Do you approve or disapprove of your Mayor and/or Council?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:33:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you approve or disapprove of your Mayor and/or Council?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do you approve or disapprove of your Mayor and/or Council?  (Read 1949 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2009, 04:17:42 AM »

Same as the other approve/disapprove threads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Miller_(Canadian_politician)
Strongly Disapprove

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Perruzza
Disapprove
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 04:29:24 AM »

Mayor Mike Bloomberg
Strongly Disapprove

Councilman James S. Oddo
Strongly Disapprove
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:31:52 AM »

Oscar Goodman is a loveable clown who few people in the city take very seriously.  He's only moderately effective, and that's mainly because his ideas usually involve spending a lot of money that the city doesn't have.  Like his longing for a new city hall, for example.

It's a constant source of amusement that as most of the Strip is outside the city perimeter in unincorporated Clark county, Goodman has absolutely no jurisdiction over it (or its revenues).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 05:24:17 AM »

Disapprove...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 06:05:58 AM »

Fernard Trahan, mayor

Strongly approve. I can't stand him, he is dictatorial and arrogant, but he is so good.

Robert Quesnel, councillor for 8th district

Neutral, since he was elected a month ago, but he seems better than his predecessor (a woman who what doing nothing because she spent half his term on maternity leave or being absent in council because she was with her kids and was incompetent the other half. When people in the 8th district had a problem, they were asking to the 7th district councillor. He got sick because he was working too much and had to give up running for the mayorship.)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 06:24:27 AM »

I hated both with a passion when I lived in Berkeley.  They would rather spend $500k suing the university on a legally questionable and stupid lawsuit over 13 trees on the university property than, say, spend that money repairing the awful transportation system present or the disgusting socioeconomic disparity present in that city.  Seriously, you'd have to convince me that George W. Bush wouldn't do a better job. 

I have no idea who anyone is where I live at the moment.  
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 06:27:42 AM »

I hated both with a passion when I lived in Berkeley.  They would rather spend $500k suing the university on a legally questionable and stupid lawsuit over 13 trees on the university property than, say, spend that money repairing the awful transportation system present or the disgusting socioeconomic disparity present in that city.  Seriously, you'd have to convince me that George W. Bush wouldn't do a better job. 

I have no idea who anyone is where I live at the moment.  

Well, that wouldn't happen in my town. Suing people = inefficient, so the mayor refuse to sue if he is not sure to win.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:29:53 AM »

Well, if the city didn't join as a plaintiff with the hippie's pointless and doomed lawsuit, then the hippy's would have been required to have put up some sort of collateral in exchange for the damage that the lawsuit might cause by putting a basic, normal construction project on delay.  So anything but the city fully backing the stupid hippy lawsuit would have been tantamount to a rejection, because, as we all know, hippies lack money.  They do tend to make up their lack of money with lies about Indian burial grounds being under whatever building you'd like to build though, you have to give them that.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 06:37:02 AM »

Well, if the city didn't join as a plaintiff with the hippie's pointless and doomed lawsuit, then the hippy's would have been required to have put up some sort of collateral in exchange for the damage that the lawsuit might cause by putting a basic, normal construction project on delay.  So anything but the city fully backing the stupid hippy lawsuit would have been tantamount to a rejection, because, as we all know, hippies lack money.  They do tend to make up their lack of money with lies about Indian burial grounds being under whatever building you'd like to build though, you have to give them that.

We don't have hippies here. Economy is based on forestry and mining industry, so hippies are hated, since they are bad for the economy. Real Indians are claiming some things about ancestral territory with new mines, but they usually shut up while giving them money.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 06:53:40 AM »

Well now that I graduated I live in a forest where hippies are armed to the teeth with shotguns who will  shoot you if you try and grab their cannabis nuggets from their plants.   Not quite sure what our economy is based on, but wikipedia says we've grown by about 3 people a year since 1900...so....I guess maybe three people a year have moved here on average over the last hundred years.  I increasingly feel that I should make this year's total 2 instead of 3
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 07:39:11 AM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 08:37:41 AM »

I can't remember who our Mayor is at the moment (its a ceremonial post, see) but they'd have to be dreadful to make me actually disapprove. As for the council... Bangor 'City Council' (lol) doesn't seem all that bad, but it's just a community council with very little power so it isn't as though it could fuck up in a serious way without great skill. I disapprove of Gwynedd County Council, of course. But am thankful, on this count at least, that I don't live on the other side of the Menai - Anglesey council is so bad that the Assembly Government actually took over the running of it earlier this year.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 11:28:15 AM »

Larry O'Brien (Mayor of Ottawa): Strongly, strongly disapprove. A crook, a nutjob and a fraud. Scary Larry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_O%27Brien_%28Canadian_politician%29

Jacques Legendre (Rideau-Rockcliffe Ward): Disapprove. Useless and stupid, also one of the most inactive members of council.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Legendre_%28Canadian_politician%29

I plan on voting against both in 2010, as well as against the incumbent school board member for my district if only because I hate the stupid retarded bureaucratic fraud that is the OCDSB.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »

City Mayor: Approve
County Mayor: Disapprove.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »

Mayor: Michael Nutter (D)- Approve
City Council 10th District: Brian O'Neill (R)- Neutral
Most of the City Council- STRONGLY Disapprove.  
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 12:05:04 PM »

Mayor - RT Rybak. Approve. Support for Governor.

City Councilman - Robert Lilligren. Approve. Great guy.

City Council overall - Mixed. I like that they are so closely tied to the owners of strip clubs and music venues, but the way they keep voting themselves pay raises and/or higher transportation allowances is pretty irritating, plus there was that little power grab over park funding tried last year.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »

We don't have a mayor, and our city council has nothing to do really, so it is really irrelevant who is on it, assuming they are not crooks. And that is the way it is, in pristine upper middle class suburbia, which is quite far from the madding crowd. It's boring baby! Smiley

As of example of how slow it is, I filed a missing person report, and within 20 minutes, about 15 cops were on it, and three coppers were in the air. It was just another slow night for law enforcement, who might as well be the Maytag men or women.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »

I support Mayor Riley. He's been in office for some 30 odd years, so it's becoming a tradition to vote for the man. My town also has a mayor, but I'm not really sure what he does besides read the Kiawah Island christmas poem at the tree lighting each year.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »

Strongly disapprove.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »

i approve.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »

Too be honest I know nothing about Urban Widmark (Mayor), except that he belongs to the Moderate Party, and that he used to be a teacher, so I really can't say.

As for the city council, I somewhat disapprove. At least the right has a small majority, so it obviously could be worse.

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »

My town's mayor has not started there for long, so i don't know what to think about her.

But the last mayor my town has had was one of the worst mayor's i have ever seen. All he did was sit around in his office and do nothing.  And he complained because of the bad press he revived, but he deserved every bit of it.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 05:59:45 PM »

Glendale's government is crap.  First they tell us to get grassy front lawns, and then they tell us not to water them, to conserve water.  They also banned fences.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »

Glendale's government is crap.  First they tell us to get grassy front lawns, and then they tell us not to water them, to conserve water.  They also banned fences.

Do you know Glendale has about 300 municipal employees that make over 100K per year, and about 100 that make over 200K, including a host of  firemen, and you add about 70% on top of that to account for the value of fringe benefits and pensions? About 20, including a couple of firemen, made over 300K in 2008 (again add 70% on top of that). Glendale should declare bankruptcy in sometime in 2010 I suspect. It will be one of many cities in California that join Vallejo, in the municipal BK club, come next year. If you want the list of the 100K club of Glendale employees, PM me, and I will send it along.

My city by the way has 5 employees in the 100K club, and none in the 200K club, except the city manager. I checked. Not all cities are run the same way, thank heavens.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 06:33:09 PM »

Glendale's government is crap.  First they tell us to get grassy front lawns, and then they tell us not to water them, to conserve water.  They also banned fences.

Do you know Glendale has about 300 municipal employees that make over 100K per year, and about 100 that make over 200K, including a host of  firemen, and you add about 70% on top of that to account for the value of fringe benefits and pensions? About 20, including a couple of firemen, made over 300K in 2008 (again add 70% on top of that). Glendale should declare bankruptcy in sometime in 2010 I suspect. It will be one of many cities in California that join Vallejo, in the municipal BK club, come next year. If you want the list of the 100K club of Glendale employees, PM me, and I will send it along.

My city by the way has 5 employees in the 100K club, and none in the 200K club, except the city manager. I checked. Not all cities are run the same way, thank heavens.

I will be getting out of here within the next year or so, I hope.  California in general is going down the tubes.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies