The HAEV Cooling Off Period Act (Vetoed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:08:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The HAEV Cooling Off Period Act (Vetoed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The HAEV Cooling Off Period Act (Vetoed)  (Read 6468 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 04:36:53 AM »

It's worth noting that Meeker is one of those JCP members (albeit simply a JCP-enabler for a long time) who get shuffled around form office to office without regard to competence. He was a bad PPT, a do-nothing Vice President, and a do-nothing Governor.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »

C'mon guys. Represent the people, not just the loudest people.
Regarding that statement...
According to TRC's poll, more people oppose HAEV than support it....
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »

All this is depressing...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »

For what it's worth, the Department of Forum Affairs strongly opposes this legislation and any attempt to abolish the HAEV.

I have seen no problems with its functioning yet....and the only blatant partisanship is coming from the outside.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »

For what it's worth, the Department of Forum Affairs strongly opposes this legislation and any attempt to abolish the HAEV.

I have seen no problems with its functioning yet....and the only blatant partisanship is coming from the outside.

Nice to see there is still one sane person in Atlasia.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »

That is disappointing.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 06:05:32 PM »

It's worth noting that Meeker is one of those JCP members (albeit simply a JCP-enabler for a long time) who get shuffled around form office to office without regard to competence. He was a bad PPT, a do-nothing Vice President, and a do-nothing Governor.

Purple heart
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »

I stand with Purple State and Franzl.  The HAEV is being politicized by a small number of people who want to see themselves as persecuted, when such persecution does not exist outside of their own minds.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 09:41:52 PM »

Well, at least the longer you postpone doing anything under this legislation, the longer I have to try and make decisions on your decisions...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »

C'mon guys. Represent the people, not just the loudest people.
Regarding that statement...
According to TRC's poll, more people oppose HAEV than support it....

As a poll operator, I'm sure you are aware that those numbers almost never represent the people, but rather, they reflect the loudest people.

That is exactly what I said.

It should also be noted that the poll is well within the margin for error, with enough uncertain to swing the poll the other way. Which just goes to show that the HAEV needs time to actually do its job without frequent interference.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »

When I talked to Winston he said he didn't have any opinon of zombies one way or the other. To me he seems to just be following suit. And for the record I haven't seen his publics opion about why it is bad.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »

When I talked to Winston he said he didn't have any opinon of zombies one way or the other. To me he seems to just be following suit. And for the record I haven't seen his publics opion about why it is bad.

He's expressed his opinions in the NE Debate Thread.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »

When I talked to Winston he said he didn't have any opinon of zombies one way or the other. To me he seems to just be following suit. And for the record I haven't seen his publics opinion about why it is bad.

link please! I didnt see it.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »

When I talked to Winston he said he didn't have any opinon of zombies one way or the other. To me he seems to just be following suit. And for the record I haven't seen his publics opinion about why it is bad.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=110365.0

Reply #11
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=110365.0

Reply #11
thank you. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »

As a poll operator, I'm sure you are aware that those numbers almost never represent the people, but rather, they reflect the loudest people.

It should also be noted that the poll is well within the margin for error, with enough uncertain to swing the poll the other way. Which just goes to show that the HAEV needs time to actually do its job without frequent interference.
Not really the loudest people, but the people who are the most passionate. Being passionate about something isn't always a bad thing.
Sure, it's in the margin of error. More people still voted against it though, (Unless it's changed in the last couple hours) and that has to be taken into consideration when you vote.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »

I don't vote based on polls and never will. I vote my conscience.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »

I'm voting based on what I think is best for Atlasia, and what my contituents and Atlasians want.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »

Not really the loudest people, but the people who are the most passionate. Being passionate about something isn't always a bad thing.
Sure, it's in the margin of error. More people still voted against it though, (Unless it's changed in the last couple hours) and that has to be taken into consideration when you vote.

Passion shouldn't be discredited, but there is a certain amount of trust that the people place in their representatives to do what is right, not necessarily what they want. That is how you end up with higher taxes to fund defense spending, neither of which could be done by the individual citizen.

I would hope that at the very least, any movement on the HAEV be synchronized with, if not combined with, more stringent registration requirements and other measures to actually address this situation. Is the HAEV the ideal solution? No, but it has been the most pragmatic, best response to the dilemma of zombie voters that Atlasia has ever had. To remove it and leave a vacuum in its stead would be a mistake.

So I ask you to consider introducing your fix to the problem that the HAEV seeks to address before removing (or suspending) our only current measure to provide a viable solution.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 02:01:52 AM »

Our registration requirements are draconian enough, thank you very much.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 07:55:34 AM »

I'm voting based on what I think is best for Atlasia, and what my contituents and Atlasians want.

I too vote on what I think is best for Atlasia, and that's called my conscience. I'm not a stupid populist and won't vote to follow the wind or the polling mood.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »

Channeling the process by which to identify and hopefully remove zombie voters into a body like this is always going to make it a more protracted and politicised affair. Zombies can be socks, socks are against forum rules and need to be alerted to the Mods.

It's a whole issue that we've now turned into part of the game by making it an official body. If there be no zombies...there be no HAEV. So if you're in the HAEV and want to keep the fun going then intervene, politicise and accuse in order to stall the natural winding down of the HAEV...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:34 AM »

I know that I almost never post in Atlas Fantasy Government and that my opinion is of zero importance, but still:

please cool down, as there is no solution.
This problem of zombies is (how do you say in English ?) consubstantial to, inherent in an Internet forum, in an Internet game.
You can't stop it.
The only way is to restart all the thing, with a small board, and agree only on people you really know. Of course, it's less funny... but, otherwise, you can't exclude zombies and, what is far more important, those who create, who invite zombies.

Of course, this is completely contrarian to the "democracy" Atlasia wants to mimic.

(All this mess will at least have a very, very small result: this time, I'll really quit, and definitely the game after the end of my current term.)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »

I know that I almost never post in Atlas Fantasy Government and that my opinion is of zero importance, but still:

Your opinion is of importance Smiley And you're pretty spot on.

What the HAEV is, is an 'in-game' solution to a forum problem; it tries to solve the problem by incorporating the response into the game rather than a few people (mods included) simply saying 'you can't play-end of' It's tough, of course it is. The zombies are a catalyst in the game, lets be honest. We've even devoted a government body to dealing with them as well as passing legislation in the Senate. In a way that legitimises them.

Something a bit more firm and dare I say 'undemocratic' would go a long way to sorting it out.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:41 AM »

Your opinion is of importance Smiley And you're pretty spot on.

What the HAEV is, is an 'in-game' solution to a forum problem; it tries to solve the problem by incorporating the response into the game rather than a few people (mods included) simply saying 'you can't play-end of' It's tough, of course it is. The zombies are a catalyst in the game, lets be honest. We've even devoted a government body to dealing with them as well as passing legislation in the Senate. In a way that legitimises them.

Something a bit more firm and dare I say 'undemocratic' would go a long way to sorting it out.

Exactly !
And that's what Hamilton has understood, even if he was a bit impatient (from his viewpoint, I mean... don't make me say what I haven't said: I've never approved of his behaviour).

Congrats for this clear opinion.

afleitch deserves your vote, Atlasians ! Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies