Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:11:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373623 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: April 29, 2010, 05:35:46 PM »

Your still going on dates? Hell, the woman and I havent gone on a date in forever. Than again, we've been dating for quite some time though. Luckfully, I have no intentions of proposing to her.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #501 on: April 29, 2010, 10:31:01 PM »

Tomorrow, we are going to meet with her pastor at 10:00 am and will go ahead and reserve the church.  Then, we will breathe easy for a while, and go on dates and other outings and do some minor planning for the next several months.  We have been making plans for this summer and this fall and have several big events in mind.  We're going to take our matron of honor down to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Texas for her birthday in June and then go to our local amusement park, Frontier City, for my company's summer picnic.  I'm going to spend the fourth of July with her and her family watching fireworks.  Then, I have already scheduled her October birthday off and am thinking of something special for her.  I've already promised her I would spend Thanksgiving with her, as well.  I am to going to request she spend Christmas with my family this year.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #502 on: April 29, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »

I can help arrange your honeymoon in Vegas if you want.  My wife will keep Susan occupied, while you and I will take care of a dozen hookers and a giant bag of blow.  You'll love it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #503 on: April 29, 2010, 11:25:51 PM »

I can help arrange your honeymoon in Vegas if you want.  My wife will keep Susan occupied, while you and I will take care of a dozen hookers and a giant bag of blow.  You'll love it.

Hookers and blow?  You're a generous fellow.

Will your good friend the Senate Majority Leader be attending the festivities?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #504 on: April 29, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »

It's not really a party without Harry Reid.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2010, 07:56:31 AM »

Ahem, don't forget to invite the old folks, Joe.  Cry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #506 on: April 30, 2010, 09:10:12 AM »

It's not really a party without Harry Reid.

Just make sure not to invite Chuck Schumer. This attention whore would probably ruin the party.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #507 on: April 30, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »

link
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: April 30, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »

We have officially reserved the church and are going to have both her pastor and my pastor do it.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #509 on: April 30, 2010, 12:31:50 PM »

We have officially reserved the church and are going to have both her pastor and my pastor do it.

Wait...what?  That's allowed?  Seems like a very progressive church.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #510 on: April 30, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »

Can I take myself on a honeymoon to Vegas and take advantage of the offer?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #511 on: April 30, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »

So you'll be married twice?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #512 on: April 30, 2010, 09:15:13 PM »

No.  The planned activities are only for those who know how to have fun, like our buddy BushOklahoma.  You wouldn't like hookers, blow, booze and gambling anyway.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #513 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:53 PM »

No.  The planned activities are only for those who know how to have fun, like our buddy BushOklahoma.  You wouldn't like hookers, blow, booze and gambling anyway.

I wanna fly out and visit too!
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #514 on: April 30, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »

I wanna fly out and visit too!
my mom was just out there. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: April 30, 2010, 11:06:57 PM »

No, what will happen is her pastor will open the ceremony with prayer and the scripture reading and then we'll have a transition song and my pastor will administer the vows and the rings and pronounce us husband and wife and sign the marriage license.  It's pretty unconventional, but it has happened before.  Her pastor will do the first two months of marriage counseling in August and maybe September and then my pastor will counsel us in October and November.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #516 on: May 01, 2010, 12:04:57 AM »

It is now May 2010 and we are ready to start another month of our engagement and wedding planning!!  1 month down, 11 months to go until the wedding. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #517 on: May 01, 2010, 08:21:18 PM »

Of course, it is May 2010, and I guess everyone is just dying to know what we're going to do this month.

We're not going to do anything until this next weekend when we'll probably try to see Iron Man 2 either Friday night or Saturday afternoon.  That is also Mother's Day weekend, so we'll spend Sunday with our respective mothers, most likely.  The next really big event in May will be the weekend before Memorial Day when we'll go ahead and book the honeymoon in hopes of getting the cheapest air fare, hotel, and rental car combination.  I'll be on vacation with my family over Memorial Day weekend in Albuquerque visiting family.  We're going to slow down a little bit on the wedding planning not because of any trouble brewing, but we don't want to be bored stiff for the last 9 or 10 months of the engagement.  We've got the initial setup almost finished and we'll probably wait until at least November before we start going hot and heavy toward April.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #518 on: May 01, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »

Of course, it is May 2010, and I guess everyone is just dying to know what we're going to do this month.

We're not going to do anything until this next weekend when we'll probably try to see Iron Man 2 either Friday night or Saturday afternoon.  That is also Mother's Day weekend, so we'll spend Sunday with our respective mothers, most likely.  The next really big event in May will be the weekend before Memorial Day when we'll go ahead and book the honeymoon in hopes of getting the cheapest air fare, hotel, and rental car combination.  I'll be on vacation with my family over Memorial Day weekend in Albuquerque visiting family.  We're going to slow down a little bit on the wedding planning not because of any trouble brewing, but we don't want to be bored stiff for the last 9 or 10 months of the engagement.  We've got the initial setup almost finished and we'll probably wait until at least November before we start going hot and heavy toward April.

If you finish everything for your engagement early and feel like you guys would be bored stiff..... imagine marriage.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #519 on: May 02, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »

If you finish everything for your engagement early and feel like you guys would be bored stiff..... imagine marriage.

Oh, we're going to do everything we can to prevent the staleness of marriage.  We're not going to go out and by his and her's rocking chairs, yet.

Also, we have chosen our main song other than the Wedding March.  The song is (Everything I Do) I Do it All for You by Bryan Adams from one of the Robin Hood movies.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: May 02, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »

Oh, we're going to do everything we can to prevent the staleness of marriage.  We're not going to go out and by his and her's rocking chairs, yet.

Also, we have chosen our main song other than the Wedding March.  The song is (Everything I Do) I Do it All for You by Bryan Adams from one of the Robin Hood movies.
LOL!!  you will realise that everything you do is not for her but to spite her. I wanted to be sour like everyone else. Tongue

What a sappy song though. But it fits for a wedding. And you will probably turn out well if you guys can make it to the day of the wedding.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »

LOL!!  you will realise that everything you do is not for her but to spite her. I wanted to be sour like everyone else. Tongue

What a sappy song though. But it fits for a wedding. And you will probably turn out well if you guys can make it to the day of the wedding.

We're going to have so much fun over the next 11 months leading up to Wedding Day.  As I mentioned earlier, we are going to start going out on dates at least every other week and do something different each time so we can keep the relationship fresh.  Then, I promised her last week that we would have a date night once a week with just the two of us after we get back from our honeymoon.  I'm also planning to take her on a week-long vacation every year, though I haven't promised her that as I don't want to have to eat my words later.  We are going to do everything we can to keep this relationship fresh for many, many years.

As for the song, that is one of her favorite songs.  I just heard it for the first time late last week, but I love the lyrics and the music to it and I readily agreed to it.  We'll probably have another song in there besides the Wedding March, so probably a total of 3 besides the recessional.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: May 02, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »

We're going to have so much fun over the next 11 months leading up to Wedding Day.  As I mentioned earlier, we are going to start going out on dates at least every other week and do something different each time so we can keep the relationship fresh.  Then, I promised her last week that we would have a date night once a week with just the two of us after we get back from our honeymoon.  I'm also planning to take her on a week-long vacation every year, though I haven't promised her that as I don't want to have to eat my words later.  We are going to do everything we can to keep this relationship fresh for many, many years.

As for the song, that is one of her favorite songs.  I just heard it for the first time late last week, but I love the lyrics and the music to it and I readily agreed to it.  We'll probably have another song in there besides the Wedding March, so probably a total of 3 besides the recessional.

Ahh. i Know many couples do that. it seems to work.

As for the song, wow her fav. I wonder what your fast song will be. you know the lively one.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #523 on: May 02, 2010, 11:05:46 PM »

Then, I promised her last week that we would have a date night once a week with just the two of us after we get back from our honeymoon. 

Yeah, we do date night each week, unless we've got something else socially to do. The first week of the fortnight is usually more expensive - eating out or whatever, and then the second week is frequently cheaper, perhaps at home with a movie and a really nice meal (sometimes I'll cook for her and sometimes she'll cook for me, and sometimes we'll order takeaway). Basically we have a budget for the fortnight and we alternate who is doing the planning for the fortnight - and if the first week absorbs too much of the budget, we use the remainder in the second week to buy some nice ingredients (such as a more expensive steak or something like that) and then prepare a nice dinner at home.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: May 03, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »

We just entered the second month of our engagement this evening.  April was a really good month and a really educational month about my bride-to-be.  I learned lots of cool stuff about her!!  We're looking forward to going through the second month and hope to learn so much more about each other.  I believe in a relationship you never will know absolutely everything about each other, even if you're fortunate to celebrate 50 or more years together.  The element of suprise is always a part of a relationship and that's what keeps it fresh and exciting.  I've talked to an elderly couple who have been married almost 70 years and they still find new things about each other even when he is 4 months shy of 90 years old and she is almost 88.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies