The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:20:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297446 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: September 20, 2011, 04:44:38 AM »

Obviously, with Sanchez's retirmement we'd need a new Speaker soon

*interested in*

As you are currently the only member of the Legislature, I see little potential for competition. Tongue

In this situation, we'd obviously need our viceroy using his prerogative to vote as a member.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #2001 on: September 20, 2011, 08:05:37 AM »

The bill passes unanimously, up for signature!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2002 on: September 20, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »

Lol, I'm here for few weeks, but I'm already a Dean of this body Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2003 on: September 21, 2011, 06:38:05 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2011, 06:44:00 AM by Emperor PiT »

On the Questioning the Power Bill: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #2004 on: September 21, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »

And now behold.

Legislative Vacancy Act

Whenever an Imperial Legislator did not take part in any Legislature business for seven straight days, her or his mandate shall be automatically vacated.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2005 on: September 21, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »

Obviously better than doing exhausting recall thing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2006 on: September 22, 2011, 05:16:31 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2011, 05:20:50 AM by Emperor PiT »

While nobody has brought this up yet, I am pretty sure that this bill is Constitutional, per Article II, Section 5:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Better to have these sorts of discussions than not, I say.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #2007 on: September 22, 2011, 09:23:43 AM »

True true.

I'm for it, if a legislator proves that he is unwilling to put in the work, they can't very well keep the position now, can they?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2008 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »

Well, in my view this is better than going through exhausting recall stuff, like in TG case.

Btw, little out of topic, would the Emperor consider approaching some generally active IDS citizen currently out of office with an offer to serve in the Legislature? I'm the only one left, it seems, and we can't go on this way forever.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2009 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »

Well, in my view this is better than going through exhausting recall stuff, like in TG case.

Btw, little out of topic, would the Emperor consider approaching some generally active IDS citizen currently out of office with an offer to serve in the Legislature? I'm the only one left, it seems, and we can't go on this way forever.

I've begun the process of doing just that. The issue is that generally active IDS citizens currently out of office are a species on the brink of extinction.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2010 on: September 23, 2011, 07:06:19 AM »

I've begun the process of doing just that. The issue is that generally active IDS citizens currently out of office are a species on the brink of extinction.

So that's the problem. We have a lot IDS citizens active on federal level, but when it's coming to regional level, we sucks.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2011 on: September 23, 2011, 07:10:12 AM »

So that's the problem. We have a lot IDS citizens active on federal level, but when it's coming to regional level, we sucks.

Also we have lots of people who were available in the past, but are busy or uninterested now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2012 on: September 23, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »

For the record, since I don't want to be later accused of zombie recruiting, I'm presently urging some active Atlasians of various political backgrounds to move down there.

New blood certainly helped Midwest to transform from sleepy place into active region. May work with IDS too.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2013 on: September 23, 2011, 04:25:33 PM »

Atlasia should not be some old boy's club. I see nothing wrong with recruiting people from outside Atlasia to join the region, though they should live here in real life.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2014 on: September 23, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »

The sovereign State of Georgia asks for diplomatic recognition from the Imperial Dominion of the South.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2015 on: September 23, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »

The sovereign State of Georgia asks for diplomatic recognition from the Imperial Dominion of the South.

Recogniz'd.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2016 on: September 24, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »

I never thought I'd say this, but maybe Gporter would be interested in serving? He's been active in IDS politcs before, remains active on forum.

We need every willing person to save our institutions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2017 on: September 24, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »

I never thought I'd say this, but maybe Gporter would be interested in serving? He's been active in IDS politcs before, remains active on forum.

Eh, could you approach him? After what happened last time, I'd be slightly embarrassed to do so. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2018 on: September 24, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »

Eh, could you approach him? After what happened last time, I'd be slightly embarrassed to do so. Tongue

All right (although I have no idea what happened last time Tongue)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2019 on: September 24, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »

All right (although I have no idea what happened last time Tongue)

I appointed him & then didn't vote for him. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2020 on: September 25, 2011, 10:41:47 AM »

Forgive me, please, if timing is too early, but I declare my candidacy for the new Speaker of the Legislature.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2021 on: September 25, 2011, 05:19:52 PM »

Would the legislature consider abolishing itself and returning to the days of monthly referenda on legislation? I don't know about others but personally it's been much more difficult to keep up with regional affairs when it's all cloistered together in one giant thread on a separate sub-board. Perhaps, if we want to keep a defined legislative branch, we could keep a Speaker elected from the region as a whole who would maintain the proposal thread, do the monthly vote, and have authority to put legislation on the ballot without any signatures?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2022 on: September 25, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »

Would the legislature consider abolishing itself and returning to the days of monthly referenda on legislation? I don't know about others but personally it's been much more difficult to keep up with regional affairs when it's all cloistered together in one giant thread on a separate sub-board. Perhaps, if we want to keep a defined legislative branch, we could keep a Speaker elected from the region as a whole who would maintain the proposal thread, do the monthly vote, and have authority to put legislation on the ballot without any signatures?

I opened an initiative thread once, nobody proposed anything. I see no point in returning to that lesser system when priority can be given to those who actually have some interest in regional affairs.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2023 on: September 25, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

I opened an initiative thread once, nobody proposed anything. I see no point in returning to that lesser system when priority can be given to those who actually have some interest in regional affairs.

There's not really much of a point in doing initiatives when the legislature already exists. The current system also makes it very difficult to have interest in regional affairs. I guess I'll make an effort to read back through the several dozen pages I've missed, but I think the legislature should at least be more accessible to the average voter.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2024 on: September 26, 2011, 01:42:02 AM »

There's not really much of a point in doing initiatives when the legislature already exists. The current system also makes it very difficult to have interest in regional affairs. I guess I'll make an effort to read back through the several dozen pages I've missed, but I think the legislature should at least be more accessible to the average voter.

Well everything was put on this subboard because the main Atlasia board was getting clogged with regional governmental business. If the Legislature is too inaccessible as is, how about we have a thread on the main Atlasia board that will be updated with summaries of every bill that is passed? Given the recent decline in activity in the region, I am deeply skeptical of any proposals that create new offices.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies