CT: Rasmussen: Blumenthal (D) still crushes Simmons and McMahon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 07:58:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CT: Rasmussen: Blumenthal (D) still crushes Simmons and McMahon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CT: Rasmussen: Blumenthal (D) still crushes Simmons and McMahon  (Read 5629 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2010, 01:28:07 AM »

New Poll: Connecticut Senator by Rasmussen on 2010-02-01

Summary: D: 54%, R: 35%, I: 4%, U: 7%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Blumenthal: 54%
Simmons: 35%

Blumenthal: 56%
McMahon: 36%
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:27:19 AM »

safe DEM
true liberty
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:28:42 AM »

why arent they polling schiff? Angry

also sofa franzl, remember that blanche lincoln martha coakley evan bayh and russ feingold all used to lead by huge margins. one of them lost already and the others are struggling in the polls. id give this one some time.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 05:29:24 AM »

And didn't this poll have fairly dubious looking approvals for Obama? This one is beyond over.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 05:53:45 AM »

And didn't this poll have fairly dubious looking approvals for Obama? This one is beyond over.

lol.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »

give it another couple of hours for the Dem to start trailing
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »

I wonder if any of the Republican candidates drive trucks!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »

lol.

See something amusing, fellow?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 04:17:54 PM »

No republican will win against Blumenthal, period.
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 04:20:55 PM »

Roll Eyes
perdedor

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »

^

Fortunately for the Democrats, Dodd had the common sense to get the hell out of the way.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 05:37:09 PM »

Dick Blumenthal has been one of the, if not the most popular statewide politician in the state of Connecticut for nearly a decade now. I prediect he will win with atleast 57% of the vote, minimum.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 12:06:36 AM »

Dick Blumenthal has been one of the, if not the most popular statewide politician in the state of Connecticut for nearly a decade now. I prediect he will win with atleast 57% of the vote, minimum.

Popularity is a fleeting thing.  It's easy to be popular as AG, where you get on TV for doing nice things to (supposedly) help little old ladies, widows and orphans against evil greedy corporations.   It's not like you're taking positions on things like raising taxes or cutting spending - the type of thing that makes the public mad at you. Blumenthal is the clear favorite, but let's see what happens when Blumenthal starts campaigning and debating before declaring the seat super super safe D.

Coakley and Spitzer didn't exactly make a great transition from AG to Senate candidate or Governor.
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -8.17

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 12:08:30 AM »

I prefer Simmons to Blumenthal.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 12:09:05 AM »

I'd say Spitzer made a pretty damn good candidate.

Yeah, so he hired a hooker later. Irrelevant.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 12:17:20 AM »

I didn't say Spitzer didn't make a good Gubernatorial candidate - against a nobody in a wave election, BTW.  But he did make a horrible Governor, even before the highly relevant hooker hiring that ran him out of office.  You can't try to govern a state as a "f'n steamroller."  Bully tactics may work in the AG's office - but they're not persuasive when dealing with a co-equal legislative branch.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »

Popularity is a fleeting thing.  It's easy to be popular as AG, where you get on TV for doing nice things to (supposedly) help little old ladies, widows and orphans against evil greedy corporations.   It's not like you're taking positions on things like raising taxes or cutting spending - the type of thing that makes the public mad at you. Blumenthal is the clear favorite, but let's see what happens when Blumenthal starts campaigning and debating before declaring the seat super super safe D.

Coakley and Spitzer didn't exactly make a great transition from AG to Senate candidate or Governor.

I dont think Blumenthal will go down the same road as them. Believe me, I'm a HUGE Rob Simmons supporter, or atleast I was before Dick joined the race. Now I'm leaning Simmons, but who knows who will get my vote come election day.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »

I wonder if Cuomo has any kind of realistic shot at outpermoring Spitzer... I seriously, seriously doubt it but who knows...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »

I dont think Blumenthal will go down the same road as them. Believe me, I'm a HUGE Rob Simmons supporter, or atleast I was before Dick joined the race. Now I'm leaning Simmons, but who knows who will get my vote come election day.

Well, maybe you guys will nominate the wrestling loser and you won't have to worry about it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 01:40:06 PM »

Well, maybe you guys will nominate the wrestling loser and you won't have to worry about it.

If Simmons drops out, and McMahon is the nominee, I will probably be the first person on my street with a Blumenthal sign in the yard.
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -8.17

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »

I like Simmons quite a bit. Is McMahon another loony?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »

I like Simmons quite a bit. Is McMahon another loony?

I like Rob a lot. He is a great guy, but Dick has done so much for the State, and I've voted for him in his past two elections. McMahon is a nut job in my book. She really hasnt brought too many ideas to the table, except for letting everyone know that she is the former CEO of the WWE.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »

What!?! A popular Democrat AG leading his opponents in a heavily Democratic state, I'm shocked! Roll Eyes
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 06:21:33 PM »

Lean D.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »