General Notice About "Survivor" Threads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:31:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  General Notice About "Survivor" Threads
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: General Notice About "Survivor" Threads  (Read 5044 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »

From now on, I am deleting any new ones, no exceptions.  They add nothing to the debate on the forum, and you typically have to go through several of them to get to any other discussions.  I support the creation of a "Survivor Board" but we aren't going to take up valuable space for debate with that trash anymore.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »

Thank you x1000
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »

The only reason I didn't do this a while ago was because I was worried that it would lead to a revolt and Dave wouldn't be there to support me, but now that he seems to have taken a more active interest in things, and is finally standing behind us, I'm taking this measure.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:06:36 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2010, 05:12:26 PM by Frodo »

You have my complete support (not that this should surprise anyone...) -in fact I would urge you to go even further and delete every Survivor thread that currently exists on this board, and I would strongly encourage other moderators (with the sole exception of Joe Republic) to do the same with theirs.  
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 05:13:10 PM »

You have my complete support (not that this should surprise anyone...) -in fact I would urge you to go even further and delete every Survivor thread that currently exists on this board, and I would strongly encourage other moderators (with the sole exception of Joe Republic) to do the same with theirs.  

I agree. Move them all off to a board and be done with it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »

If they must be done, create a new board. I am supporting you.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »

SuperSoulty, a million virtual kisses from me Purple heart Purple heart
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

Kal's going to be pissed.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »

Thank you.  They're a huge eyesore.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »

Chris, I won't mind if you just move them to the Games board.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 08:31:56 PM »

I never minded one or two.  It reached a level of utter absurdity, however, with dozens running at one time.  I think there were one or two people responsible for conducting nearly all of them.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »

I don't want the games board to be flooded with them either.  I am waiting for a long-term solution, preferably a new board for them.  In the meantime, I'm simply placing a cease and desist on any future activity.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 12:45:27 AM »

We've had our differences, but I certainly salute you here.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 12:52:32 AM »

Approve.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »

There are a handful that are actually worthwhile, and I'd suggest that World Leader's Survivor was one of them, because it had been run before but most of the world leaders had changed. It also benefited from being contained in as few threads as possible.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 09:29:36 AM »

I actually put a lot of effort trying to add things about Argentine presidents in the Argentine survivor, i think it's pretty unfair on your part to suggest it should be deleted just because they don't interest you. And i actually think that the survivors in the history and international boards are quite interesting where sometimes we can get good discussions. And obviously those being less popular boards the issue of "clogging up the boards" isn't a big one.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 02:45:24 PM »

I don't want the games board to be flooded with them either.  I am waiting for a long-term solution, preferably a new board for them.

I spoke about it a while ago, then I support it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 03:18:08 PM »

Oh thank god.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 05:55:51 PM »

I actually put a lot of effort trying to add things about Argentine presidents in the Argentine survivor, i think it's pretty unfair on your part to suggest it should be deleted just because they don't interest you.

I am not demanding they be deleted just because they don't interest me -I am demanding they be deleted because the sheer quantity of them have approached the level of spam.   

And quite honestly, I don't care how much effort you (as well as others) put into making these Survivor threads.  Perhaps you would have been better served putting as much effort into thinking about how you might have been able to avoid the backlash that you are seeing now. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You might want to put some thought into Supersoulty's suggestion about creating a separate board for Survivor threads -do you think you can put all your Survivor spam there and leave the rest of the boards alone? 
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »

do you think you can put all your Survivor spam there and leave the rest of the boards alone? 

ja, i can
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 06:26:28 PM »

do you think you can put all your Survivor spam there and leave the rest of the boards alone? 

ja, i can

Splendid!
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 11:12:54 PM »

I actually put a lot of effort trying to add things about Argentine presidents in the Argentine survivor, i think it's pretty unfair on your part to suggest it should be deleted just because they don't interest you.

I am not demanding they be deleted just because they don't interest me -I am demanding they be deleted because the sheer quantity of them have approached the level of spam.   

And quite honestly, I don't care how much effort you (as well as others) put into making these Survivor threads.  Perhaps you would have been better served putting as much effort into thinking about how you might have been able to avoid the backlash that you are seeing now. 

You might want to put some thought into Supersoulty's suggestion about creating a separate board for Survivor threads -do you think you can put all your Survivor spam there and leave the rest of the boards alone? 

I don't create survivor threads, i just post in them. And again, i don't see how can threads where people explain the survivor choices and actually have good discussions can be considered spam. And i'm not talking about the ones in US general discussion which are more like partisan contests, i talk about others in other forums that are quite interesting. That's all i'm saying.

And i don't have any problems in moving the survivors to another forum for games or whatever, don't know why you mention that. My only problem was with the suggestion that all of them be deleted especially because i don't see how people can have that much trouble avoiding them, it's something that doesn't appear that hard to do.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 03:14:25 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2010, 03:46:47 AM by big bad fab »

And quite honestly, I don't care how much effort you (as well as others) put into making these Survivor threads.  Perhaps you would have been better served putting as much effort into thinking about how you might have been able to avoid the backlash that you are seeing now.  

Frodo, it's just because you don't come to the International General Discussion board: come & see my former Irish leaders survivor, my former India's PMs survivor, my current Argentina's presidents survivor, Hans' former Portuguese modern leaders survivor, etc...

In the History board, Kal's Stalin inner circle survivor, Kal's Tudors survivor, my own Soviet and sister party leaders survivor, (I hope the same for) my current Napoleon's marshals and Hitler's marshals and admirals, etc..., were also good opportunities to debate or discuss.

We've had real discussions & debates, more than in many topics where someone just put a link to an article, or say "I'm in a bad mood today", or the thousandth topic on Gary you-know-who or against Sarah you-know-who, or talk about "defeat of Chile's left" whereas there is already a topic on "Chile elections 2010", etc.

Granted, US survivors are generally uninteresting as they are only partisan survivors. And US, presidents survivor, for the thousandth time, is indeed a bad idea.
But please do not make the same statement for other survivors.

And, again, I agree a sub-board in the election & history games survivor is the best idea.

I'm not talking about you, but it's amazing to see voters in some survivors who are now strongly against any survivor... how mature...
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 03:16:04 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2010, 03:18:48 AM by Lunar »

Well, the international board, where real discussion apparently occurs, is not under subject of this rule, so why does it matter?

The mods aren't applying a blind policy here.  It's very easy to look at the topics and their authors in this particular board and judge them as disruptive to legitimate discussion.  
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies