Jeb Bush returning to the limelight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:36:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Jeb Bush returning to the limelight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush returning to the limelight  (Read 2703 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »

Jeb is finished
milhouse24
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

Maybe Jeb should change his last name to Reagan, lol. 

I think Jeb is far better a politician than Palin, Romney, Huckabee, etc.  I think he wants to run.  I don't know if he'll win, but I think he has a good chance.  Of course, he's now Catholic and that can lose him votes. 

But will the leadership pick Romney over Jeb, never.
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »

In 2012, perhaps. However, if I were you, I wouldn't just assume that. I personally don't believe that Jeb will become president, particularly in 2012. However, weirder things have happened in politics before. And sad as it may be, one useful lesson from history is this: never underestimate a Bush.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL If his last name was Reagan, he actually probably would easily win the nomination.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:34 PM »

In 2012, perhaps. However, if I were you, I wouldn't just assume that. I personally don't believe that Jeb will become president, particularly in 2012. However, weirder things have happened in politics before. And sad as it may be, one useful lesson from history is this: never underestimate a Bush.

I agree with this. Even though Bush Sr. lost his reelection bid in 1992 (and was unpopular until his final month or two), his son managed to win the GOP nomination and the Presidency just 8 years later.
Guderian

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 03:06:14 AM »

With any other last name, he'd be a frontrunner for 2012 Republican nomination. But I can't feel to bad about him, because with any other last name, he'd never be elected Governor of Florida in the first place.
milhouse24
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 12:31:01 PM »

With any other last name, he'd be a frontrunner for 2012 Republican nomination. But I can't feel to bad about him, because with any other last name, he'd never be elected Governor of Florida in the first place.

You mean, he wouldn't have won the governorship in his 2nd attempt?  He lost his first election for Florida Governor. 

But somehow, Dubya won his first election in TExas, so maybe he is the smarter brother.
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »

You mean, he wouldn't have won the governorship in his 2nd attempt?  He lost his first election for Florida Governor.  

But somehow, Dubya won his first election in TExas, so maybe he is the smarter brother.

Then Jeb must be REALLY stupid then...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies