Should women be allowed to vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:23:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Should women be allowed to vote?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Should women be allowed to vote?  (Read 20557 times)
CJK
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:25:06 PM »

CJK
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:39:53 PM »

Yes.

I'm rather alarmed you voted no.

Why? It's a fact that women are irrational. They make judgements based on emotions rather than reason based on factual information. It's not their fault, it's just the way they're designed.
Lee Atwater
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »

Not until they devise a way for women to vote from the kitchen
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »

No.

No really, they should be allowed to vote. Why such a dumb question??
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »

Why? It's a fact that women are irrational. They make judgements based on emotions rather than reason based on factual information. It's not their fault, it's just the way they're designed.

Leave. This poll shouldn't even exist.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 06:06:34 PM »

No (Ann Coulter)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 06:08:13 PM »

wtf ?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »

A dumb question gets a dumb answer. Smiley

(Of course I support universal suffrage.)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 06:14:06 PM »

True. Wink But so much stupidity hurts me so much that I'm unable to understand irony. Tongue
CJK
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 06:14:18 PM »

Yes.

With no exceptions? I think not.

You'll find just as many men who do the same thing. Why not take the vote off them too?

It is well known that women lack the rationality of men.

If women aren't irrational, why do they make such lousy leaders/politicians? Just look at the 2008 election. Hillary Clinton had every advantage yet let herself get beaten by a community agitator with no experience. She held out for months even after she was mathematically eliminated from the race. Contrast that to Romney who gracefully bowed out after it was clear that he couldn't catch up to McCain.

Then came Palin. I'm sure I don't have to elaborate on that one for the lefties out there.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 06:17:20 PM »

Voting is an attempt to have your interests represented.

Even if one accepts your argument that women are irrational, which I obviously don't, why should that in any way be relevant?

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »

Please stop responding to this thread. It's no worth to at all.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 06:47:51 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »

I'm trying to get through to him here. If I can encourage just one more person to see women as equals, then I will have achieved something.

Then good luck.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »

I'm trying to get through to him here. If I can encourage just one more person to see women as equals, then I will have achieved something.

Then good luck.

Winston is a true optymist
CJK
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 06:59:33 PM »

Even if one accepts your argument that women are irrational, which I obviously don't, why should that in any way be relevant?

Because it's not in the nation's interest to have half the electorate consisting of largely irrational people. That lead us to electing irrational politicians and contributes to having irrational policy. People who make decisions based off there emotions usually don't do what's in their best interests.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 07:03:05 PM »

Because it's not in the nation's interest to have half the electorate consisting of largely irrational people. That lead us to electing irrational politicians and contributes to having irrational policy. People who make decisions based off there emotions usually don't do what's in their best interests.

Who are you to judge what is in anyone's best interest? Furthermore, who are you to judge what is irrational?

Do you believe there are also irrational men? Should we maybe test everyone to make sure that only "rational" people vote?
CJK
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 07:06:09 PM »

Yes.

With no exceptions? I think not.

You'll find just as many men who do the same thing. Why not take the vote off them too?

It is well known that women lack the rationality of men.

If women aren't irrational, why do they make such lousy leaders/politicians? Just look at the 2008 election. Hillary Clinton had every advantage yet let herself get beaten by a community agitator with no experience. She held out for months even after she was mathematically eliminated from the race. Contrast that to Romney who gracefully bowed out after it was clear that he couldn't catch up to McCain.

Then came Palin. I'm sure I don't have to elaborate on that one for the lefties out there.

I'm sorry but you can't project the examples of one person onto a group of 3 billion people. That is just irrational, something that you seem to have such a disliking for. There are currently not many women in politics simply because they've historically had little power in it. It's increasing, but it wont be anywhere near the proportion of women to men for a long time to come, sadly. If ever.

Well I'm sorry but you have been brainwashed by the PC elite if you actually think women aren't represented because they lack power.

Women have made little if any contribution to science, philosophy, inventions, art, leadership, or mathematics.

Just look at this forum. The vast majority of the people on here are men. Why? Because men are interested in crafting policy, debating political issues, and being competitive. Women aren't interested in that. From their earliest days they are only interested in achieving security and social status. All of their decisions revolve around this irrational basis.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Well, maybe next year.
CJK
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »

Who are you to judge what is in anyone's best interest? Furthermore, who are you to judge what is irrational?

Do you believe there are also irrational men? Should we maybe test everyone to make sure that only "rational" people vote?

I'm not judging best interest I am merely noting that making a decision based off emotion tends to lead to poor results.

Of course there are some irrational men. But there are far more irrational women thean there are irrational men. Ideally we would want only rational people to vote but it would be hard to make that determination based off some sort of test that isn't time consuming. Allowing 50%+ of the voters to consist of irrational, emotionally driven people is in itself irrational.
CJK
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »

1. PC elite? Srsly? I'm about as UNpolitically correct as you can get. Check out my postings on religion for snippets of that.

2. What about Marie Curie? And maybe it's because people like you have always encouraged women not to think about such issues because in your eyes, it'd be 'irrational'.

3. Again, underepresentation. Women may generally have less interest in politics, but it doesn't mean they aren't as well informed.

Marie Curie is one in a million. And even then she only did empirical rather than theoretical work, and worked with other people. I certainly have never encouraged women one way or another.

The question is not a matter of being informed, it's a matter of using the information provided to you in order to make a rational judgement. Women don't do that. If they did, they would be on sites like this talking about it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »

I'm not judging best interest I am merely noting that making a decision based off emotion tends to lead to poor results.

Of course there are some irrational men. But there are far more irrational women thean there are irrational men. Ideally we would want only rational people to vote but it would be hard to make that determination based off some sort of test that isn't time consuming. Allowing 50%+ of the voters to consist of irrational, emotionally driven people is in itself irrational.

What constitutes "good" or "bad" results is entirely subjective. Women (and men) vote for people and parties they think will represent their interests. That's the purpose of voting.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 07:23:30 PM »

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Well, maybe next year.
CJK
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »

Until you can take an accurate measure of the psychological composition of all men and all women on this planet, I don't think you can generalise as such.

It's common sense dude. That's like saying we can't generalize that the sky is blue unless we photograph all of it.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 07:26:17 PM »

Yes of course. What a dumb question.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to: