Eric Massa slams Democrat leaders for ethics probe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:08:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Eric Massa slams Democrat leaders for ethics probe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Eric Massa slams Democrat leaders for ethics probe  (Read 1477 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:20 AM »
« edited: March 08, 2010, 09:01:47 AM by Lunar »

My guess is that the Democratic congressional leaders are not willing to manufacture gay scandals about their own members for a single healthcare vote, as it would damage their own chances in November. 

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34051.html

Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) says the House ethics committee is investigating him for inappropriate comments he made to a male staffer on New Year's Eve — and that he's the victim of a power play by Democratic leaders who want him out of Congress because he's a "no" vote on health care reform.

"Mine is now the deciding vote on the health care bill," Massa, who on Friday announced his intention to resign, said during a long monologue on radio station WKPQ. "And this administration and this House leadership have said, quote-unquote, they will stop at nothing to pass this health care bill. And now they've gotten rid of me and it will pass. You connect the dots."

Massa insisted that he did not know the basis of a House ethics committee investigation into his conduct until after he announced his retirement last Wednesday, and he took House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) to task for going public with information related to the probe before it is completed.

In the monologue — an audio recording of which has been posted by Rochester's WHAM-TV  — Massa said he first heard that the ethics committee was questioning his staff in early February but had no idea why.

He said he now understands the basis of the committee's investigation — and dismissed it as a matter of "political correctness" gone awry.

"I have to come find out that on New Year's Eve, I went to a staff party — it was actually a wedding for a staff member of mine," Massa said. "There were 250 people there. I was with my wife, and in fact we had a great time. She got the stomach flu, I went down to sing Auld Lang Syne. And with cameras on me — I'm talking three of them — filming me, I danced with the bride, and I danced with the bridesmaid. Absolutely nothing occurred.

"I said goodnight to the bridesmanid. I sat at down at the table where my whole staff was, all of them, by the way bachelors. One of them looked at me and — as they would do after, I don't know, 15 gin and tonics and goodness only knows how many bottles of champagne — a staff member made an intonation to me that maybe I should be chasing after the bridesmaid. His points were clear and his words were far more colorful than that.

"And I grabbed the staff member sitting next to me and I said, 'What I really ought to be doing is frakking you,' and then tossled the guy's hair and left, went to my room, because I knew the party was getting to a point where I shouldn't be there."

"Was that inappropriate of me? Absolutely."

A Massa aide has told POLITICO that the New York Democrat has been engaged in inappropriate behavior “for eight months.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34051.html#ixzz0har5hIW7
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:30:56 AM »

So is this guy gonna resign today or what?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:32:24 AM »

So is this guy gonna resign today or what?

Jawohl
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »

Seems kind of odd to start with your attacks when you're resigning anyway, doesn't it?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »

Seems kind of odd to start with your attacks when you're resigning anyway, doesn't it?

Not really, it looks a lot better image-wise to look like you're being forced out than resigning in shame
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »

Well he's blaming Rahm Emanuel for forcing him out.......basically instigating the probe so he had to resign since he was against the health care bill.

I thought only the pubs did that Wink
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »

He's bluffing, of course.  Pelosi would have made him vote in favor if she had to.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 10:00:07 AM »

He's bluffing, of course.  Pelosi would have made him vote in favor if she had to.

Oh he'll resign......but do you think Rahm had anything to do with it?  I definitely do.....he takes no chances.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 10:11:51 AM »

Pelosi will get the necessary votes. It's very plausible that some tactics used aren't entirely clean Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »

Pelosi will get the necessary votes. It's very plausible that some tactics used aren't entirely clean Wink

In fact, they're somewhat Rovean?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »

In fact, they're somewhat Rovean?

Certainly.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »

"And I grabbed the staff member sitting next to me and I said, 'What I really ought to be doing is frakking you,' and then tossled the guy's hair and left, went to my room, because I knew the party was getting to a point where I shouldn't be there."

I guess Massa is both a gay and a Battlestar Galactica fan.  Interesting.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »

Ok, I guess I was wrong to count him as a likely vote for health care.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »

Ok, I guess I was wrong to count him as a likely vote for health care.

No one remembered you did........til now Wink
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 01:33:29 PM »

his voice sounds believable in the radio interview
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »

"I'm naked as a jay bird, and here comes Rahm Emanuel, not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger in my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't going to vote for the president's budget. Do you know how awkward it is to have a political argument with a naked man?"

-- Rep. Eric Massa (D-NY), quoted by Roll Call, about an encounter with the White House chief of staff in the House gym.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »

"I'm naked as a jay bird, and here comes Rahm Emanuel, not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger in my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't going to vote for the president's budget. Do you know how awkward it is to have a political argument with a naked man?"

-- Rep. Eric Massa (D-NY), quoted by Roll Call, about an encounter with the White House chief of staff in the House gym.

Hey, Rahm is a good negotiator and he was giving Massa what he wanted.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 02:17:48 PM »

I need brain bleach.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »

Hey, Rahm is a good negotiator and he was giving Massa what he wanted.

Rimjo...Rimshot!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 02:27:20 PM »

I need brain bleach.

He's pissed because probably Rahm is hung like a bull and Massa has a lil turtle head.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »

I need brain bleach.

He's pissed because probably Rahm is hung like a bull and Massa has a lil turtle head.

Everyone who talks about the LBJ style of politics...LBJ's gigantic cock was a big part of his intimidation strategy.  You think Rahm's doing the same thing?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 02:33:03 PM »

I need brain bleach.

Everyone who talks about the LBJ style of politics...LBJ's gigantic cock was a big part of his intimidation strategy.  You think Rahm's doing the same thing?

I thought he did call Rahm a big dick, no?  Wink
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 03:10:29 PM »

I need brain bleach.

Don't be daft, Rahm's a jew.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »

Wait, so is this guy still on the verge of death, or was he just lying about that?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

"I have very few hard and fast rules. One of them is not to have sword fights in the morning with Rahm Emanuel."

-- Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY), in an interview on Fox Business Network, referring to former Rep. Eric Massa's (D-NY) naked confrontation with the White House chief of staff.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies