Nader
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:59:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Nader
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Nader  (Read 6838 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2004, 09:05:37 AM »
« edited: March 09, 2004, 12:22:06 PM by Dave Leip »

A New Washington Post poll was released yesterday.  Here are the stats in a two-way race:

Kerry 53%
Bush 42%

But with Nader:

Kerry 47%
Bush 42%
Nader 5%

----

Here are the approval ratings:

Approve 50%
Disapprove 48%
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 09:09:36 AM »

Another thing from that poll:

(asked of Kerry supporters) Is your vote for John Kerry more of a vote for Kerry or against Bush?

For Kerry 38%
Against Bush 61%

ABB!!!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 10:20:10 AM »

How many people did they interview? Twenty registered voters? Get real. Polls are meaningless. Yes, Kerry was in Florida yesterday, so to get a opinion on how Floridians feel about Kerry they asked a Massachusetts Yankee who moved to Florida or as she said Flawiiida. "Wez folks in Flawiiida cant wait to get Bush outta office". Yes there you go Floridas opinion from a Yankee. lol
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 10:27:28 AM »

Miami,
I really don't think you have anything to worry about with Nader in November.  He won't be on the ballot in as many states.   I doubt if he'll get much more than 1 percent.  He has no money or organization.  Not a factor this year.
California Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 10:35:33 AM »

That poll seems to blow away all of Nader's bull about how his support comes equally from the left and the right.

Although it is unlikely that Nader will get more than 2% in the fall...it is highly likely that a number of states will be close and therefore it is highly likely he can be a factor in those states.

The only way for him not to be a factor is for him to not be on the ballot in all the top 10 swing states.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 10:44:53 AM »

Doesnt he have the right to run? Where in the Constitution does it say only two parties have the right to exist? If Nader wants to run, LET HIM. This is just another example of democrats wanting to suppress a free election system.
California Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 10:52:55 AM »

again the only people happy about the Nader run are the Republicans and the radical left.

I am sure if some extremist right wing candidate ran the Republicans would be up in arms about how he is splitting the vote.

The fact is that since we have no run off system and a winner can be declared with a plurality, all 3rd parties are essentially 'protest votes', even Nader admits this.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 10:54:39 AM »

This from a man who wants a hooker to be Governor of California. lol
California Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 11:01:45 AM »

She is not a hooker, she is an accomplished actress in one of the biggest, fastest growing industries in Southern California...Adult Entertainment

A business that is contributing significant revenue to big public companies in the Hospitality and and Cable distribution business, and is employing thousands of people in the LA area.

thank you
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 11:10:13 AM »

She's pretty hot I'll give you that, but laying on your back doesn't equal talent, lol.
HoopsCubs
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 11:18:22 AM »

How many people did they interview? Twenty registered voters? Get real. Polls are meaningless. Yes, Kerry was in Florida yesterday, so to get a opinion on how Floridians feel about Kerry they asked a Massachusetts Yankee who moved to Florida or as she said Flawiiida. "Wez folks in Flawiiida cant wait to get Bush outta office". Yes there you go Floridas opinion from a Yankee. lol

There are papers in Florida (Miami 5 days ago) that give Kerry a slight lead at this juncture.

I think you're just scared to admit that this race is going to be a lot closer than anyone would have thought  4 months ago.

Don't under-estimate the "anyone but Bush" phenomenon spreading across the North.  If Ohio goes Kerry's way in a nailbiter (very possible) and he gets New Hampshire too (also, very possible), Kerry can afford to lose Iowa and New Mexico (his most vulnerable states according to many experts) and still win.   Winning Florida would be nice, but if Kerry focuses in on Ohio and West Virginia and New Hampshire, he is in a very good position to eke out a victory in November.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 11:19:46 AM »

Actually, all Kerry has to do at this point is hold his ground for the next 8 months and he wins.  Not that he can necessarily do that, but Bush has to make headway, not Kerry.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 11:25:02 AM »

Yes, I admit, I'm scared. Not. Terrorism and Iraq alone will win Bush the election. Etch it.
HoopsCubs
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 11:31:45 AM »

Actually, all Kerry has to do at this point is hold his ground for the next 8 months and he wins.  Not that he can necessarily do that, but Bush has to make headway, not Kerry.

I agree with you on many things here, but I will differ on this one.  Kerry has to do more work - holding his ground does nothing for him IMO.   While President Bush may be behind in several polls, you still have to treat him as the favorite because his path is so much simpler than John Kerry's.   All Bush needs to do is win the same states he won in 2000.  Kerry has to regain 1-3 states and hold onto the the states that Gore won.  Gore won 5 of those states by a very, very slim margin.  That will take a lot of effort.  Kerry is clearly vulnerable in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and New Mexico (32 evs).  I think he's safe in Oregon, Michigan and Pennsylvania.   If you take the worst case that he loses the 4 vulbnerable states, he needs to make up 42 electoral votes to win.  Winning Florida and Ohio gives him 47.  Winning Ohio, Arizona, Nevada, West Virginia and New Hampshire gives him 44.  

It's a tough path!  But, I believe!

HoopsCubs
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 11:34:44 AM »

Yes, I admit, I'm scared. Not. Terrorism and Iraq alone will win Bush the election. Etch it.

Please.  Make some trips to Ohio, Arizona, Nevada and New Hampshire, and ask the swing voters there what the issues are.  I guarantee most will not say terrorism or Iraq.  In fact, Iraq could be a liability for Bush in those key states.    

California Dreamer

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2004, 11:39:06 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2004, 11:39:52 AM by California Dreamer »

I have yet to see any poll in the last year that says  that Iraq or Terrorism are the number one issues.

Ironically the states with the big targets (Illinois, New York and California) are all solid Kerry.

...sorry but Bush's ad wrapping himself in 9-11 only showed how out of touch he is. America is saying "what have you done for me lately". Elections are always decided on the 'are you better off?" factor.

...bottom line is, if consumer confidence and job security dont rise by November, then Bush is toast....period
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2004, 11:44:39 AM »

There are papers in Florida (Miami 5 days ago) that give Kerry a slight lead at this juncture.

I think you're just scared to admit that this race is going to be a lot closer than anyone would have thought  4 months ago.

Don't under-estimate the "anyone but Bush" phenomenon spreading across the North.  If Ohio goes Kerry's way in a nailbiter (very possible) and he gets New Hampshire too (also, very possible), Kerry can afford to lose Iowa and New Mexico (his most vulnerable states according to many experts) and still win.   Winning Florida would be nice, but if Kerry focuses in on Ohio and West Virginia and New Hampshire, he is in a very good position to eke out a victory in November.

There's no doubt that Ohio is key. It almost seems like Bush would be probable only of he wins both Ohio and Florida, while Kerry would be probable if he just takes Ohio (providing he hangs on to MN and WS).
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2004, 11:52:24 AM »

I have yet to see any poll in the last year that says  that Iraq or Terrorism are the number one issues.

Ironically the states with the big targets (Illinois, New York and California) are all solid Kerry.

...sorry but Bush's ad wrapping himself in 9-11 only showed how out of touch he is. America is saying "what have you done for me lately". Elections are always decided on the 'are you better off?" factor.

...bottom line is, if consumer confidence and job security dont rise by November, then Bush is toast....period

Consumer Confidence is up over 90! Not even Clinton had that during his re-election campaign. I believe I am better off then I was under Clinton. My taxes are lower and I feel safer in the world because of his efforts against dictators and terrorists. Many people I know feel the same. I know of many old school FDR Democrats who are saying "I plan on giving Bush my 100% support in November." And this is from old school Democrats who supported FDR and JFK.
HoopsCubs
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 11:56:38 AM »

Consumer Confidence is up over 90! Not even Clinton had that during his re-election campaign. I believe I am better off then I was under Clinton. My taxes are lower and I feel safer in the world because of his efforts against dictators and terrorists. Many people I know feel the same. I know of many old school FDR Democrats who are saying "I plan on giving Bush my 100% support in November." And this is from old school Democrats who supported FDR and JFK.

Do your friends happen to be older generation Americans in Ohio and West Virginia, who are struggling with job creation and health care?   If not, ask them what they think since they will in all likelihood decide the outcome.
elcorazon

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2004, 12:10:54 PM »

I just mailed my check yesterday.  My taxes were NOT lower.  I should've benefitted from the marriage penalty, lower rates, but I did not.  I guess I'm just not rich enough to justify paying less in taxes.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2004, 12:11:14 PM »

Not from Ohio or West Virginia, they are all from the south here. And Florida is not having a problem with its economy, unemployment is low and tourism is on the rebound big time. The states unemployment is below the national average.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2004, 12:14:29 PM »

I am far from rich! But my payroll deductions are a lot lower! I make 28k a year, btw. I am working blue collar and have gotten more money back under Bush then I did with Clinton.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2004, 12:41:54 PM »

im still amused that the dems are worried about nader.  how in the world are they going to beat an incumbent president when they are worried about some little peon like ralph nader?

i wish the dems would stop kissing his butt.  all i hear is 'we dont want nader to run but he has done a lot for consumer protection...blah blah blah."  

the dems should just come out and say that the man is a freakin joke who only cares about himself.  
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2004, 01:34:23 PM »

Dave edited this thread...
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2004, 01:40:03 PM »

Did he also send you a quarter telling you to go buy a clue?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies