The parties suck
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:41:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The parties suck
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The parties suck  (Read 1353 times)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »

How can we fix that?
James Rivington
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 3.43

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »

I agree, we should make a new one. The SDP is good, but rather inactive... Sad
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:53:10 AM »

That's because parties at the moment are kind of a joke (except for two, and I wouldn't want to be part of either).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:58:21 AM »

That's because parties at the moment are kind of a joke (except for two, and I wouldn't want to be part of either).

I've found that Atlasia has been unable to find a middle ground between parties that are meaningless conglomerations of random members & ones that are overarching machines micromanaging what their members eat for breakfast.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 04:11:07 AM »

As always, PiT, you put it far better than I ever could.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 06:38:36 AM »

As always, PiT, you put it far better than I ever could.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 02:39:19 PM »

I've found that Atlasia has been unable to find a middle ground between parties that are meaningless conglomerations of random members & ones that are overarching machines micromanaging what their members eat for breakfast.

How is the JCP is a meaningless conglomeration of random members? Because we certainly aren't the other thing you've described.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »

How is the JCP is a meaningless conglomeration of random members? Because we certainly aren't the other thing you've described.

Alright, you only micromanage what kind of toast they eat. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »

I'm just kind of irritated that people seem to think I run the JCP this way. I don't, as I'm sure many members can attest. Go ahead and ask Lief, Badger, Max, Hans, or Fritz how much I boss them around. They'll probably tell you never...
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 08:30:05 PM »

Bgwah is probably the most laid-back party leader around.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 10:33:56 PM »

Bgwah is probably the most laid-back party leader around.

False. I am a far more laid-back party leader. I think. Am I party leader?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:43:48 PM »

no
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »

I'm just kind of irritated that people seem to think I run the JCP this way. I don't, as I'm sure many members can attest. Go ahead and ask Lief, Badger, Max, Hans, or Fritz how much I boss them around. They'll probably tell you never...

I don't doubt that. I've heard a few things about the JCP, though I've rarely heard of you having anything to do with them.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 12:05:34 AM »

It's all about size. Atlasia is too small and everyone is easily accessible to everyone else. That makes it very hard to find nuance in this game.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 12:19:41 AM »

It's all about size. Atlasia is too small and everyone is easily accessible to everyone else. That makes it very hard to find nuance in this game.

That's not really entirely true, methinks. I believe you've only seen the second sort of party dominate the game.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 07:38:28 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2010, 07:45:16 AM by Badger »

I don't think I've ever recieved a PM from Bgwah unless it was in response to one I'd sent him.

Seriously, I know people talk about the "monolithic JCP machine", but do people really believe this? Maybe it was before I got involved last year, but in my experience we need to be substantially tighter an organization. Claiming we're a machine nowadays is just silly.

BTW, Fearless Leader, is it whole grain or wheat this morning?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »

That's not really entirely true, methinks. I believe you've only seen the second sort of party dominate the game.

True, but I still think the point stands. This game relies on personalities, which is why you end up with parties built on cults of personality or "all star" mashups.

It seems fairly obvious to me that the JCP, RPP and Populares all started with one or a handful of personalities that drove the party name. And from what I remember of the DA's founding, it was essentially a bunch of popular and established big names and rising stars (Hash, afleitch, Franzl, HW) throwing a party together.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »

Fearless leader, I ask your forgiveness for having pulpless orange juice this morning instead of today's mandated "light pulp" OJ. It will never happen again.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »

Fearless leader, I ask your forgiveness for having pulpless orange juice this morning instead of today's mandated "light pulp" OJ. It will never happen again.

I prefer to be called "Glorious Leader," thank you very much!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies