The Recall Election of Senator Migrendel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:56:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Recall Election of Senator Migrendel
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Recall Election of Senator Migrendel  (Read 635 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2004, 12:08:58 PM »

The Federal Activity Bill was denied repeal and renewed after 2 weeks of voting. Senator Migrendel has missed enough votes to be recalled. According to the bill, Senator Migrendel's recall will be the weekend of October 29th. The ballot will consist of 2 sections:
Recall? "Yes" or "No" and the candidates for replacement.

Any candidates seeking to replace the senator must submit an announcement of candidacy by the Secretary of Forum Affairs before Friday. If Migrendel returns before the recall election, the recall election will still be held, but he can campaign to keep his seat.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 02:03:09 PM »

Election to be held this coming weekend using the usual 72-hour time frame for elections.  Candidates from district 2 needed! 
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 04:01:12 PM »

Am I able to run?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 04:27:06 PM »

Yep.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 04:31:53 PM »

As the constitutionality of the Federal Activity Act has been called into question, I am going to delay any recall election for one week, until the weekend of November 5th.  If the Supreme Court has not resolved these questions by that time, we will proceed with the recall election.

I urge the President to appoint a Justice forthwith, the Senate to confirm the appointment, and the Court to quickly resolve both matters currently before it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 04:35:45 PM »

As the constitutionality of the Federal Activity Act has been called into question, I am going to delay any recall election for one week, until the weekend of November 5th.  If the Supreme Court has not resolved these questions by that time, we will proceed with the recall election.

I urge the President to appoint a Justice forthwith, the Senate to confirm the appointment, and the Court to quickly resolve both matters currently before it.

JFK says he was going to be gone for a little bit after the election. So we can either wait or have Acting President Andrew do the honors.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 04:40:51 PM »

JFK says he was going to be gone for a little bit after the election. So we can either wait or have Acting President Andrew do the honors.

As much as I would like to, and ensure that there is no stalemate in our democracy I will not appoint a new Justice without consent of JFK. I believe it is not my place...I'm not gonna pull a Haig here Wink
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 06:32:51 PM »

I hereby declare my candidacy for the Senate in the recall election.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 07:00:17 PM »

Go Mas!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies