HAEV Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HAEV Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: HAEV Official Thread  (Read 6145 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »

Due to the difficulty of navigating the other thread in terms of official business, I am transferring all official business to this thread.

All discussion should be contained in the old thread, which I have renamed to the HAEV Discussion Thread.

Wiki Page

Statutory Mandate
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ratified Guidelines
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/High_Authority_for_Ethics_in_Voting/Proposed_guidelines
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Members
Peter, Presiding Officer
Barnes
Meeker
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2010, 10:34:48 AM by Peter »

Note for nominators - including links to the profile of the poster you are nominating is really useful.

Considered Business
Vepres Nominations
Antonio Nominations
Lahbas
Summarily dismissed, 2-0
px75
Kept 1-2
Ajc0918
Summarily dismissed, 2-0
Marokai Blue
Summarily dismissed, 3-0
Antonio V
Summarily dismissed, 3-0
Sirnick
Kept 0-3
Winfield
Kept 0-3
Azmagic
Kept 0-3
Elvis Republican
Deleted 3-0
Yoman82
Deleted 3-0
italianboy
Kept 2-1
change08
Kept 0-3
KyleGordon
Deleted 3-0
Mart
Deleted 3-0
Olawakandi
Kept 0-3
Vane
Deleted 3-0
Smash255
Summarily dismissed, 3-0
Culture King
Summarily dismissed, 2-1
Realisticidealist
Summarily dismissed, 3-0
Paul718
Kept 0-3
Auburntiger
Kept 0-3
Jamespol
Kept 0-3
Sensei
Kept 0-3
Ogre Mage
Kept 2-1
Nclib
Kept 0-3
Boris78
Kept 0-3
Biggzcorey
Deleted 3-0
Eraserhead
Kept 0-3
Dubya2004
Kept 1-2

Under Consideration
Al's nominations
Segwaystyle (Peter)
Winston Disraeli Nominations
Cosmo Kramer (Meeker)
BRTD (Meeker)
Rob (Meeker)
Jfern (Meeker)
Mark Warner 08 (Meeker)
Snowguy716 (bullmoose)
Flyers2004 (bullmoose)
SegwayStyle Nominations
downwithdaleft (bullmoose)
Gustaf (bullmoose)
Defe07 (Peter)
General Mung Beans (Peter)
Apollo (Peter)
floridarepub (Peter)
Lunar's Nominations
Lunar (i.e. self nomination) (Peter)

Pending Consideration
Nil
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:48 PM »

(placeholder)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »

(placeholder)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »

Consideration of px75
px75
No posts since January 3, however, was logged in as recently as yesterday.
60 posts between 22 Dec and 3 Jan. Haven't checked on Atlasia activity, but haven't seen anything in my cursory glance. No significant contribution to Atlasia. No notice of reasons for absence, or other circumstances known.
Any corrections, please post.
I haven't noticed any considerations

Motions for Summary Dismissal
Antonio has asked that his case be summarily dismissed.
I shall also motion that Marokai Blue's case be summarily dismissed.

Vote on such motions is now open.

Pending Business
Not having masses of time I'm going to delegate the production of reports on each voter:
I will take:
Sirnick
Winfield
Azmagic

Barnes, can you take:
Paul718
Auburntiger
Jamespol

Meeker, can you take:
Ajc0918
Elvis Republican
Yoman82

Once we've done those, I'll try to divy out other nominations as well.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »

Aye on the dismissal of Antonion V and Marokai Blue. The nominations were frivolous and politically motivated.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 03:39:26 PM »

Also Aye on the removal of px75. He appears to have left the building but is welcome to re-register should he return.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »

Aye to summary dismissal of both Marokai Blue and Antonio V.

Nay to deletion of px75. Recent login activity makes me wary of deleting him, and he has a history of long term contribution to the Forum, and no suggestion of directed voting. He exceeds the 25 posts in the last two months requirement.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »

ajc0918
243 posts in the past two months. Only post in Atlasia was to vote in the January Mideast election. No known contributions to Atlasia.

Motion to dismiss. Nominee is clearly active in the Atlas and thinks for himself.

Elvis Republican
Last logged in two weeks ago and posted during said login. 31 posts in the past two months, only one in Atlasia was a vote in the December Mid-Term elections. No known contributions to Atlasia. No known reason for absence.

I recommend a vote on the nominee.

yoman82
Logged in as recently as today but hasn't posted in a week and a half. Six posts in the past two months, all within the "Elections What-ifs?" board except for a vote in the December Mid-Term elections. My impression is that he visits the site primarily to check out the timelines and what-if scenarios. No known contributions to Atlasia.

I recommend a vote on the nominee.

(I may do more of these since I'm trapped in a blizzard and have nothing else to do.)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »

ajc0918
243 posts in the past two months. Only post in Atlasia was to vote in the January Mideast election. No known contributions to Atlasia.

Motion to dismiss. Nominee is clearly active in the Atlas and thinks for himself.
Motion recognised and vote opened.

I am content to vote Aye.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 05:38:55 PM »

Aye as well.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »

Although I don't mean to interrupt your deliberations, considering how close we are to an election, I might suggest that the body make all the deletions of considered persons right after the election is held.

The practical reason for this is twofold:

1) I suspect that some of these voters are going to appeal their cases (or at least be notified by certain people to appeal their cases) and their legal status will be placed in flux while the Court decides their matter.  Because this is a new statute and I suspect it's going to take longer for us to handle this in the beginning, I don't want to have another election mess pop up that I can see in advance.

2) Considering the great number of nominations so far, I suspect that if anyone is removed prior to the election, we're going to get more uproar than just simple discussion thread nonsense.

Just my two cents...

CJ Sam Spade
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with Justice Spade.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with Justice Spade.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 09:32:39 PM »

Aye on the dismissal of Antonion V and Marokai Blue. The nominations were frivolous and politically motivated.

I vote Aye on this as well.

Nay on the deletion of px75.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »

Although I don't mean to interrupt your deliberations, considering how close we are to an election, I might suggest that the body make all the deletions of considered persons right after the election is held.

1) I suspect that some of these voters are going to appeal their cases (or at least be notified by certain people to appeal their cases) and their legal status will be placed in flux while the Court decides their matter.  Because this is a new statute and I suspect it's going to take longer for us to handle this in the beginning, I don't want to have another election mess pop up that I can see in advance.

2) Considering the great number of nominations so far, I suspect that if anyone is removed prior to the election, we're going to get more uproar than just simple discussion thread nonsense.

Just my two cents...

CJ Sam Spade
Thank you for your thoughts Sam. I do take your points on board, however, I do feel that if the HAEV is going to continue, there will always be some nomination that ends up being considered after an election, whilst others before an election. This means that we will always have the potential for allegations/public protestations/etc.

I do appreciate that this may be a special circumstance since I doubt we will have this long queue in future elections. I would like to hear Barnes' thoughts on this matter as well.

(Note to Badger - whilst your comments are not spam at all, I would appreciate that all non-essential posts not by HAEV members be directed to the Discussion Thread to help keep this thread as uncluttered as possible)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »

Sirnick
60 posts back to 26 January. Posts seem intelligent. No noticeable Atlasia activity.

Azmagic
60 posts back to 17 January, with a couple in Atlasia in that period - including the HAEV discussion thread!!

Winfield
60 posts back to 24 January. Intelligent posts. No noticeable Atlasia activity.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »

(Note to Badger - whilst your comments are not spam at all, I would appreciate that all non-essential posts not by HAEV members be directed to the Discussion Thread to help keep this thread as uncluttered as possible)

Duly noted.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »

Just my two cents...

CJ Sam Spade
Thank you for your thoughts Sam. I do take your points on board, however, I do feel that if the HAEV is going to continue, there will always be some nomination that ends up being considered after an election, whilst others before an election. This means that we will always have the potential for allegations/public protestations/etc.

I do appreciate that this may be a special circumstance since I doubt we will have this long queue in future elections. I would like to hear Barnes' thoughts on this matter as well.

Perhaps we stop taking nominations until after the election is over? And try and find the citizens we know are TOTALLY inactive and delete them.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »

Several posters here have been posting from proxies. Given the obvious potential for fraud here, I think that, at the very least, HEAVE should investigate them.

*Vane
*Segwaystyle
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »

Several posters here have been posting from proxies. Given the obvious potential for fraud here, I think that, at the very least, HEAVE should investigate them.

*Vane
*Segwaystyle

I'd investigate Vane as a proxy, but I'd like more evidence on Segway.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2010, 11:28:05 AM by Barnes »

Barnes, can you take:
Paul718
Auburntiger
Jamespol

Paul718-Fairly frequent poster on the Forum, but no posts in Atlaisa since October 2009 (as far as I can find). I suggest deletion.

I'll look into the others later. Smiley

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 05:06:39 AM »

Also Aye on the removal of px75. He appears to have left the building but is welcome to re-register should he return.

I haven't left.
I'm just busy with my job, our domestic politics and the first cycle of Greece's Next Top Model.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 04:35:48 AM »

I fear you are giving too much importance to activity external to Atlasia. A poster who takes part in other forum boards but almost never to Atlasia shouldn't be summarily dismissed, and he remains a zombie for Atlasia.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 05:16:49 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2010, 05:36:27 AM by Peter »

I'm going to delay holding any vote on nominations until the day on which the election is certified. I will of course continue to entertain any summary dismissal motions.

Still waiting on Barnes to finish his 3 ....

I'll  begin assigning the Disraeli nominations:
For myself:
italianboy
change08
KyleGordon
Mart
Olawakandi
+ an additional nomination - Vane
I will also be contacting Segwaystyle about his proxy activity, and sharing it with the committee, though I may not make the entirity public.

For Meeker
Sensei
Smash255
Ogre Mage
Culture King
Realisticidealist
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies