About Cain and Able, and Evolution
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:18:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  About Cain and Able, and Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: About Cain and Able, and Evolution  (Read 2471 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »

So the Bible says God created Adam and Eva from whom all humans are decended.

Evolutionists on the other hand claim that we're decended from apes.

Now there's a lot of fighting and arguing over which one of these theories is the correct one between pius Bible believers and ordinary people. Both groups refuse to aknowlege that the either theory is remotly possible, so this is a fight that seem to be going on to the end of time.

However I have found the answer. Now according to the Bible, Adam and Eva had two sons, Cain and Abel. It has long been asked how on Earth, if Adam and Eva only had two sons, could there have been any more humans.

Well it's very simple. Cain and Able had children with monkeys. Thus both the evolutionists are correct in saying we decend from apes, and the Bible believers in saying we decend from Adam and Eva.

I'm ready to accept my Nobel prize for this great discovery.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »

Abel, not Able.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »

Now according to the Bible, Adam and Eva had two sons, Cain and Abel. It has long been asked how on Earth, if Adam and Eva only had two sons, could there have been any more humans.

Gen 5:4 "After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters."
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 07:44:15 PM »

Now according to the Bible, Adam and Eva had two sons, Cain and Abel. It has long been asked how on Earth, if Adam and Eva only had two sons, could there have been any more humans.

Gen 5:4 "After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters."

Oh so they had sex with their sisters then? Actually even married them apperently Gen 4:17 specificly says Cain had a wife with whom he fathered Hanok.

Does this mean I can marry my sister? That'd be very simple, we wouldn't have to fight over who's parents home to spend Christmas at.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »

The rules were different in the past.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »

Oh so they had sex with their sisters then? Actually even married them apperently Gen 4:17 specificly says Cain had a wife with whom he fathered Hanok.

Does this mean I can marry my sister? That'd be very simple, we wouldn't have to fight over who's parents home to spend Christmas at.

incest served its purpose and has been done away with from the time of Moses' Law and is forbidden in the New Testament.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 07:55:22 PM »

Have you even read the Bible jmfcst?

1st Peter 1:25 clearly says "God's word is forever" His rules never change. If incest is wrong now, it was also wrong then.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 07:59:34 PM »

Have you even read the Bible jmfcst?

1st Peter 1:25 clearly says "God's word is forever" His rules never change. If incest is wrong now, it was also wrong then.

yes I have read the bible, the whole thing, and several times.

1pet 2:25 does NOT say God's law has never changed.  I can walk you through Genesis alone and find laws changing: diet being the best example - man didn't start eating meat until Noah stepped off the Ark.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »

Clearly Jmfcst, you have mistaken God for Mitt Romney. God doesn't flip-flop on his positions. He is almighty and allknowing, and his word is his law, so if his words are forever, his law is forever. Why would God need to change the rules unless God is unperfect? We both know God is perfect, so his rules need not change.

It is indeed true that man didn't eat meat until after the Ark, but that has nothing to do with God changing the rules. He gives man the right to eat animals as a gift to them. My father can give me a gift as well, but that doesn't mean he changes the rules. Where in the Bible previous to Gen 9 does it say that man is forbidden from eating meat?

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »

Stop trolling.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »

Adam lived for 800 years?!  Good grief, the Bible's authors certainly had vivid imaginations.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »

I note jmfcst became awfully silent. Am I to take this as he's feeling defeated?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »

*bangs head against the wall repeatedly*

No. No they don't. If you're going to try your hand at bashing religion at least use facts that are actually true to do it. Also, spelling words correctly might help.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 11:56:51 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2010, 11:58:38 PM by jmfcst »

I note jmfcst became awfully silent. Am I to take this as he's feeling defeated?

Gen 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

Gen 9:1  Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

seems pretty clear to me that in Gen 1, God gave the plants as food...then in Gen 9, as he GAVE (past-tense) the plants, he NOW GIVES (present tense) meat.  (also notice that Noah was allowed to eat all meats, but the dietary restriction against unclean meats wasn't given until Moses)

sounds like a change of diet to me...but, hey, I'm not going to argue the obvious...the thread is yours
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 12:02:04 AM »

*bangs head against the wall repeatedly*

No. No they don't. If you're going to try your hand at bashing religion at least use facts that are actually true to do it. Also, spelling words correctly might help.

Dibble take it easy, no need to crush your head against that wall. I'd be a pity to have a sensible poster break his head.

First I'm not trying to bash religion. Religion like all things has good and bad sides. I happen to believe in both God, and Jesus and is therefor myself religious. What I'm trying to mock (rather than bash) though is the Bible, and the fact that some people take it too literally.

As for evolution, if I'm not completely lost, a true evolutionist would say that humans are a sort of ape, that through mutations and natural selection has formed a new species but that still is in the family known as apes, so we'd not just be decended from them, we'd still be apes. Still it's a pretty accepted simplification to say that we evolved from apes.

What my spelling is concerned, I'm more than aware that it isn't perfect, so simply pointing out that fact won't do any good. If my mistakes bug you, I suggest you point them out, and I'll do my best not to repeat them. At least that'd be what I'd do if someone who did not have Swedish as a first language was making mistakes while trying to write the language.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:32 AM »

Incorrect. Humans are hominids.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »

Gen 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

Gen 9:1  Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

seems pretty clear to me that in Gen 1, God gave the plants as food...then in Gen 9, as he GAVE (past-tense) the plants, he NOW GIVES (present tense) meat.  (also notice that Noah was allowed to eat all meats, but the dietary restriction against unclean meats wasn't given until Moses)

sounds like a change of diet to me...but, hey, I'm not going to argue the obvious...the thread is yours

Humans chaning their diet does not equal God changing his laws.

Actually your post just proves what I was saying, that God  gave humans the right to eat meat as a gift. Now if my dad gives me a piece of chocolate and says, here you can eat this, he isn't changing a single rule.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »

And hominds are apes, no? Tongue

Of course I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong if I'm wrong.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 01:14:54 AM »

Adam lived for 800 years?!  Good grief, the Bible's authors certainly had vivid imaginations.

In the OT (specifically the Torah), extreme longevity was used as a way to communicate the idea that people were very blessed... it quickly disappeared after those original writings had been taken down, and attitudes toward Earthly blessing changed.  The point they are getting accross is just that this was someone who had God's favor (yes, even in Adam's case).
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 01:19:27 AM »

Gen 9:1  Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

seems pretty clear to me that in Gen 1, God gave the plants as food...then in Gen 9, as he GAVE (past-tense) the plants, he NOW GIVES (present tense) meat.  (also notice that Noah was allowed to eat all meats, but the dietary restriction against unclean meats wasn't given until Moses)

Humans chaning their diet does not equal God changing his laws.

Actually your post just proves what I was saying, that God  gave humans the right to eat meat as a gift. Now if my dad gives me a piece of chocolate and says, here you can eat this, he isn't changing a single rule.

So, you weren't convinced that God established their diet orginally based on plants and then changed it to include meat?  Then I'm going to give you an explicit pointblank example where the bible says the law of God changed - it has to do with the our High Priest Jesus Christ being of the tribe of Judah and not of the tribe of Levi as the Law of Moses required:

Heb 7:11 "If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come—one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. 13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar."
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 09:17:31 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2010, 09:19:21 AM by Governor Swedish Cheese »

Ok right, I think I'm following you now.

Levitical law isn't perfect, and can be changed. Even though the word of God is forever, his law can change just like you need to change the priest once the old one pass away. But then how can we trust Levitical law at all? How do we know which laws God still intends us to follow? I mean some people try to claim that Leviticus 18:22 isn't valid anymore... so if God's law is relative, how do we know these people aren't correct when they say that Leviticus 18:22 isn't valid any longer.

I mean Leviticus 18:6 to 18:16 clearly states that no form of incest should take place, but if God at one point found incest acceptable, what is to say he don't find or found homosexuality acceptable at one point as well? Or to tie back to my original theory about Cain, Abel and the monkeys, how do we know that God always held Leviticus 18:23 as a law, and didn't make an exception to the rule that man should not sleep with animals in order for Cain and Abel to breed without having sex with their sisters?

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »

Adam lived for 800 years?!  Good grief, the Bible's authors certainly had vivid imaginations.

In the OT (specifically the Torah), extreme longevity was used as a way to communicate the idea that people were very blessed... it quickly disappeared after those original writings had been taken down, and attitudes toward Earthly blessing changed.  The point they are getting accross is just that this was someone who had God's favor (yes, even in Adam's case).

Interestingly, Tolkien used the same literary tool for the 'good' humans of Middle Earth.  Aragorn, for example, lived to the age of 210.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »

Adam lived for 800 years?!  Good grief, the Bible's authors certainly had vivid imaginations.

In the OT (specifically the Torah), extreme longevity was used as a way to communicate the idea that people were very blessed... it quickly disappeared after those original writings had been taken down, and attitudes toward Earthly blessing changed.  The point they are getting accross is just that this was someone who had God's favor (yes, even in Adam's case).

Interestingly, Tolkien used the same literary tool for the 'good' humans of Middle Earth.  Aragorn, for example, lived to the age of 210.

That's plagiarism. God should totally sue.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »

Dibble take it easy, no need to crush your head against that wall. I'd be a pity to have a sensible poster break his head.

So... I should break yours instead? Interesting. I'll consider that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bashing the Bible is bashing a religion. You can't get around that. I don't disagree that the book is ridiculous.

It's not a simplification that's accepted by anyone who understands evolutionary theory. People who don't understand the model that evolution presents, particularly creationists, are the ones that tend to say that evolution says we evolved from apes or monkeys. What evolutionary theory actually states is that we share a common ancestor with apes and monkeys. The modern species we see today most likely did not exist when that ancestor species was still walking the Earth.

Descended, not decended. There's a built in spell checker you can use for posting as well.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »

So... I should break yours instead? Interesting. I'll consider that.

Why don't you just do what I do when I'm mad... break your alarm clock.

Of course I understand that. I do not think that we are evolved from orangutans or chimpanzees or any modern ape, as their species have evolved as much as humans have. So I completely understand that. The species of apes living back then, would still be a form of ape though, even if it's not a modern ape. I admit that "Humans descended from apes" is not a sentence my Biology teacher would accept in a paper on evolution, however considering that this post was aimed at creationists, I think it appropriet that I use their terms and language.   
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies