The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:46:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 302729 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: February 26, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »

Very good.  I'll have to add the Marijuana tax to the list.

I'm going to try and focus on the budget project until it is over with but if anyone has a bill please propose it (if you aren't a legislator shoot me a PM and I'll sponsor it).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1201 on: February 26, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »

I've been very busy lately, but I should have time to commit to the budget project after the weekend is over.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1202 on: February 26, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »

Thanks to everyone for passing the bill Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1203 on: February 26, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »

I've been very busy lately, but I should have time to commit to the budget project after the weekend is over.
Same here.  I seem to have enough time to pop in on this site every now and again but not enough to work.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1204 on: February 26, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »

Same here.  I seem to have enough time to pop in on this site every now and again but not enough to work.

Same here. I browse this site to keep sane in the middle of reading about old Welsh sots. Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1205 on: March 03, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »

Proposed for Emperor PiT

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I haven't read any of these laws but, judging by the names, most of them can safely go.  Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone wants to do for our revenues like I did for our expenses over in the Budget Committee thread I would be very appreciative.  I'm going to be in and out for a while again.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1206 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »

would someone post links to these laws?

Yes, I would like to see what the laws are about before I can vote
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1207 on: March 04, 2011, 12:26:21 PM »

-Southeast Forum Elite Conspiracy Initiative, superseded by the Disbanding of Forum Elite Conspiracy Research Committee Initiative.
-Southeast Treasurer Position Creation Initiative, superseded by the Elimination of the Position of Southeast Treasurer Initiative.
-Ballot Editing Initiative, invalid for reasons explicated within the link & also partially superseded by a later amendment anyway.
-Speling Corectshun Act OR, Making Sure Nobody Makes any Jokes About Us Act, superseded by the Act to Effect the Process of Restoration of Normality in the Southeastern Region, No. 2.
-Initiative to Restore the Intent of the Founders, superseded by the Restore the Revolution Act.
-Amendment to the Abortion Initiative, superseded by the Unborn Child Protection Act.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1208 on: March 04, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »

Seeing the laws, its clear they're already repealed, so do we need an act to get them off the books?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1209 on: March 04, 2011, 01:04:34 PM »

Seeing the laws, its clear they're already repealed, so do we need an act to get them off the books?

The problem is that they have only been repealed implicitly, not explicitly. Tradition has been to leave such laws under the "passed initiatives" section, which gums it up with unnecessary entries.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1210 on: March 04, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »

I believe that some of the acts should remain in law and some should be repealed...for instance, I believe that we should have a secertary of the treasury...with the one strike your out act, I believe that the content of the bill should remain in law but the title could change...initiative to restore intent of fouders...I don't think it is the intent of the founders, I believe that bill is the intent of those that lead the legislature...I do not support the region being known as the "dirty south"...what is so dirty about us? I think the region should be known simply as the southeast region...another comment (this ones a question) was the southeast forum elite conspiracy initiative just put in place for something at the current time?...did it have any long term effects?...

They're not in law, however. Those are all laws that are no longer in force. Of course we could discuss bringing them back, which would involve repealing the laws that superseded them.

As for the Forum Elite Conspiracy, I know very little about it, except that it was a major issue in Atlasia back in 2005-2006. You'd have to ask somebody who was involved in Atlasia during that time.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1211 on: March 04, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »

I support eliminating all of these except the voting act, which should not be eliminated, because the voter's right should not be tampered with
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1212 on: March 04, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2011, 08:14:43 PM by Emperor PiT »

I support eliminating all of these except the voting act, which should not be eliminated, because the voter's right should not be tampered with

As the notes in the link specify, it would require an amendment to actually enact the provisions of that initiative, so we might as well eliminate the initiative anyway. No matter what we do, it's useless in its current state.

I'd suggest giving the responsibility to the Emperor, Viceroy, Attorney General, or Judicial Overlord as any of them see fit, since leaving it with one very specific office alters someone's right to vote based on whether the relevant authority happens to be online at the time. This helps reduce it. Also, I would note that currently voters have an hour after they vote to edit their ballot in all regional elections.

This brings up another thought that I had recently, which is to change the amendment procedure to mandate that any amendment proposed first be approved by the Legislature. It seems quite odd to me that the Legislature currently plays no role in passing amendments.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1213 on: March 04, 2011, 06:40:14 PM »

As PiT explicitly noted, every single one of those laws have been superseded.  Their only remaining function is taking up bandwith.  I don't see why we should keep any of them around.

Sounds good, I will propose that in bill format after we vote on the current proposal.  Taft, I'm ready to vote whenever tb75 and GPORTER are.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1214 on: March 04, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

As PiT explicitly noted, every single one of those laws have been superseded.  Their only remaining function is taking up bandwith.  I don't see why we should keep any of them around.

Sounds good, I will propose that in bill format after we vote on the current proposal.  Taft, I'm ready to vote whenever tb75 and GPORTER are.
Yes I'm ready 2 vote...not sayin how I will vote yet...but Mr. Speaker don't get angry if I vote in the negative lol...
You could always proofread before posting.  And we're not texting, laddy.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1215 on: March 04, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »

As PiT explicitly noted, every single one of those laws have been superseded.  Their only remaining function is taking up bandwith.  I don't see why we should keep any of them around.

Sounds good, I will propose that in bill format after we vote on the current proposal.  Taft, I'm ready to vote whenever tb75 and GPORTER are.

Though the point of my comment is that proposing it in bill format does nothing currently. Tongue I suppose it's good to start on doing it in such a fashion, for symbolic reasons.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1216 on: March 05, 2011, 04:48:46 PM »

As the notes in the link specify, it would require an amendment to actually enact the provisions of that initiative, so we might as well eliminate the initiative anyway. No matter what we do, it's useless in its current state.

I'd suggest giving the responsibility to the Emperor, Viceroy, Attorney General, or Judicial Overlord as any of them see fit, since leaving it with one very specific office alters someone's right to vote based on whether the relevant authority happens to be online at the time. This helps reduce it. Also, I would note that currently voters have an hour after they vote to edit their ballot in all regional elections.

This brings up another thought that I had recently, which is to change the amendment procedure to mandate that any amendment proposed first be approved by the Legislature. It seems quite odd to me that the Legislature currently plays no role in passing amendments.

Oh, i'm ready to vote then
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1217 on: March 05, 2011, 11:53:45 PM »

Sorry, late day, this bill is now available for voting.

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1218 on: March 06, 2011, 10:12:42 AM »

Aye.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1219 on: March 06, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »

Aye
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1220 on: March 06, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »

The bill is unanimously approved, up for signature!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1221 on: March 07, 2011, 01:38:28 AM »

On the End To Superseded And Unenforceable Laws Gumming Up The Books Act: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1222 on: March 09, 2011, 02:54:33 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2011, 02:59:09 AM by Emperor PiT »

On the issue of the postulated amendment, here's my idea: we 1) allow the Legislature to propose an amendment, which will then go to a region-wide vote & pass with 2/3rds voting in the affirmative, or 2) allow the Emperor, Viceroy, or any three private citizens propose an amendment, which will then go to a region-wide vote & pass with 3/4ths voting in the affirmative. How does that sound?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1223 on: March 09, 2011, 04:23:59 PM »

Option 1 sounds good.  I'll edit this with a proposal in a sec.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1224 on: March 09, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »

I'm sure this could use some editing but I got to go.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies