Presidential Candidates: Why Should We Support You?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:45:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Candidates: Why Should We Support You?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Presidential Candidates: Why Should We Support You?  (Read 1683 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »

The Popular Party is not planning on running a presidential candidate in the upcoming election.

We would like to invite the candidates to explain here why they would be the best candidates for the presidency, and thus worthy of the support of the Populares.

This is to help our party decide who should be supported and possibly endorsed by the Populares.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »

I have always opposed the machine.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:18:27 PM »

You are not a presidential candidate with any party.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »

Ummm, so?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:12:54 AM »

Can you elaborate on this point please?
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »

I'm interested in this as well. I haven't seen any platforms for candidates anywhere.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 01:25:23 AM »

Can you elaborate on this point please?

Ever since I started out in Atlasia, over two years ago, I have stood against the JCP and its domination of first the Pacific and then Atlasia. Go to my Wiki page and you can see multiple instances of my being pushed aside in favor of do-nothing candidates or, on one occasion, nobody at all. My election would be a sign to the machine that its time is up.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »

Nice, it will help me to chose which candidate I won't vote for...
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 01:44:14 AM »

Whatever candidate you will endorse, I will not vote for him.

After much deliberation, I think I will endorse the JCP ticket headed by Bacon King.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 01:48:34 AM »

Whatever candidate you will endorse, I will not vote for him.

After much deliberation, I think I will endorse the JCP ticket headed by Bacon King.

It's fun to see how rapidly you responded, before I could reformulate my post... Tongue
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 06:27:35 AM »

I don't mind as long as it isn't the Statist Party, aka the JCP.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 06:50:54 AM »

Nice, it will help me to chose which candidate I won't vote for...

*Ignore listed*
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »

I hope it's for true, so that you will stop making dumb comments on every post I make.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 04:08:09 PM »

I hope it's for true, so that you will stop making dumb comments on every post I make.

The perception of 'dumb comments' is mutual, believe me.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 04:34:09 PM »

I know I speak here with a strong disposition already stacked against me, but I thank you all nonetheless for allowing me time to speak.

I simply ask, please don't look upon me merely as the "JCP Candidate." Yes, I do identify myself with that party. However, my campaign is not partisan in the slightest; my Vice Presidential candidate is of the Democratic Alliance and my prospective cabinet appointees range across the spectrum from SDP to RPP. I ask that you not make this election a referendum on "one-party control" because, simply, that would be a misstatement of the facts. How can the JCP be an Atlasia controlling "machine" when we don't even have a third of nation's Senators? And anyway, I reiterate that I am not running as a member of my party; I am running for President as a member of Atlasia.

If you look at my tenure as Vice President, you will see that I am a man who stands up for this nation whenever and however I am called to do so, whether that be the micromanagement of the Senate or the successful prevention of New Mexico's secession. If elected President I will always behave with such a focus on the tasks at hand. I will promote an active Atlasia by serving as an example to the nation.

Ideologically, to know where I stand, one simply needs to look at my extensive record in the Atlasian Senate. Along with Former Senator PiT I masterminded an overhaul of Atlasian drug laws, decriminalizing a wide variety of substances and effectively ending the war on drugs. I also singlehandedly prevented the passage of a Federal Carbon Cap and Trade bill, injecting moments before it's apparent passage to describe in detail how horribly inefficient and pointless the system would be, garnering enough support to defeat the measure.

You can also see my small-government, no-nonsense approach to governing through the Southeast's initiative process. Over the last year I've introduced successful initiatives prohibiting traffic cameras, instituting new drug laws in step with Federal statute, and eliminating speed limits on rural highways, among many other policies.

Ultimately, I consider myself to be socially minimalist while economically pragmatic. Simply look over at my Political Matrix score if you wish to see that quantified. Your party may not agree with me on every individual issue, but I hope that by demonstrating my history of activity and my record of experience through all layers of Atlasian government, that I have shown myself to be capable, competent, and qualified. As such, I humbly ask for your party's nomination this Presidential election.

Thank you for allowing me to speak, and Dave bless.
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »

I ask the candidates what they will do to cut spending.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »

I also singlehandedly prevented the passage of a Federal Carbon Cap and Trade bill, injecting moments before it's apparent passage to describe in detail how horribly inefficient and pointless the system would be, garnering enough support to defeat the measure.

Thank you for the substantive response. Defeating cap and trade is certainly something to your credit. I am curious what the other candidates have to say on this issue?
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 07:49:43 PM »

I come here not only as a Populare and Concerned Citizen, I also come here as a Libertarian. I can't vote, but I think other Libertarians need this answer as well. None of the current three candidates have very "Libertarian" records, and I would like to ask the candidates why they deserve, if they deserve, Libertarian support in the upcoming election.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »

I ask the candidates what they will do to cut spending.

Although a literal budget no longer exists in Atlasia, I have stood for responsible spending even since the Senate was responsible for a budget! Simply, I will veto any egregious and excessive increases in spending. I will promote efforts to streamline the government and trim spending, and in particular will make a point to cut pork from the military (which I believe most past reformers have neglected) while still ensuring Atlasia is secure, of course.

I come here not only as a Populare and Concerned Citizen, I also come here as a Libertarian. I can't vote, but I think other Libertarians need this answer as well. None of the current three candidates have very "Libertarian" records, and I would like to ask the candidates why they deserve, if they deserve, Libertarian support in the upcoming election.

I actually used to have a yellow avatar, you know Tongue

I think I've ably demonstrated earlier in this thread my small-government approach to a huge number of issues. I may favor a more nuanced economic policy than the Libertarian platform, but I believe I am indeed the candidate closest to Libertarian beliefs Smiley
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »

Question: How does someone with such a libertarian/small-government record have the support of people like Antonio V?

Otherwise, you seem like a great candidate, as far as I can tell.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 04:31:09 PM »

I have 10 questions for presidential candidates. Fulfill 7 of these (with proof!) and you have my support.

1. Have you always supported socially libertarian measures?
2. Have you always supported fiscally responsible measures?
3. Do you support free trade?
4. Open borders?
5. Are you opposed to state ownership of industry?
6. Are you a regionalist?
7. Are you against the death penalty?
8. Do you support liberalising the age of consent?
9. Are you a dove?
10. Do you support the rights of the individual over the collective?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »

I know I speak here with a strong disposition already stacked against me, but I thank you all nonetheless for allowing me time to speak.

I simply ask, please don't look upon me merely as the "JCP Candidate." Yes, I do identify myself with that party. However, my campaign is not partisan in the slightest; my Vice Presidential candidate is of the Democratic Alliance and my prospective cabinet appointees range across the spectrum from SDP to RPP. I ask that you not make this election a referendum on "one-party control" because, simply, that would be a misstatement of the facts. How can the JCP be an Atlasia controlling "machine" when we don't even have a third of nation's Senators? And anyway, I reiterate that I am not running as a member of my party; I am running for President as a member of Atlasia.

If you look at my tenure as Vice President, you will see that I am a man who stands up for this nation whenever and however I am called to do so, whether that be the micromanagement of the Senate or the successful prevention of New Mexico's secession. If elected President I will always behave with such a focus on the tasks at hand. I will promote an active Atlasia by serving as an example to the nation.

Ideologically, to know where I stand, one simply needs to look at my extensive record in the Atlasian Senate. Along with Former Senator PiT I masterminded an overhaul of Atlasian drug laws, decriminalizing a wide variety of substances and effectively ending the war on drugs. I also singlehandedly prevented the passage of a Federal Carbon Cap and Trade bill, injecting moments before it's apparent passage to describe in detail how horribly inefficient and pointless the system would be, garnering enough support to defeat the measure.

You can also see my small-government, no-nonsense approach to governing through the Southeast's initiative process. Over the last year I've introduced successful initiatives prohibiting traffic cameras, instituting new drug laws in step with Federal statute, and eliminating speed limits on rural highways, among many other policies.

Ultimately, I consider myself to be socially minimalist while economically pragmatic. Simply look over at my Political Matrix score if you wish to see that quantified. Your party may not agree with me on every individual issue, but I hope that by demonstrating my history of activity and my record of experience through all layers of Atlasian government, that I have shown myself to be capable, competent, and qualified. As such, I humbly ask for your party's nomination this Presidential election.

Thank you for allowing me to speak, and Dave bless.

I actually do like what you've done quite alot. You're a true credit to the JCP and a real liberal in the literal sense of the word.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »

Bacon King, some members of your party have recently equated certain new members of Atlasia such as The Last Moderate, Vane, Redcommander, among others as "zombies." Do you stand by these accusations?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »

Bacon King, some members of your party have recently equated certain new members of Atlasia such as The Last Moderate, Vane, Redcommander, among others as "zombies." Do you stand by these accusations?

I know the question was directed at BK, but FWIW I'm proudly NOT one of those people.

I fully understand the difference between "zombie" and "newbie".
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 05:48:22 PM »

I know the question was directed at BK, but FWIW I'm proudly NOT one of those people.

I fully understand the difference between "zombie" and "newbie".

Which is why you are one of my favorite JCP-ers. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies