HAEV Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:52:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HAEV Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: HAEV Official Thread  (Read 6267 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »

Elvis Republican - Aye
Yoman82 - Aye
Sirnick - No
Azmagic - No
Winfield - No
Italianboy - Aye
change08 - No
KyleGordon - Aye
Mart - Aye
Olawakandi - No
Vane - Aye
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2010, 03:48:15 PM »

The following voters are deleted by a unanimous vote of the HAEV:

Elvis Republican
Yoman82
KyleGordon
Mart
Vane

The following voters are retained by a unanimous vote of the HAEV

Sirnick
Azmagic
Winfield
change08
Olawakandi

The following voter is retained after a divided panel of the HAEV

Italianboy (2-1 in favour of deletion)
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 01:24:55 AM »

Perhaps looking into the guy that doesn't read these boards would be useful.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »

In an attempt to make some sense of this for committee members I have updated Reply #1 of Page 1 of the thread with the nominations presently under consideration and the Committee member who was assigned to compile a brief report on the voter. Bullmoose - could you have a look at the 3 who were assigned to Barnes a while ago? Meeker - you still need to have a look at those 5 who you were given. I still need to have a look at Segway some more.

Reminder to committee members of the above - I'm not sure what to do with Segway's nomination. By his own admission he posts from a proxy, but that does not directly imply he is necessarily a sock account.

I have updated Reply #1 again and hereby assign myself the following:
Nclib
Boris78
Biggzcorey
Eraserhead
Dubya2004
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2010, 02:45:07 PM by bullmoose88 »

Paul718

60 Posts takes us back to March 14, 2010.  No significant participation in Atlasia during that time, but widespread participation elsewhere on the forum.  As he is a frequent poster on other boards, looked at a broader time period to get a better sample. Little to no participation in Atlasia in last 250 posts (Jan 2, 2010).  Recent posting activity indicates deliberate inactivity rather than zombieism.

Auburntiger

60 Posts takes us back to October 13, 2009.  2 posts in atlasia in that span, one to register and one to vote.  Decent, but not great, amount of participation on other forum boards.

Jamespol

60 Posts brings us back to October 15, 2009.  7 posts in atlasia, one of which was in the HAEV Public Thread stating that "i am active and have been voting for years."  Voting record does not tend to show a consistent zombie-style voting pattern.

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »

Reminder to committee members of the above - I'm not sure what to do with Segway's nomination. By his own admission he posts from a proxy, but that does not directly imply he is necessarily a sock account.

I think we should delay the Segway nomination until we have more proof.  If this cannot be done, we should vote it down and let someone renominate him once more facts are uncovered.  Does this sound unreasonable?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2010, 12:22:36 PM »

Nclib
60 posts takes us back to 16 February 2010

Boris78
60 posts takes us back to 7 February 2010

Biggzcorey
Has not posted since 25 November 2009. Last Atlasia post 24 September 2009. No stated reason for absence. No significant contribution to Atlasia. Recent login on 23 February 2010.

Eraserhead
60 posts takes us back to 15 March 2010 - some of this is post padding, but I think the general trend is evident.

Dubya2004, better known as Jake
Last post 9 January 2010, so no posts within 2 months. Recent login on 23 February 2010. No stated reason for absence. Has a long history in Atlasia - served as Southeast Magistrate during the Civil Unrest during the adoption of the Second Constitution in 2005 (and thus played a prominent part), was a delegate to the 2nd Constitutional Convention, and served in the Senate during 2005, 2006, and 2007 in non-continuous stints, and was SecDef at the beginning of the True Dem (2005) administration. He was also Southeast Lt Gov in 2007, and inaugural Vice Chair of the Atlasian Conservative Alliance in 2005.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2010, 11:28:08 PM »

Mine will be taken care of within the next twelve hours.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »

I actually motioned to dismiss all of these a while back, and I do so again. Just so everyone's on the same page though:

Sensei - 60 posts takes us to January 1st. Voter has served as Governor, Senator and a Presidential nominee. Joke nomination.
Smash255 - 60 posts takes us to March 9th. Voter is active in the forum as a whole, clearly thinks on his own and is a well-known Atlas poster.
Ogre Mage - 60 posts takes us to November 16th. Not the most active of posters and generally sticks to Washington State-related threads or national politics-threads. Clearly thinks on his own.
Culture King - 60 posts takes us to February 14th. Long serving Governor of the Pacific, active Atlas poster, nomination is ridiculous.
Realisticidealist - 60 posts takes us to January 19th. Intelligent, thoughtful poster; has posts in the Pacific Legislature thread in those 60.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »

Forgot the links:

Realisticidealist: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2947
Culture King: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1802
Ogre Magre: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2369
Smash: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=577
Sensei: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2103
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2010, 01:34:05 PM »

Hi guys

For the record, I use the 60 posts standard when a poster has lots of posts within recent weeks - its just a random standard not within the regulations that I use to demonstrate that they far exceed the 25 posts in 2 months rule.

Meeker - I previously ignored your motion for summary dismissal because it smacked of trying to palm work off to other committee members - ultimately I would have had to survey all those posters myself in order to come to a decision on them, and I much prefer that the workload is shared between us all.

Meeker's motion for summary dismissal is recognised.

Please vote on whether to summarily dismiss:
(Aye dismisses the nomination, i.e. keeps the voter, No allows discussion to continue further and is not a decision on the merits - it does not delete the voter). A simple majority is required to summarily dismiss.
Sensei
Smash
Ogre Mage
Culture King
Realisticidealist
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »

Sensei has a lot of post padding in his recent posting. Whilst I haven't definitively checked, I am concerned about him meeting the 25 posts in 2 months requirement. I am mindful of his long service, but I would much rather take that into account during a decision on the merits than in a summary dismissal.

Ogre Mage is plainly a nomination that needs a decision on the merits, and your choice to refer it for summary dismissal is, in my view, bizarre. He has a mere 9 posts in the last 2 months, one of which is a vote and so doesn't count. In the past year his only Atlasian activity has been to vote. If this group was set up for anything, it was to consider nominations like this.

I am content that the other three could not reasonably succeed in a decision on the merits.

Sensei - No
Smash - Aye
Ogre Mage - No
Culture King - Aye
Realisticidealist - Aye
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2010, 05:50:14 PM »

Perhaps looking into the guy that doesn't read these boards would be useful.

Yes, I would like to be removed.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2010, 03:56:35 PM »

Sensei - No
Smash - Aye
Ogre Mage - No
Culture King - No
Realisticidealist - Aye
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

Sensei - Aye
Smash - Aye
Ogre Magre - No
Culture King - Aye
Realisticidealist - Aye
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 02:21:53 PM »

Summary of votes

Sensei - Not summarily dismissed (1-2)
Smash - Summarily dismissed (3-0)
Ogre Mage - Not summarily dismissed (0-3)
Culture King - Summarily dismissed (2-1)
Realisticidealist - Summarily dismissed (3-0)

Here are the open investigations and the reports:

Paul718
60 Posts takes us back to March 14, 2010.  No significant participation in Atlasia during that time, but widespread participation elsewhere on the forum.  As he is a frequent poster on other boards, looked at a broader time period to get a better sample. Little to no participation in Atlasia in last 250 posts (Jan 2, 2010).  Recent posting activity indicates deliberate inactivity rather than zombieism.

Auburntiger
60 Posts takes us back to October 13, 2009.  2 posts in atlasia in that span, one to register and one to vote.  Decent, but not great, amount of participation on other forum boards.

Jamespol
60 Posts brings us back to October 15, 2009.  7 posts in atlasia, one of which was in the HAEV Public Thread stating that "i am active and have been voting for years."  Voting record does not tend to show a consistent zombie-style voting pattern.

Nclib
60 posts takes us back to 16 February 2010

Boris78
60 posts takes us back to 7 February 2010

Biggzcorey
Has not posted since 25 November 2009. Last Atlasia post 24 September 2009. No stated reason for absence. No significant contribution to Atlasia. Recent login on 23 February 2010.

Eraserhead
60 posts takes us back to 15 March 2010 - some of this is post padding, but I think the general trend is evident.

Dubya2004, better known as Jake
Last post 9 January 2010, so no posts within 2 months. Recent login on 23 February 2010. No stated reason for absence. Has a long history in Atlasia - served as Southeast Magistrate during the Civil Unrest during the adoption of the Second Constitution in 2005 (and thus played a prominent part), was a delegate to the 2nd Constitutional Convention, and served in the Senate during 2005, 2006, and 2007 in non-continuous stints, and was SecDef at the beginning of the True Dem (2005) administration. He was also Southeast Lt Gov in 2007, and inaugural Vice Chair of the Atlasian Conservative Alliance in 2005.

Sensei - 60 posts takes us to January 1st. Voter has served as Governor, Senator and a Presidential nominee. Joke nomination.

Ogre Mage - 60 posts takes us to November 16th. Not the most active of posters and generally sticks to Washington State-related threads or national politics-threads. Clearly thinks on his own.

Of the remaining nominations here to consider - Paul718, nclib, Boris78, and Eraserhead I think should be easily kept on the rolls - I very rarely go for summary dismissal - I have only used it once, and that was for a sitting office holder.

Auburntiger only has 13 posts in the last two months, but does have a large number just before that in January.

JamesSpol has 46 posts in the last two months. Some of them are very short posts however. I would find it hard to vote in favour of this deletion, but can be convinced.

Biggzcorey is a relatively open and shut delete for me.

Jake's a difficult one for me - no posts in two months, but a large Atlasian history to him. He ties in with Sensei quite well (and hence why I want decisions on the merits for both of them at the same time), because Sensei has recent activity, but Jake does not. Probable delete.

Sensei - Has 28 posts in the last two months (by this I mean posts that count for our purposes - fewer than 4 words and quoting/voting doesn't count). Has a vote in Atlasia in this period, but no other Atlasia activity. Probable keep.

Ogre Mage - a mere 8 posts that count in two months, and 1 vote in Atlasia. Not quite as clear cut as Biggzcorey, but still a delete.

Other committe members thoughts are welcome (as are others in the Discussion Thread - I can assure you that I do read them all)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »

If there are no comments in the next 24 hours, the vote on these nominations will open.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »

Didn't I nominate myself?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »

Votes on the following are now open (Reminder: Aye means delete; No means keep)

Paul718
Auburntiger
JamesSpol
Nclib
Boris78
Biggzcorey
Eraserhead
Dubya2004
Sensei
Ogre Mage
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2010, 09:24:53 AM »

Paul718 - No
Auburntiger - No
JamesSpol - No
Nclib - No
Boris78 - No
Biggzcorey - Aye
Eraserhead - No
Dubya2004 - No
Sensei - No
Ogre Mage - Aye
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »

Paul718 - No
Auburntiger - No
JamesSpol - No
Nclib - No
Boris78 - No
Biggzcorey - Aye
Eraserhead - No
Dubya2004 - Aye
Sensei - No
Ogre Mage - Aye
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »

Paul718 - No
Auburntiger - No
JamesSpol - No
Nclib - No
Boris78 - No
Biggzcorey - Aye
Eraserhead - No
Dubya2004 - No
Sensei - No
Ogre Mage - No
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »

By a unanimous panel, the following voters are kept:

Paul718
Auburntiger
JamesSpol
Nclib
Boris78
Eraserhead
Sensei

By a panel divided 2-1 in favour of a keep:

Dubya2004

By a panel divided 2-1 in favour of deletion (and therefore kept):

Ogre Mage

And finally, by a unanimous panel, the following voter is deleted:

Biggzcorey
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »

I was hoping that the Court would have finished with the JBrase case by now to give us some finality, but since no decision has been published in 2 days, we'll proceed to next batch:

Meeker
Cosmo Kramer
BRTD
Rob
Jfern

Bullmoose
Mark Warner 08
Snowguy716
Flyers2004
downwithdaleft
Gustaf

Peter
Defe07
General Mung Beans
Apollo
floridarepub
Lunar (self nomination)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »

Decision is going to be out tomorrow morning, Peter.  FYI.  We just have to put some finishing touches on things.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies