The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:21:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297632 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: April 30, 2011, 07:57:50 AM »

I am getting tired of waiting on the appointee. If he does not swear in by 10 PM CDT tonight, I will investigate appointing somebody else.
Bacon King is the appointee?

Aye, that he is.

I was on vacation, my laptop was broken, and I could only access the forum through my phone's dinky and slow web browser. Apologies.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1526 on: April 30, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »

Do you guys want to do a bill about the tornadoes, or just go in order that I set up the earlier bills?

BTW: I will be off from about 2:00 or 3:00  to Midnight due to my senior prom in RL. I will be back sometime
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1527 on: April 30, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »

Do you guys want to do a bill about the tornadoes, or just go in order that I set up the earlier bills?

BTW: I will be off from about 2:00 or 3:00  to Midnight due to my senior prom in RL. I will be back sometime

Considering the necessity, tornadoes. Also, have fun dude!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1528 on: April 30, 2011, 11:41:45 AM »

Just as an FWI, you have absolute power over what order bills are introduced and debated on.  I would highly suggest you go with the Tornadoes though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1529 on: April 30, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »

I am getting tired of waiting on the appointee. If he does not swear in by 10 PM CDT tonight, I will investigate appointing somebody else.
Bacon King is the appointee?

Aye, that he is.

I was on vacation, my laptop was broken, and I could only access the forum through my phone's dinky and slow web browser. Apologies.
Oh, ok. Stuff like that happens, dont worry.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1530 on: April 30, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »

Just as an FWI, you have absolute power over what order bills are introduced and debated on.  I would highly suggest you go with the Tornadoes though.

Not quite. The Imperial Speaker has the ability to put bills wherever in the queue he wants when they come up. However, any subsequent changes require the approval of the Legislature.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1531 on: April 30, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »

Not quite. The Imperial Speaker has the ability to put bills wherever in the queue he wants when they come up. However, any subsequent changes require the approval of the Legislature.
Really?  I couldn't find any mention of that in the Wiki.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1532 on: April 30, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »

Sections 1-3 from the Bill of Additions to the Standing Rules:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1533 on: April 30, 2011, 07:02:10 PM »

Sections 1-3 from the Bill of Additions to the Standing Rules:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ah, good to know.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1534 on: May 01, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »

Since nothing about the tornado has been written up yet, I am going to introduce this bill:

Age of Consent Bill

Section 1: Definitions

a. “Sexual Conduct" is defined to include acts of intercourse (vaginal or anal), oral sex (fellatio or cunnilingus), or the insertion of any other part of the body or any foreign object into the vaginal or anal opening of another person‘s body.

b. "Sexual Contact" is defined as any touching of an erogenous zone of another, including without limitation the thigh, genitals, buttock, pubic region, or, if the person is a female, a breast, for purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person.

c. “Sexual Activity” is defined as constituting either sexual conduct or sexual contact.

Section 2: Age of Consent

a. Sexual conduct with any person who is less than 16 years of age is prohibited.

b. Sexual contact with any person who is less than 14 years of age is prohibited.

c. In no case may a person be prosecuted for engaging in prohibited sexual activity pursuant to this act when the difference in age between that person and the alleged victim is less than 30 months.

d. In no case may a person be prosecuted for engaging in consensual sexual activity except pursuant to Clauses a and b of this section and this act.

Section 3: Penalties

a. Any violation of Section 2, Clause a by a person under 18 years of age shall be punished by no more than six months incarceration in a juvenile detention center.

b. Any violation of Section 2, Clause a by a person 18 years of age or older shall be punished by ten to twenty years in prison, a fine of no more than $40,000, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.

c. Any violation of Section 2, Clause b by a person under 18 years of age shall be punished by no more than four months incarceration in a juvenile detention center.

d. Any violation of Section 2, Clause b by a person 18 years of age or older shall be punished by six to fifteen years in prison, a fine of no more than $25,000, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1535 on: May 01, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »

The only problem I have with this bill is that Sections A and B of the bill mention too different ages but does not tell for which sex it is. Is it supposed to be 16 for Males or 14 for Females?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1536 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »

I know I'm not in the legislature anymore but I still say allowing 50 year old men to have sex with 14 year old girls is creepy as hell.

Also, tb75, you can introduce tornado help legislation.  If someone doesn't do something soon there will be consequences.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1537 on: May 01, 2011, 03:04:17 PM »

I know I'm not in the legislature anymore but I still say allowing 50 year old men to have sex with 14 year old girls is creepy as hell.

Also, tb75, you can introduce tornado help legislation.  If someone doesn't do something soon there will be consequences.

I really don't know what to write. If someone can give me an Idea I will do it
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1538 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »

I believe that Sexual Contact must be limited between ages. For example, it shouldn't be legal if a 50 year old man is involved, but if a 18 year old is involved, it is less weird. Until amendments (and maybe with them) are made, I will not vote for this.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1539 on: May 01, 2011, 07:36:37 PM »

50-year old men having sex with 14-year old girls would still be illegal if this bill were passed. I'll point out that 16 years is the age of consent for sexual conduct whereas 14 is the age of consent for sexual contact, both of which are defined in this bill. I'll also point out that the definitions are essentially the same as those used in the state of Ohio. I happened upon a post by Badger on the matter from back when the Senate passed a bill on the matter of age of consent.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1540 on: May 01, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »

50-year old men having sex with 14-year old girls would still be illegal if this bill were passed. I'll point out that 16 years is the age of consent for sexual conduct whereas 14 is the age of consent for sexual contact, both of which are defined in this bill. I'll also point out that the definitions are essentially the same as those used in the state of Ohio. I happened upon a post by Badger on the matter from back when the Senate passed a bill on the matter of age of consent.
Sexual contact then.  My point stands.  But I'll get out of the way now, I just popped in to say that you guys ought to straighten out your priorities before the banhammer comes down Wink Wink

Also, we need to finish up the budget.  Would one of the legislators volunteer to combine the budgets?  I don't have a lot of free time this week.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1541 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »

Sexual contact then.  My point stands.  But I'll get out of the way now, I just popped in to say that you guys ought to straighten out your priorities before the banhammer comes down Wink Wink

Also, we need to finish up the budget.  Would one of the legislators volunteer to combine the budgets?  I don't have a lot of free time this week.

What if we made that 16 as well, but widened the window of permissibility (to, say, 42 months)?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1542 on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:41 PM »

I oppose this legislation, it is too harsh, as long as both parties are consenting I don't believe there should be punishment, it may be creepy when there is a large age difference but that is where parental responsibility should kick in. Who are we to say love between two people is wrong?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1543 on: May 02, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »

I oppose this legislation, it is too harsh, as long as both parties are consenting I don't believe there should be punishment, it may be creepy when there is a large age difference but that is where parental responsibility should kick in. Who are we to say love between two people is wrong?

I don't know about punishment-wise, though age-wise it is a bit less harsh than the status quo.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1544 on: May 02, 2011, 05:27:32 PM »

I would prefer the bill just abolish any notion of statutory rape and ages of consent, but I am sure that wouldn't pass.

(What is the status quo BTW?)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1545 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:51 PM »

I would prefer the bill just abolish any notion of statutory rape and ages of consent, but I am sure that wouldn't pass.

Eliminating rape as a crime is just wrong dude
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1546 on: May 02, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »

Not to mention that it would probably get us bad stories from the SoIA's office. Tongue

Age of consent is 16. Statutory rape is a misdemeanor if the perpetrator is no more than three years older than the victim, a felony otherwise. It is punishable by 1-20 years in prison if the perp is under 21, 10-20 years in prison otherwise.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1547 on: May 02, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »

Statutory rape is different from regular rape.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1548 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »

Not to mention that it would probably get us bad stories from the SoIA's office. Tongue

Age of consent is 16. Statutory rape is a misdemeanor if the perpetrator is no more than three years older than the victim, a felony otherwise. It is punishable by 1-20 years in prison if the perp is under 21, 10-20 years in prison otherwise.
[/quote
You betcha.  In fact, if we get into another SNP (Slow News Period) I'll probably use whatever you guys do with this.  I suppose it would fit with the whole "Evil" meme, though.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1549 on: May 02, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »

Statutory rape is different from regular rape.

^^^

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies