Great News for Republicans: Charges Dropped Against Nevada Lt. Gov Krolicki
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:26:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Great News for Republicans: Charges Dropped Against Nevada Lt. Gov Krolicki
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Great News for Republicans: Charges Dropped Against Nevada Lt. Gov Krolicki  (Read 811 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2009, 07:11:38 PM »

maybe now you guys won't be running two-bit sons of college basketball coaches and'll get a real candidate instead against Reid...or maybe Krolicki will have an "accident" very similar to Tiger Wood's

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/dec/07/charges-dismissed-against-lt-gov-brian-krolicki/

Saying that the prosecution had been “absurd from the beginning,” Krolicki said he was eager to put the court proceedings behind him and move forward. He added: “I think my political viability is something that’s very strong and I look forward to continue serving the people of Nevada.”

State Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto came under fire after it was learned last month that her husband had planned a fundraiser for one of Krolicki’s Democratic opponents for the lieutenant governor’s seat. At the last court date, her office offered to remove itself from the prosecution, which the defense declined.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2009, 07:17:09 PM by Lunar »

Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin.....meh.....I'd give him 10:1 odds at beating Schumer for majority leader.  

And for those who say what happened to Krolicki was unjust, I say to you, if he hadn't threatened to challenge Reid none of this would have happened to him, so he pretty much just brought it upon himself, just like women who dress provocatively deserve to get....nevermind.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »

Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin.....meh.....I'd give him 10:1 odds at beating Schumer for majority leader.  

And for those who say what happened to Krolicki was unjust, I say to you, if he hadn't threatened to challenge Reid none of this would have happened to him, so he pretty much just brought it upon himself, just like women who dress provocatively deserve to get....nevermind.

Yeah, it's okay if Reid tries to ruin his credibility so he can have a better shot at reelection Roll Eyes
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »

Aww, but I like Lowden. Sad
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 04:09:41 AM »

Huh?  When I posted this thread I was literally thinking of you Ronnie as the forumer who would get the most joy from this news.  Why would you support a third-tier candidate like a state party chairwoman over a real candidate who's actually ran for statewide office before?  There's no policy positions and what has Lowden done besides be a hack?  

This is a gift on a silver platter.  If you believe someone like Krolicki will be less effective against someone like Reid because those two are both political insiders in a pro-outsider environment, then Lowden shouldn't be your choice.  Why does anyone care about Lowden?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 04:27:17 AM »

Regardless of whether Krolicki jumps into the Senate race (which I still doubt), it doesn't really matter if Lowden and Tarkanian are considered second-rate candidates; either of them will beat Reid.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 04:32:00 AM »

Regardless of whether Krolicki jumps into the Senate race (which I still doubt), it doesn't really matter if Lowden and Tarkanian are considered second-rate candidates; either of them will beat Reid.

I think that's where we disagree.  If Reid faces anyone but Krolicki I'm willing to wager a small bet that Reid wins at the end.  I'll elaborate more as this race develops and as I learn more about the Nevadan electorate (I did spend most of my life in a town called Nevada City, California, fwiw Smiley).  And even if a third-tier candidate has the potential to win, it's still a significant coup to flip over to a first-tier candidate for a whole host of reasons that I don't think I even have to bother listing. 
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 10:50:59 AM »

I think this dude has said he isn't running for Reid's seat and is running for re-election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies