FYI to Atlasia: List of users confirmed to be using informal proxies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:19:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FYI to Atlasia: List of users confirmed to be using informal proxies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: FYI to Atlasia: List of users confirmed to be using informal proxies  (Read 12094 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 04:19:06 AM »

Why? I just doubt the rot is that far embedded - segway and silent_spade certainly don't seem like the sort of people who would use proxies given their actual contributions to Atlasia.

Silent_spade seems legitimate, but segway is almost certainly a sock, IMO.

If Spade is legitimate, that would mean a 17-16 victory for me, by my count. So while the votes may be unfair, the outcome was not.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 04:22:46 AM »

Why? I just doubt the rot is that far embedded - segway and silent_spade certainly don't seem like the sort of people who would use proxies given their actual contributions to Atlasia.

If Spade is legitimate, that would mean a 17-16 victory for me, by my count. So while the votes may be unfair, the outcome was not.

I didn't say he was legitimate....just that he appears more legitimate than the other trolls.

In reality, you can't do anything about it, and you did win the election, regardless of the troll situation. Whether or not it's a mandate is debatable...but just do your work the best you can and show your region why you are worthy, is my advice.

Nobody can blame you for the fiasco.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 04:25:16 AM »

Forgive little old me for asking this obvious question, but, how could Alcon actually be wrong about this and these posters actually aren't using proxies? Because that seems like something not only that Alcon is good at, but if it was an easy mistake to make, it would've most likely been made with others outside this very obviously suspicious group.

I'm not accusing Winston of cheating or anything nor do I really think he knew about it even if for the sake of argument, all of them are Hamilton or other socks. However, we can't just make exceptions for certain posters just because we feel like it especially if it contradicts what Alcon's said. He's a moderator, and as far as we're all concerned, they are all proxies. Socks is up for debate, but their use of proxies seems like an open and shut..
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 04:27:40 AM »

Yeah, I'm not blaming Winston for winning.  Though you should have saw this coming.  It is shocking to nobody.  You sleep with dogs blah blah.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 04:27:58 AM »

Forgive little old me for asking this obvious question, but, how could Alcon actually be wrong about this and these posters actually aren't using proxies? Because that seems like something not only that Alcon is good at, but if it was an easy mistake to make, it would've most likely been made with others outside this very obviously suspicious group.

I'm not accusing Winston of cheating or anything nor do I really think he knew about it even if for the sake of argument, all of them are Hamilton or other socks. However, we can't just make exceptions for certain posters just because we feel like it especially if it contradicts what Alcon's said. He's a moderator, and as far as we're all concerned, they are all proxies. Socks is up for debate, but their use of proxies seems like an open and shut..

We haven't been given names yet. And even if they were using proxies, we don't know whether they actually used socks or not - that may be harder to find out.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 04:29:58 AM »

Yeah I agree.

We so desperately need the proxie voting ban.....but I have another idea:

How about we also ban registering to vote with a proxie. In that case we at least have an IP address for the registration and if any vote cast is suspect, we can compare it to registrations.

That would make it easier to prove socks and voter fraud.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 04:30:57 AM »

We haven't been given names yet. And even if they were using proxies, we don't know whether they actually used socks or not - that may be harder to find out.

I've received a request to post this.  After receiving an anonymous tip, we reviewed several accounts as possible socks.  The results confirmed that the following users are using proxies not affiliated with any legitimate proxy software:

Electric Feel (now banned as a confirmed sock)
geraldford76 (Jensen, The Last Moderate)
Angry Mob (segwaystyle2012)
Silent Spade (silent_spade07)
Vane
true liberty
RooseveltRepublican

I've been told that this may impact the results of an Atlasia election, so I'm posting it here.

In addition, Vane and true liberty share an IP address.

We'll be looking for more of these over time, but I would strongly suggest Atlasia work on some legislation requiring that those using proxies post at least once from a real IP address (even if it's a public library) to verify they aren't lying about their geography (and aren't socks.)

Aren't those names?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2010, 04:32:14 AM »

Personally speaking, I have little doubt that Silent_Spade is illegitimate.  At best, if his story is true (which I strongly doubt) he's been hiding the fact that he's Hamilton's roommate.  At worst, which for reasons I can't divulge yet is almost certainly true, he's just Hamilton.

These are all definitely proxies, though, there's no question of that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 04:33:08 AM »

Yeah I agree.

We so desperately need the proxie voting ban.....but I have another idea:

How about we also ban registering to vote with a proxie. In that case we at least have an IP address for the registration and if any vote cast is suspect, we can compare it to registrations.

That would make it easier to prove socks and voter fraud.

Personally I don't see a rationale for needing a proxy to post from at all. Not a good one anyway.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 04:34:23 AM »

Well, I guess they are, but even so we don't really know if they're socks or not.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 04:34:47 AM »

Ok so I think all of this lame (IP checks, who cares?  You guys act like an actual crime has been committed) and I don't give a damn who wins fantasy elections.  I actually don't care for the cult that is this place-I just like the occasional discussions and the archive of results is interesting.

NOW, since I've got that out of the way, I'm posting this stuff because Hamilton wants me to. 

message from hamilton: silent spade is a dormmate whose account was created but never used by the poster known as vane, who has posted from his legit IP address. since my high school buddy didnt use the account, i gave the username and password to the current silent spade and the only one who has posted from the account. he plays the game indepently and is clearly a serious and dedicated poster who i wish not to get caught up in my shenanigans.  i had talked to masterjedi prior to his posting on the forum about whether or not it was allowed and he said it was but i told him to block the ip to be safe. true liberty is indeed out mutual friend who lives on the first floor of our hall and has a sincere interest in politics.  vane is my friend back in bakersfield (where i dont live fyi) and has posted from there at the same time my account "thehype" was posting from another city. when i was talking to bgwah about this before alcon made this thread, i told him about roosevelt republican using a name i once had as a display name and making similar posts and having a similar PM score and being a new england republican, traits shared with geraldford76. these accounts have no association with me whatsoever and i believe these are actually people trying to pretend to be me or socks of me. what they must not know is that MY personal accounts have not blocked IPs, not johnnyboy or swingvoter or thehype or electricfeel.  none of them. segway, who knows, but ive conversed with him on aim so it aint me, same for libertas, wherever hes posting from, note that libertas' pm to me was the only reason i ever stayed on the forum so i doubt id be PMing myself. why am i writing this? i think this is a legitimate concern. i shouldnt have had three people block their IPs, true. the same three people, though, would have been assumed to be me anyways due to location.  so silent spade and true liberty go to my school and vane went to my high school but lives in a different city from me. none of them are the same person but two of them would have my IP if i hadnt told them to block it. segway, no idea but he is a crazy libertarian who is obsessed with government tracking and patriot act and sh**t. the others (geraldford and roosevelt republican) are people pretending to be me and i really hope someone finds who it is.  i understand the concerns, i really do, but ive shown before that i am not one who would want to have two accounts voting (the swing voter debacle). i guess this could be compared to cookies and milk but its different because spade and tl arent here jsut to serve as vote slaves.  id like to point that confirmed socks like IWW (sewer) and KTC (jsoj) have been in our party and we had already had someone message roosevelt repub... so is the nature of a forum full of trolls where the good posters get banned and the trolls get free reign. dont worry about me though, i will be back very soon (and using my legit IP, like always).
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 04:35:30 AM »

Well, I guess they are, but even so we don't really know if they're socks or not.

Look, nobody gains anything by trying to deny probable facts. Don't you think it's at all suspicious?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 04:36:41 AM »

Ok so I think all of this lame (IP checks, who cares?  You guys act like an actual crime has been committed) and I don't give a damn who wins fantasy elections.  I actually don't care for the cult that is this place-I just like the occasional discussions and the archive of results is interesting.

NOW, since I've got that out of the way, I'm posting this stuff because Hamilton wants me to. 

message from hamilton: silent spade is a dormmate whose account was created but never used by the poster known as vane, who has posted from his legit IP address. since my high school buddy didnt use the account, i gave the username and password to the current silent spade and the only one who has posted from the account. he plays the game indepently and is clearly a serious and dedicated poster who i wish not to get caught up in my shenanigans.  i had talked to masterjedi prior to his posting on the forum about whether or not it was allowed and he said it was but i told him to block the ip to be safe. true liberty is indeed out mutual friend who lives on the first floor of our hall and has a sincere interest in politics.  vane is my friend back in bakersfield (where i dont live fyi) and has posted from there at the same time my account "thehype" was posting from another city. when i was talking to bgwah about this before alcon made this thread, i told him about roosevelt republican using a name i once had as a display name and making similar posts and having a similar PM score and being a new england republican, traits shared with geraldford76. these accounts have no association with me whatsoever and i believe these are actually people trying to pretend to be me or socks of me. what they must not know is that MY personal accounts have not blocked IPs, not johnnyboy or swingvoter or thehype or electricfeel.  none of them. segway, who knows, but ive conversed with him on aim so it aint me, same for libertas, wherever hes posting from, note that libertas' pm to me was the only reason i ever stayed on the forum so i doubt id be PMing myself. why am i writing this? i think this is a legitimate concern. i shouldnt have had three people block their IPs, true. the same three people, though, would have been assumed to be me anyways due to location.  so silent spade and true liberty go to my school and vane went to my high school but lives in a different city from me. none of them are the same person but two of them would have my IP if i hadnt told them to block it. segway, no idea but he is a crazy libertarian who is obsessed with government tracking and patriot act and sh**t. the others (geraldford and roosevelt republican) are people pretending to be me and i really hope someone finds who it is.  i understand the concerns, i really do, but ive shown before that i am not one who would want to have two accounts voting (the swing voter debacle). i guess this could be compared to cookies and milk but its different because spade and tl arent here jsut to serve as vote slaves.  id like to point that confirmed socks like IWW (sewer) and KTC (jsoj) have been in our party and we had already had someone message roosevelt repub... so is the nature of a forum full of trolls where the good posters get banned and the trolls get free reign. dont worry about me though, i will be back very soon (and using my legit IP, like always).

Does he think we're that stupid?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 04:37:13 AM »

Look, nobody gains anything by trying to deny probable facts. Don't you think it's at all suspicious?

Of course I think it's suspicious. Any time anything like this crops up it's suspicious. All I'm saying is, we don't know the ins and outs of all this.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 04:40:58 AM »

Does he think we're that stupid?

He insisted I post it and it was annoying to copy and paste.  Based on that alone, I'd say he's serious. 

He's totally serious.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 04:44:01 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2010, 04:50:15 AM by East Coast Republican »

I'd also like to use this thread to point out that I have been vindicated.  I'm not a sock and I don't use a proxy.

I'm very real, Conservative and know what I'm talking about.  I'm a nightmare to most of this forum.  No wonder some moderators are working hard to see me kicked off.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 04:45:15 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2010, 04:47:05 AM by Alcon »

Uh, so:

Admitted Connections
* silent_spade - A dormmate, although the account was originally registered by Vane for Hamilton's high school friend.

* Vane - Friend from back in Bakersfield, who allegedly posted during the same time "thehype" (a known Hamilton sock) was posting from a different city.

* true liberty - Mutual friend living in the first floor of the dorm.

Denied Connections
* RooseveltRepublican - "Uses a name [Hamilton] once used a display name" and other similarities, but claims to be completely unrelated.  Hamilton claims this guy is just pretending to be him.

* geraldford76/Jensen/The Last Moderate - Ditto.

* segwaystyle2012/Angry Mob - "Who knows," have talked to him on AIM.

For what it's worth, I know concretely at least several details in here are lies on Hamilton's part.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 04:48:10 AM »

Ugh. I'm going for a drink.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 04:49:05 AM »

Dudes, we totally need to make Alcon Attorney General. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 04:52:08 AM »

Given Hamilton's penchant for compulsive lying, I see absolutely no reason to give any consideration to his own comments on this matter.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 06:36:05 AM »

You guys got rid of ElectricFeel? Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »

These posters must be banned. Now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 07:12:38 AM »

You guys got rid of ElectricFeel? Sad

He was a Hamilton sock account.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:45 AM »

Ok, dude, chill out.

Still doesn't make election fair, regardless if you'd win with "real" votes only or with sock ones. We can't outs you until your term expires (and I'll do whatever I can to kick you out by legal means Tongue)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2010, 07:57:04 AM »

Ok, dude, chill out.

Still doesn't make election fair, regardless if you'd win with "real" votes only or with sock ones. We can't outs you until your term expires (and I'll do whatever I can to kick you out by legal means Tongue)

It wasn't fair but the outcome was the same. And I'd appreciate it if you stopped trying to escalate this, I'm already considering resigning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies