Opinion of JSojourner
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of JSojourner
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: ...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Opinion of JSojourner  (Read 15473 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »

You guys are too kind.  Thank you.  

I have been and can be a first class dick sometimes.  Just ask my family and friends.  (Or Libertas...and he's really not wrong...I don't like it about myself but I can be smug.)

And God help you when I get silly and let the inner child out to play.  I actually ENJOYED Walter Mitty's series of polls about bathroom habits.  

As to Torie and I being the subject of a old guy buddy movie, someone must have some inside information.  It's Grumpy Old Men 3 and the third old fart in the film is our own Grumpy Gramps.  Here is an early screen cap...

The fat on the left is yours truly. Grumpy Gramps is in the middle, about to vomit from the drunken toot he went on the night before.  At the right is Torie, who is trying to remember the name of the twenty-something lady he intensely pleasured the night before.

I'm seeing that when it comes out.  Do the three of you get into wacky adventures and have a falling out, only to learn the true meaning of friendship?  Do you recreate Three Stooges routines?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »

he comes to the defense ("defence" for you Brits) of jmfcst way too often...obviously JSJ is a HP.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »

Not a CINO, like others here. 
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 12:42:47 PM »

You guys are too kind.  Thank you.  

I have been and can be a first class dick sometimes.  Just ask my family and friends.  (Or Libertas...and he's really not wrong...I don't like it about myself but I can be smug.)

And God help you when I get silly and let the inner child out to play.  I actually ENJOYED Walter Mitty's series of polls about bathroom habits.  

As to Torie and I being the subject of a old guy buddy movie, someone must have some inside information.  It's Grumpy Old Men 3 and the third old fart in the film is our own Grumpy Gramps.  Here is an early screen cap...

The fat on the left is yours truly. Grumpy Gramps is in the middle, about to vomit from the drunken toot he went on the night before.  At the right is Torie, who is trying to remember the name of the twenty-something lady he intensely pleasured the night before.

I'm seeing that when it comes out.  Do the three of you get into wacky adventures and have a falling out, only to learn the true meaning of friendship?  Do you recreate Three Stooges routines?

I can't reveal too many secrets but there is a great deal of napping.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

Agreed.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »

A christian who has actually read the bible. While I disagree with his big government philosophy I at least respect the fact that he is true to the teachings of his beliefs instead of trumpeting around the fact that he is what he says he is while going against the teachings of his own doctrine. Sure, I may be an atheist libertarian, but I have seen enough quotes from the bible to know that Jesus would've been a bleedingheart liberal, at least on economics.
And like so many others have said he's a nice respectable guy, so FF.

Pretty much this. I've had a couple arguments with him in the past, but he never lost his composure.
KeeptheChange
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »

I've been looking over his posts and some others when I see such favorable ratings.  Sorry.  I just don't get it.  He is a far left redistributionist and a slave to political correctness.  He makes excuses for every kind of immoral behavior you can imagine and then he has the gall to call himself a Christian. 

I must be missing something here.  What's with the love fest?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »

A christian who has actually read the bible. While I disagree with his big government philosophy I at least respect the fact that he is true to the teachings of his beliefs instead of trumpeting around the fact that he is what he says he is while going against the teachings of his own doctrine. Sure, I may be an atheist libertarian, but I have seen enough quotes from the bible to know that Jesus would've been a bleedingheart liberal, at least on economics.
And like so many others have said he's a nice respectable guy, so FF.

Pretty much this. I've had a couple arguments with him in the past, but he never lost his composure.

Indeed. I have a very different view of things from him, but he is both true to his beliefs & respectful of others.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »

I've been looking over his posts and some others when I see such favorable ratings.  Sorry.  I just don't get it.  He is a far left redistributionist and a slave to political correctness.  He makes excuses for every kind of immoral behavior you can imagine and then he has the gall to call himself a Christian. 

I must be missing something here.  What's with the love fest?

You're missing the part where most of us don't judge others solely by their politics.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2010, 09:57:42 PM by Torie »

I've been looking over his posts and some others when I see such favorable ratings.  Sorry.  I just don't get it.  He is a far left redistributionist and a slave to political correctness.  He makes excuses for every kind of immoral behavior you can imagine and then he has the gall to call himself a Christian.  

I must be missing something here.  What's with the love fest?

Perhaps you could be more specific in your j'accuse, beyond the "far left redistributionist" thing, which I consider a bit tendentious, since JS favors some sort of means testing typically. In any event that  is a political belief, and most of us around here, I am happy to say, don't dislike someone solely because of their political beliefs, if intelligently and respectfully presented in particular. Does that make any sense to you?

If by slinging the term of  "un-Christian" around (that is the term that  I am reducing  your phrase "gall to call himself a Christian" to for purposes of brevity), you do so because of JS's social policy opinions, than I suspect you will come to find most of us pieces of sh**t over time. Most of us find JS close to an ideal Christian in our mind's eye, because of his conduct in particular more than his beliefs, even though many of us, including myself, are not persons of faith. JMO.

One other thing. It is far easier to talk the talk, than walk the walk. Think about it.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »

My judgment of JSojourner has little to do with his politics.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 10:56:05 PM »

Same here.  Which means....
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »

Same here.  Which means....

...it has more to do with dis, dat, and da other thing!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »

FF among FFs.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »

The bad blood between me and JS isn't ever going to die out. Indiana Democrats are all disappointments Sad
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 10:43:28 PM »

Neither do ours.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 09:25:41 AM »

You people judge people on thier politics all the time so STFU with that hypocrite line of thot. 

But who cares.  His politics are hp his personality is hp and the way he treats people right here on this very forum is hp.  He is an arrogent jerk.  You asked I just say whats true.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »

You people judge people on thier politics all the time so STFU with that hypocrite line of thot. 

But who cares.  His politics are hp his personality is hp and the way he treats people right here on this very forum is hp.  He is an arrogent jerk.  You asked I just say whats true.

No, you just blather fascist Nazi drivel.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »

FF, of course, from one of the most FF towns in the entire country! *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »

You're talking to JSojourner, ya know?
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »

I'm convinced they are all three the same as well...

The evidence is overwhelming. I wasn't a fan of him in the first place, though, because he is judgmental as hell.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »

Let me explain: he is a bandwagon type of guy. He notices someone is unpopular so he jumps on them as well. Yet he doesn't have a good reason to dislike them so he configures one in his head and then proceeds to bash them when they never did anything to him before that. That is why I don't have a positive opinion of him.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 06:10:54 PM »

Even if I am, meh. I like taking out my frustrations on sock accounts. Smiley
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »

Wish I could change my vote in light of recent developments.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »

He's proved he's a bigger fool then I was (before re-joining)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies