An earlier time.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:55:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  An earlier time.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An earlier time.  (Read 888 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:52 PM »
« edited: February 03, 2010, 08:10:02 PM by phknrocket1k »

If the atmosphere in the country was like the 1990s where people were generally less political or even non-political as compared to now.

How much different would this forum be?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:01:45 PM »

It would be boring.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »

Less populated, less interested in actual policy, more interested in elections and history.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »

better
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »

Bob Dole.  Bob Dole.  BOB.... Dole.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:23:59 PM »

Less populated, less interested in actual policy, more interested in elections and history.

and more in agreement as well.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »

Not exactly. This forum would be still engaged in topics, but it wouldn't turn into all out brawls. The forum would probably be more conservative, though, as a great deal of conservative members left after Bush's presidency went to hell. I
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:37:33 PM »

Hey, that's my line Angry
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »

Not exactly. This forum would be still engaged in topics, but it wouldn't turn into all out brawls. The forum would probably be more conservative, though, as a great deal of conservative members left after Bush's presidency went to hell.

Yes, but Clinton and the GOP were in agreement on many issues in the 1990s, and thus I think there would be more agreement here as well.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:13:31 PM »

Not exactly. This forum would be still engaged in topics, but it wouldn't turn into all out brawls. The forum would probably be more conservative, though, as a great deal of conservative members left after Bush's presidency went to hell.

Yes, but Clinton and the GOP were in agreement on many issues in the 1990s, and thus I think there would be more agreement here as well.

Maybe Clinton was, but the GOP certainly wasn't. Every Republican I've met hated him then. Tongue
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -8.17

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:26:42 PM »

Maybe Clinton was, but the GOP certainly wasn't. Every Republican I've met hated him then. Tongue

They hated him, yeah. But they didn't hate the Contract with America policies that Clinton continuously signed into law. Clinton never missed a chance to appease the right-wing.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 11:37:13 PM »

They hated him, yeah. But they didn't hate the Contract with America policies that Clinton continuously signed into law. Clinton never missed a chance to appease the right-wing.

Doesn't mean that they recognized that he did that. Ah, the 90's, a brutal chess match between Gingrich and Clinton.
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -8.17

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:19 PM »

Doesn't mean that they recognized that he did that. Ah, the 90's, a brutal chess match between Gingrich and Clinton.

They voted to re-elect him.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 11:42:16 PM »

Angry:  "Clinton violated America's trust!  Impeach him!"

Smiley: "Calm down."

Angry:  "Clinton wants to arrest us all and give our jobs to minorities and homos!"

Smiley: "Calm down."

Angry: "Clinton had Vince Foster murdered to cover this up!"

Smiley: "Calm the  down."

Angry: "Just read The Turner Diaries!  Everything was foretold!"

Smiley: "I'm out of here."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:44 AM »

Without Reagan, Dubya, Palin, Clinton and a host of others to bash, this site would have like 3 members.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 01:03:39 PM »

Go back to the 2004 elections board and then exclude all the discussion about Iraq, Afghanistan, Terrorism and Oil. That is pretty much what it would like it (which just goes to show how much things have improved imo. The debates here c2004 are utterly hilarious* in retrospect).

* - some o/c were utterly hilarious to begin with but that's another matter...
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Not the GOP, last time I checked, Dole was their preferred choice.

They voted to re-elect him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies