Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:39:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elections  (Read 1599 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2004, 11:53:44 PM »

After voting on and approving the constitution sometime in the near future we need to talk about when we will have Senate & Gubernotorial elections.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 12:05:44 AM »

Yeah, if we have a 4 month term for President, having midterm elections after 2 months would make sense.
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 01:06:06 AM »

This is an issue that I believe should be in the Constitution......as to when the Senatorial elections will be held....and in what manner........however......I think the Regions should have all control of Gubernatorial elections.....no need to include anything in the Constitution about Gubernatorial races......let the regions decide.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 02:42:08 AM »

put somethign like it is the responsiblity of the indiviual regions to set up elections
Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 02:50:57 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2004, 02:52:01 AM by Demrepdan »

put somethign like it is the responsiblity of the indiviual regions to set up elections

I don't know about the Progressive's Constitution.....but there IS a clause such as that in my constitution......two in fact.......

Article IV
Members from within their regions shall have total control of how Gubernatorial elections shall
be administered within their own regions. Governors shall be the Chief Representative from their
respective region thereof.  Governors also have the power to fill in a Senate seat from their region if it were to ever become vacant. Regions may also create other positions within their own regions, and may set their election rules however they wish. Regions shall not pass any law that sets elections rules for federal positions.

and also in....
Amendment IV
Section 1. Each region has the right to govern themselves and carry out regional elections as they wish. They may have as many elected or appointed Regional Positions as they so choose. However, they must have a Governor to govern the region and act as the Chief Representative of the respective region. No region is to contradict any law set forth in the Constitution regarding federal elections. No region is to contradict any law set forth in the Constitution regarding the rights of voters, or the rights of candidates as stated in the second amendment.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 02:56:05 AM »

We need one body to run the elections nationwide. If two regions have preferential voting, another has yes/no or "acceptable" votes, and two have first past the post, thats screwed up. Also, we won't have enough nonpartisan people to count votes for all the regions.

We need a nationwide system of electing a leader. preferably a preferential system, too; as it is more quitable, and means that a voters intentions are actually recognized.

Elections for governors and other regional posts can also be run by this body, although I can see the argument for the regions running these ones. but Presidential and Senatorial elections MUST be run by a nationwide method.
dunn

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 05:19:15 AM »

I find it amazing that some guys including the president did not even read the out-of-their-party constitutional drafts.
some of the ideas are there.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies