Comedy Goldmine XII: A reimagining with Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:14:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine XII: A reimagining with Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine XII: A reimagining with Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell  (Read 171673 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2009, 07:59:43 AM »

Shame it wasn't funny.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »

Oh, I'm sorry.  I'll tell you what; how about you pretend it was Libertas or Hamilton who posted that picture in response to something similarly ludicrous by, say, Xahar or Antonio V.

You're welcome.  Smiley
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »

Oh, I'm sorry.  I'll tell you what; how about you pretend it was Libertas or Hamilton who posted that picture in response to something similarly ludicrous by, say, Xahar or Antonio V.

You're welcome.  Smiley

What I said wasn't ludicrous. I was right.

Analogy fails.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2009, 08:06:37 AM »

You're welcome.  Smiley
Still not funny.

You're welcome.  Smiley

Okay, that sort of is funny. Although it's still the kind of Funny-how-people-can-be-THIS-dumb kind of funny we don't want in the Comedy Goldmine. Angry As is the post of yours that BRTD posted.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2009, 08:08:21 AM »

Well, you're certainly posting in the correct thread then.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2009, 08:11:11 AM »

You're welcome.  Smiley
Still not funny.

You're welcome.  Smiley

Okay, that sort of is funny. Although it's still the kind of Funny-how-people-can-be-THIS-dumb kind of funny we don't want in the Comedy Goldmine. Angry As is the post of yours that BRTD posted.

Illegal has more than one meaning, though I didn't expect you or BRTD to know that.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »

Moderator ruling:

The phrase "stop saying words" is inherently funny and arguing intellectual integrity in the Goldmine is about as bad as arguing intellectual integrity in an Arby's drive-through.

carry on.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »

I suggest we hear more from Al:

Did Titus groan and say "oh heck" when hearing this?

I'll get my coat.

Twice.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »

You're welcome.  Smiley
Still not funny.

You're welcome.  Smiley

Illegal has more than one meaning, though I didn't expect you or BRTD to know that.
I'm aware. (I'm aware that "illegal" can be used, in some contexts, to mean what you intended it to mean in the first part of the sentence, and would never have highlighted it were I the kind of person putting these kind of posts in the Goldmine. I'm also aware you don't expect people to know much.)
I'm also aware BRTD probably didn't notice that. And I'm aware you probably didn't notice I was mostly attacking BRTD for posting such drivel in the Fantasy Goldmine, not you for posting such drivel.
What I wasn't aware until right now is that you said "shouldn't have the power", not "shouldn't have the right" or somesuch, and that your statement, while redundant, is logical if you accept its premise. Somehow I'd misread that before.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2009, 08:28:39 AM »

You're welcome.  Smiley
Still not funny.

You're welcome.  Smiley

I'm aware. (I'm aware that "illegal" can be used, in some contexts, to mean what you intended it to mean in the first part of the sentence, and would never have highlighted it were I the kind of person putting these kind of posts in the Goldmine. I'm also aware you don't expect people to know much.)
I'm also aware BRTD probably didn't notice that. And I'm aware you probably didn't notice I was mostly attacking BRTD for posting such drivel in the Fantasy Goldmine, not you for posting such drivel.
What I wasn't aware until right now is that you said "shouldn't have the power", not "shouldn't have the right" or somesuch, and that your statement, while redundant, is logical if you accept its premise. Somehow I'd misread that before.

Fair enough.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »

HEY JOE! FYI MY POSTS ARE ALWAYS FUNNY!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »

Moderator ruling:

The phrase "stop saying words" is inherently funny and arguing intellectual integrity in the Goldmine is about as bad as arguing intellectual integrity in an Arby's drive-through.

carry on.

I argue in the Arby's drive-through whenever I go to an Arby's that has a drive-through (which is not often).
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »

Bizarre thread by a bizarre poster from a bizarre state.  We shouldn't really be that freaked out.

Its the subtlety that freaks one out.  I wasn't fazed a bit by the Winston Disreali testical revelation, but this guy always makes one feel uneasy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2009, 06:38:35 PM »

he has money therefore they will do anything to get gifts. They are just smoochers.

Yes, as if your panties wouldn't be down at your knees if Tiger Woods so much as said hello to you.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:42 PM »

Santa Claus? Really? He's fake, and has nothing to do with Jesus. (Sorry Catmusic)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »

Blubbs impersonations are epic:

South Carolina will NOT be close in 2012.

We have no way of knowing for sure.  Such is what happens when one is three years away from a general election.  What we can say, however, is that if Obama does as much for poor whites as he does for poor blacks (and he cannot help one without helping the other) then this should give him an advantage in the "Clinton-but-not-Obama states". 

The real challenge of the GOP is to expand beyond the corporate thugs and the hostile religious element that runs the party at present.  As of yet, the GOP has few ways in which to win and many ways in which to lose - which may or may not mean the same thing.  Such is the case when language is futile to describe the serious trouble that the Republicans are in.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »

An old fashioned shop that doesn't appear to sell anything useful If by "old-fashioned" you mean "front for Vietnamese immigration fraudsters," absolutely
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »

Hitler had the support of many elite in the military and businesses. He was very anti-communist. Of course, he wasn't the friend of Jewish bankers.
Why not? They financed his rise to power, after all.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »

While I disagree with him on abortion, Satanism, Zionism, imperialism, Winston Churchill, and self-castration, he is still a FF.

I absolutely love that list.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2009, 11:40:08 PM »

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2009, 12:05:10 AM »

Oh God, this is still going on? How about they agree to drop this whole "health insurance" thing so we can all breathe a sigh of relief?

The freedom to die from lack of health insurance is one of America's more treasured! The government trampling that right is TYRANNY!!!111!

Huh? I'm talking about the freedom to not be a victim of armed robbery in order to pay for the bad choices of others.

Bad choices of others? Seriously? What about those who have a medical condition through no fault of their own?
Their healthcare costs would be substantially lower if they didn't have to bear the costs of those who choose to live unhealthy lives knowing they'll be taken care of no matter what.

[1] The Study In Libertas' Mind, Dec. 9th, 2009
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2009, 01:09:59 AM »

Smid on the new Premier of New South Wales, K. K. Keneally:

I watched an interview with her and she's okay at sticking to the script and saying the exact lines that have been given to her... although she wasn't so good at picking lines that necessarily related to the question being asked.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies