Pro-Life Movement Reaches Out to Blacks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:49:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Pro-Life Movement Reaches Out to Blacks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pro-Life Movement Reaches Out to Blacks  (Read 1720 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

I thought this thread was about Trent Franks' recent comments.

What comments?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »

Right, because millions of black women going to abortion clinics ON THEIR OWN ACCORD is the same as forced racial eugenics?
Nobody is holding a gun to their head forcing them into these clinics.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »

Right, because millions of black women going to abortion clinics ON THEIR OWN ACCORD is the same as forced racial eugenics?
Nobody is holding a gun to their head forcing them into these clinics.

I suspect it may be difficult for some to comprehend that human beings are volitional animals. Wink
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2010, 11:24:50 PM »

So let's suppose that the pro-life movement succeeds in galvanizing an anti-abortion movement within key racial and ethnic constituencies within the Democratic Party (e.g. African-Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, etc.) -how would that affect the party as a whole?

I would tentatively guess that minorities are less likely to vote on petty social issues like that in the first place.  (I mean, Republicans will often claim that blacks in particular are actually quite socially conservative.  I suppose if you repeat a lie enough times, it eventually becomes truth.)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 11:46:45 PM »

So let's suppose that the pro-life movement succeeds in galvanizing an anti-abortion movement within key racial and ethnic constituencies within the Democratic Party (e.g. African-Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, etc.) -how would that affect the party as a whole?

I would tentatively guess that minorities are less likely to vote on petty social issues like that in the first place.  (I mean, Republicans will often claim that blacks in particular are actually quite socially conservative.  I suppose if you repeat a lie enough times, it eventually becomes truth.)

Explain Proposition 8 then.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 01:03:53 AM »

The media version of what happened there is quite different from what actually happened.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »

Explain Proposition 8 then.

They are pretty conservative.  Prop 8 is a example of how most people outside of the gay community do not understand that theres a huge gap between  the black gay community and the white one.  Its very segregated.    Come here to ATL - buckhead/midtown and observe.    Its just different when it comes to the two.     
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies