Lenin is assasinated in 1918
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:59:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Lenin is assasinated in 1918
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lenin is assasinated in 1918  (Read 925 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »

This is really a question for ag to answer but anyway...

I've been reading and thinking alot about Soviet History in the past few months and as happened Lenin survived two assasination attempts in 1918 when the revolution was still very much in the air. Anyone willing to speculate what would have happened had Dora Kaplan succeeded in killing the revolutionary?
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 07:21:33 AM »

A stalinist dictatorship but by Trotsky.

But Trotsky unable to keep power after the victory over White armies.

And then a more unstable period, but as harsh as in reality, maybe more. Zinoviev, Kamenev, Bukharin, Krestinsky, Dzherzinsky, etc: there are enough tough guys for this...

And eventually, maybe Stalin again. Or another dictatorial "stabilizer".

A very short answer, that should be thought a bit in the detail, I mean, it depends when in 1918.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »

Well, I guess, the transition would have had to happen earlier, and Stalin wouldn't have been a major figure at that moment (not yet). Trotsky would have been the most prominent figure for the public, but he wasn't a real Bolshevik, and that would have still been important. So, I guess, Zinoviev, Kamenev, etc., etc. would have made the alliance they eventually did make to get rid of Trotsky himself - but sans Stalin, at least for the moment. Perhaps, Trotsky would have tried to make alliances w/ still not fully demolished sociallist groups outside of the Bolshevik party, if he were to feel threatened from withing. Would have been an itneresting internal struggle right at the start of the civil war.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 03:09:59 PM »

Well, I guess, the transition would have had to happen earlier, and Stalin wouldn't have been a major figure at that moment (not yet). Trotsky would have been the most prominent figure for the public, but he wasn't a real Bolshevik, and that would have still been important. So, I guess, Zinoviev, Kamenev, etc., etc. would have made the alliance they eventually did make to get rid of Trotsky himself - but sans Stalin, at least for the moment. Perhaps, Trotsky would have tried to make alliances w/ still not fully demolished sociallist groups outside of the Bolshevik party, if he were to feel threatened from withing. Would have been an itneresting internal struggle right at the start of the civil war.

I guess this is about right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies