Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:51:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373591 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 02, 2010, 04:02:59 AM »

Co-planning your boyfriend's proposal plan so you can say no would an amazingly evil way to break up with somebody.

LOL!!  And, as it stands right now, we are 1 year 90 minutes from our wedding day, which is Saturday, April 2, 2011!!  That could change, but that's where it is right now.

So July 2010 then?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #376 on: April 02, 2010, 07:22:23 AM »

Co-planning your boyfriend's proposal plan so you can say no would an amazingly evil way to break up with somebody.

LOL!!  And, as it stands right now, we are 1 year 90 minutes from our wedding day, which is Saturday, April 2, 2011!!  That could change, but that's where it is right now.

So July 2010 then?

To risk eating my words, we wouldn't be ready by then.  We're thinking definitely a 2011 wedding, or, possibly an Easter 2012 wedding.  We have several of things we need to discuss and plan on before we enter into marriage.  Marriage will happen, but we need to figure out how to take care of her ailing mother and grandmother which won't be an overnight decision.  Plus, while we want a small, intimate wedding, we don't want to skimp on it, because this will be the only wedding of our lives as we are going to remove the word divorce from our vocabulary.  i think we can get it done by Easter 2011, but we'll see.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2010, 07:31:09 AM by Lunar »

LOL!!  And, as it stands right now, we are 1 year 90 minutes from our wedding day, which is Saturday, April 2, 2011!!  That could change, but that's where it is right now.

So July 2010 then?

To risk eating my words, we wouldn't be ready by then.  We're thinking definitely a 2011 wedding, or, possibly an Easter 2012 wedding.

Considering your track record in respecting your previous pronouncements....I'm going to hold onto 2010, early 2011 at the earliest.  

But if not, it's good that you'll take the time to know her before you marry her, even if you didn't do that before you bought the ring.

It's also important to remember that your marriage is probably more likely to be successful if you don't have to go into debt/spend too much to make it happen. 

I'd say late this month, actually, if you could pull it off, but weddings take a while to organize Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »

Considering your track record in respecting your previous pronouncements....I'm going to hold onto 2010, early 2011 at the earliest.  

But if not, it's good that you'll take the time to know her before you marry her, even if you didn't do that before you bought the ring.

I think Lunar's being generous in his time line.  The last time around he met the girl, had a pregnancy scare, bought her a ring, gave up his laptop, got the ring and laptop back and swore off this sh**t all in about 60 days or so.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2010, 08:16:16 AM »

I'd be less generous, but it takes f'n long to actually arrange a wedding.  Like, a 100 hours spread out over several months, easy. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »

Does BushOK's sect of Christianity believe that engaged people can live in the same house? Or is that still sinful?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »

Does BushOK's sect of Christianity believe that engaged people can live in the same house? Or is that still sinful?

You need to be married for five years to move in together and even then, you have to sleep in separately in twin beds for five additional years.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »

LOL!!  And, as it stands right now, we are 1 year 90 minutes from our wedding day, which is Saturday, April 2, 2011!!

We're thinking definitely a 2011 wedding, or, possibly an Easter 2012 wedding.

2012?  Is the wedding going to be the opposite of the engagement?  Instead of constantly moving the timeframe earlier, the wedding will keep getting pushed back?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »

We're thinking definitely a 2011 wedding, or, possibly an Easter 2012 wedding.
[/quote]

What? If you're really going into this tragedy, better do it faster. Won't hurt as hard.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:17 PM »

Yes on the second question.

You need to be married for five years to move in together and even then, you have to sleep in separately in twin beds for five additional years.

No, on the night after the wedding it's perfectly acceptable and even encouraged.  If you don't live together right after the wedding, temptation can set in.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2010, 01:08:18 AM »

To risk eating my words, we wouldn't be ready by then.  We're thinking definitely a 2011 wedding, or, possibly an Easter 2012 wedding.  We have several of things we need to discuss and plan on before we enter into marriage.  Marriage will happen, but we need to figure out how to take care of her ailing mother and grandmother which won't be an overnight decision.  Plus, while we want a small, intimate wedding, we don't want to skimp on it, because this will be the only wedding of our lives as we are going to remove the word divorce from our vocabulary.  i think we can get it done by Easter 2011, but we'll see.

Like what? Perhaps getting to know each other a bit?
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »

So July 2010 then?

Holy crap, no wonder this girl wants to rush you into marrying her, you're going to take care of her, her mom, and her sick old granny?Huh
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »

Like what? Perhaps getting to know each other a bit?

That, and how we're going to take care of her mother and grandmother is the main thing.  That's not going to be an overnight decision.  We have floated around two or three ideas, but we aren't anywhere close to a decision.

Plus, I want to have the ring paid off before we get married, which should happen.  I also want to either get more stable in my job with another year under my belt or get into a higher-paying position where I have the chance to move up.  On top of that, I need to learn housekeeping.  I'm defintely not going to expect my wife to do all the cleaning, I am going to help her out.  I will also probably be the main cook in the house as neither of us know how to cook, really, and I am probably farther along than she is.  I am going to have my mother and grandmother teach me over the next year, as I don't want Burger King cooking for us every night.

My mother, dad, and grandmother are all in favor of this as is her mother, so we're good there.  They like the waiting a year part the best.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2010, 08:32:40 AM »

Since you posted a pic of Tiffanye, you gonna post a pic of the Mrs. Bushie-to-be?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »

Since you posted a pic of Tiffanye, you gonna post a pic of the Mrs. Bushie-to-be?

I plan on putting it and a pic of the ring on facebook at least.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: April 03, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »

I just picked up the ring and have it ready to give to her here in a little over 3 hours!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2010, 11:48:31 AM »

I just picked up the ring and have it ready to give to her here in a little over 3 hours!!

YOU CAN STILL BACK OFF!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: April 03, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »

YOU CAN STILL BACK OFF!

Haha, not on your life!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »

YOU CAN STILL BACK OFF!

Haha, not on your life!!

Well, I must say I kinde respect your stubborness. 28 pages of warmings, and you're still on the same track.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »

The activities begin in 12 minutes at 2:00, with the actual question coming around 3:30ish!!!  Tonight when I get home, I will update facebook first, then on Atlas.  I may not be home until around 8:00 CT, so it'll be a few hours, yet!!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2010, 05:39:21 PM »

You should have been giving us live updates via twitter or something.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #396 on: April 03, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »

MyGreatRelationshipWithHer have 30 followers Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »

i propozd
she sed yes
candulite dinner
candle fel over strted fire
PantsBurnLegWound
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »

Continuing our live coverage of the event. This makes 6 hours of live coverage. We turn to our man on the ground for live coverage.

This is a momentous afternoon today in Oklahoma. At this hour we have confirmed that BushOK is now engaged.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »

Will there be an Atlas lottery for tickets to the wedding?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies