goddard (D) by 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:06:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AZ: Rasmussen: Martin (R) leads Goddard (D) by 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ: Rasmussen: Martin (R) leads Goddard (D) by 5  (Read 2325 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:06:47 AM »

New Poll: Arizona Governor by Rasmussen on 2010-03-18

Summary: D: 38%, R: 43%, U: 13%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:55:12 PM »

According to Rasmussen, the Republicans pretty much win everything ever.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:43:09 AM »

According to Rasmussen, the Republicans pretty much win everything ever.

Not ever, just in 2010. Which is not an unreasonable thing to be seeing at this point, all considered.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »

The best thing for the Western states like Nevada and Arizona is for there top Republicans to be primaried, Brewer, McCain, Gibbons, and Ensign (2012). I hope Martin wins.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

Martin is doing worse then last poll if that means anything.

Anyway, I have information from reliable sources that Goddard will win.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »

The people have to, you know, vote first.  You make it sound like some backroom deal.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »

Goddard is a fairly strong candidate; however, his strength is negated by the republican wave that will occur in November.  Under normal circumstances or favorable circumstances, Goddard would have excellent odds of being governor.  I voted for him once because he was running against sleazy and scandalous republican Andrew Thomas who along with the equally sleazy democrat mayor, Phil Gordon, have been running Phoenix into the ground.  Martin has a sob story that will gain him some sympathy vote - I think his wife or daughter or both just died or something, Im not exactly sure.  I'm not sure how this is going to play out, but in a tossup year that leans republican, Id place my bets on Martin.  Either way, its great that the sixteen year era of the Jan's (Jane Hull, Janet Napolitano and Jan Brewer) will finally be over.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

The people have to, you know, vote first.  You make it sound like some backroom deal.

This is Jamespol.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:08:20 AM »

Goddard is a fairly strong candidate; however, his strength is negated by the republican wave that will occur in November.  Under normal circumstances or favorable circumstances, Goddard would have excellent odds of being governor.  I voted for him once because he was running against sleazy and scandalous republican Andrew Thomas who along with the equally sleazy democrat mayor, Phil Gordon, have been running Phoenix into the ground.  Martin has a sob story that will gain him some sympathy vote - I think his wife or daughter or both just died or something, Im not exactly sure.  I'm not sure how this is going to play out, but in a tossup year that leans republican, Id place my bets on Martin.  Either way, its great that the sixteen year era of the Jan's (Jane Hull, Janet Napolitano and Jan Brewer) will finally be over.

A very good post.

It was lst year that Martin's wife and child died.

And, good point on the 'jans,' reminds me of the bad old days of the 'sue nation,' which fortunately has been eradicated.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 05:48:56 PM »

A very good post.

It was lst year that Martin's wife and child died.

And, good point on the 'jans,' reminds me of the bad old days of the 'sue nation,' which fortunately has been eradicated.

Why don't you right-wingers like Jane Hull? I don't know much about her but she seems to have been pretty conservative.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »

She bungled an alt-fuels program so badly that it birthed the candidacy of Janet Napalitano and gave us her for 6 years - she won in 2002 of all years.  I really don't like our legislature though, and our current governor.  Our current gov is actually pretty conservative, she just decided that the sales tax needed to be raised by one cent - I dont really quarrel with that move, it really isnt a big deal, but she has no promise to get rid of it once the budget is repaired.  Our legislature swears up and down that more cuts cant be made - so they cut education, but not the services for illegal immigrants that Nappy put in place.  Now Brewer is starting to move in that direction, but not fast enough.  I dont really like our congressmen and women either - Franks and Shadegg are ok, but the others, including Jeff Flake are terrible.  McCain's awful.  One thing that is good is that our democrats - sans the congressional ones, are pretty moderate - they have to be or they wont win.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 03:58:57 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2010, 06:41:05 AM by CARLHAYDEN »

First, in non-economic matters Jane is pretty decent, but, she listens to the county clubbers on finance, and believes is higher taxes rather than reduced spending (Coughlin is an example of one of her key advisers).

Second, it is an old tactic (employed in California) to cut essential services and NOT cut wasteful spending to punish the voters who want spending reductions.  The voters end up retaliating against the jerks who pursue this course, but it takes time.

Third, Franks is a good guy, but John has his problems (he developed a liberal streak since losing the campaign for Republican leader a few years ago) while Flake is an absolute A.H.

Fourth, why the alt-fuels program was a fiasco, and did contrribute to Napolitano's victory in 2002, the status of the Republican nominee that year as a lobbyist for Quest made as large a contribution (back then Quest was rightfully hated by Arizonans).

Fifth, azmagic is correct in that about half of the Democrats in the legislature are pretty moderate, which is how they get reelected.

Finally, in 2002 Napolitano 'won' with 46.2% of the vote in the Governor's race.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »

First, in non-economic matters Jane is pretty decent, but, she listens to the county clubbers on finance, and believes is higher taxes rather than reduced spending (Coughlin is an example of one of her key advisers).

Second, it is an old tactic (employed in California) to cut essential services and NOT cut wasteful spending to punish the voters who want spending reductions.  The voters end up retaliating against the jerks who pursue this course, but it takes time.

Third, Franks is a good guy, but John has his problems (he developed a liberal streak since losing the campaign for Republican leader a few years ago) while Flake is an absolute A.H.

Fourth, why the alt-fuels program was a fiasco, and did contrribute to Napolitano's victory in 2002, the status of the Republican nominee that year as a lobbyist for Quest made as large a contribution (back then Quest was rightfully hated by Arizonans).

Fifth, azmagic is correct in that about half of the Democrats in the legislature are pretty moderate, which is how they get reelected.

Finally, in 2002 Napolitano 'won' with 46.2% of the vote in the Governor's race.

I remember reading that Salmon's religion played a roll as well.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »

I remember reading that Salmon's religion played a roll as well.
Mormon? - Yeah, it did then, but it wont now...AZ is infested (I couldnt think of a better term) with them
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 07:35:59 PM »

What are the quotes for?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »

It was a close election, therefore the Democrat stole it. Duh.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 01:51:14 AM »

What are the quotes for?

After Evan Mecham won the Governorship in 1986, the rinos consorted with the liberal Democrats (they do that a lot) to push through a provision requiring majority vote to achieve election.

When Mecham ceased to be a factor, they changed the law.

If the 'mecham' law had been in effect in 2002, then there would have been a run=-off election, and Janet would have lost.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 02:08:06 AM »

What are the quotes for?

After Evan Mecham won the Governorship in 1986, the rinos consorted with the liberal Democrats (they do that a lot) to push through a provision requiring majority vote to achieve election.

When Mecham ceased to be a factor, they changed the law.

If the 'mecham' law had been in effect in 2002, then there would have been a run=-off election, and Janet would have lost.

Thanks for the info. She still won though, bro.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies